Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton’s Finances

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was an interesting thread on the Leeds Twitter feed recently about the length of time the club was taking to pay small, local traders - and the number of times Leeds tried to avoid paying by offering shirts/match tickets instead. We're talking bills for around £600 here and I always think that's a sure sign of a club with real financial problems.
Wonder if there are any similar stories about Everton?
Hopefully Wolves pay all local traders bang on time
People go on about Leicester being a well run club, conveniently forgetting they went bust in the early 2000’s (after building their new ground….) & left lots of local traders up **** creek

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats Peter waltons verdict?
walton - Well I agree with burnley and Leeds there is a clear breach of FFP
pundit - really Peter but what about Everton’s stance
walton - well I agree covid was particularly bad for Everton, much more than anyone else.
pundit - but do Leeds and burnley deserve to go down when they have genuine grievance
Walton - no I agree Everton should be fined
pundit - so Everton should be fined.
walton - yes, I mean no, Leeds and Burnley should be fined
pundit - what for?
Walton - Everton breaching FFP
pundit - so Leeds and Burnley fined because Everton make up fictional accounts
walton - yes, no, I mean yes, oh god…. What was the original decision? I agree with the original decision, but can see how any other variation of a decision can be made

Rio - ****

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People go on about Leicester being a well run club, conveniently forgetting they went bust in the early 2000’s (after building their new ground….) & left lots of local traders up **** creek
I work in Leicester and know people who were never paid. They did not celebrate Leicester winning the league. The ill feeling towards them shouldn’t be under estimated.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I work in Leicester and know people who were never paid. They did not celebrate Leicester winning the league. The ill feeling towards them shouldn’t be under estimated.
They didn’t even pay for the champagne they ordered to celebrate when they were promoted

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not something the oh so righteous Mr Lineker makes much mention of these days.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this, but is related by clubs complaining about other clubs finances.

Confirmation that Real were prepared to pay Mbappe the same. La Liga are hypocritcal ****s. They better get used to the fact that Real and Barca can't just buy anyone they want anymore. Hopefully their finances will get MUCH worse.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Confirmation that Real were prepared to pay Mbappe the same. La Liga are hypocritcal ****s. They better get used to the fact that Real and Barca can't just buy anyone they want anymore. Hopefully their finances will get MUCH worse.

Unless I’m missing something obvious, Real Madrid and La Liga have got some brass balls on them to even attempting to cry foul over this. Who the **** do they think they are?

Kin hell!!!! They weren’t moaning when they were raiding clubs and signing players like the Ronaldo’s, Beckham’s, Bale’s etc, etc of this world.

It almost make you wish (no, hang on I’ll rephrase that) it makes you wish that they would all just **** off and create this poxy Super League so we can get football back on some even keel.

W-anchors!!!!!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think La Liga are protecting Real Madrid and Barcelona - just look at how Barcelona were screaming 'Unfair !' when they had to release Messi to fall in line with the new La Liga regulations. Reading this
How LaLiga economic controls go beyond Financial Fair Play | Global Fútbol
it srikes me that they are trying to instill some financial responsibility into the system. Their complaint in this instance re Mbappe is against the power of what they call 'State run' clubs (here Qatar). It seems to me they want UEFA to put in similar regulations across Europe to those they have imposed to try and establish a more level (yes, I know, its too late) playing field.
As for 'State run' clubs and the financial advantage this gives them, bear in mind we have more than one (Newcastle, Citeh) in our own League...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think La Liga are protecting Real Madrid and Barcelona - just look at how Barcelona were screaming 'Unfair !' when they had to release Messi to fall in line with the new La Liga regulations. Reading this
it srikes me that they are trying to instill some financial responsibility into the system. Their complaint in this instance re Mbappe is against the power of what they call 'State run' clubs (here Qatar). It seems to me they want UEFA to put in similar regulations across Europe to those they have imposed to try and establish a more level (yes, I know, its too late) playing field.
As for 'State run' clubs and the financial advantage this gives them, bear in mind we have more than one (Newcastle, Citeh) in our own League...
Talking of "State run" clubs have a look at Real's history....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps La Liga doesn't speak for all of its members....

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they're offering tarkowski 120k p/w
Obviously haven't learnt anything about giving older players big wages on long contracts....

He is a decent defender one I feel suited Burnley and their style but if the backline pushes up a bit higher which will be expected at Everton he will struggle I feel...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's 30 in December, so pretty dismal resale value and never tried outside a very defensive system

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League have cleared Everton of fiddling after accepting that they really did lose £170m due to Covid which is way way above any other similar club. Leeds and Burnley have now dropped their demands for an investigation, once again the Premier League show us how they just sweep things under the table when it suits them

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League have cleared Everton of fiddling after accepting that they really did lose £170M due to Covid which is way way above any other similar club. Leeds and Burnley have now dropped their demands for an investigation, once again the Premier League show us how they just sweep things under the table when it suits them

This was written 6 days ago.....

"From a regulatory and business point of view, June 30 remains a date of real significance for director of football Kevin Thelwell and co.

As the end of the current financial year, and thus the latest FFP cycle too, that date marks the final day in which incomings and outgoings can be added to Everton’s 2021-22 profit and loss calculations.

The bulk of Everton’s incomings for this window will have to be done after June 30. With so little wiggle room, the focus for the next few days will be on bringing in money and further reducing costs.

Sources have suggested to The Athletic that Everton have factored in the prospect of one significant sale for the current financial year. But business has been slow and while there has been interest in
Richarlison, no club has yet followed up with an offer for the Brazil forward."

I suspect the fee agreed with Spurs was the minimum they needed to sneak through the FFP assessment.

It should mean they don't have any of those funds available to spend, unless they gamble on being able to do the same thing next season and sell another player before the FFP reporting period ends.

They've freed up quite a lot of wages by releasing players like Delph and Tosun, which should cover some free transfers. But they are still in trouble next season I think, mainly because Frank Lampard is still their manager.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League have cleared Everton of fiddling after accepting that they really did lose £170M due to Covid which is way way above any other similar club. Leeds and Burnley have now dropped their demands for an investigation, once again the Premier League show us how they just sweep things under the table when it suits them
Is this what is known as 'creative accounting'....?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It defies belief that Everton had such a massive lose because of Covid compared to say Leeds at £24m and Newcastle at £40m.
You're only allowed to lose £105m over 3 years and Everton lost £327m and got away with it, stinks but as the Premier league have a history of deceit and corruption it's probably par for the course.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It defies belief that Everton had such a massive lose because of Covid compared to say Leeds at £24m and Newcastle at £40m.
You're only allowed to lose £105m over 3 years and Everton lost £327m and got away with it, stinks but as the Premier league have a history of deceit and corruption it's probably par for the course.
Certainly corrupt but probably would only for the benefit of "larger" clubs. Had say Wolves done this we would have had the book thrown at us

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is a farce, the only place where it’s properly applied is in the football league really where the consequences are far worse than it would be elsewhere for the club involved (and it’s fans too).

Even in the football league though, they have their hands tied when a club gets promoted as the PL won’t do anything.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are a "legacy "club though aren't they? They have spent over 70 years in the top division and despite the scare of last season they are expected to stay there ad infinitum and thus have gold plated status amongst the Premier League hierarchy.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't Everton forced to sell Richarlison or face sanctions from the Premier League?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League have cleared Everton of fiddling after accepting that they really did lose £170m due to Covid which is way way above any other similar club. Leeds and Burnley have now dropped their demands for an investigation, once again the Premier League show us how they just sweep things under the table when it suits them

Disgraceful. The fact that a couple of the big six also declared combined covid losses of over 100m and had to get shareholder cash injections to support their transfer business probably meant the PL felt Everton could defend their position if challenged.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure that has anything to do with the current owners though.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bear in mind Wolves declared Covid related losses of about £18m too I believe.

When you consider that we were in Europe at the time so would have literally had more games from which to lose revenue with the competition being finished in Germany rather than having 2 legs so at least two more home games with fans and at least one more at our own ground with our own commercial revenues lost, it shows how farcical that figure they’ve declared is.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Creative accounting is letting a few of your clients coffees slip through as subsistence even though they probably aren’t. I’d call it fraudulent to be honest, they’re only getting away with it because it’s financial reporting to the PL rather than a legal filing stand point.

If this was something they had to file to say HMRC / Companies House because it had tax implications there’d be no way that would be deemed anything other than fraudulent in my view.

They’ve genuinely stated loss of earnings from a depressed transfer market.

A) it was barely depressed, the PL clubs pretty much carried on as normal.

B) if it was depressed then surely they also managed to buy players for lower fees. Did they factor this in too?

C) when have Everton been a selling club that maximises profit and reinvests in players with good potential future value for this to be something that would genuinely have affected them negatively?

D) If anything, as a buying club that spunks millions up the wall every summer a depressed market would in theory benefit them.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't Everton forced to sell Richarlison or face sanctions from the Premier League?

That's what some outlets have reported but I've not seen anything official to prove it outright. It did seem Everton were desperate to sell before July 1st.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Everton lost tons of money but stadium expenses would have been excluded from that. Not sure how much of their losses are from that.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will go down this season don't worry. They only just made it last season. They lost they main forward just to cover the loss they made and waiting on a takeover.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Werent they putting some of the on loss of income as a result of not being able to get max value for transfered players. I.e. they were claiming they would have got 40m for chec tosun

Back
Top Bottom