Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ever walked out of a film or play?

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read Edgmond's review of the Favourite (which I liked a lot - the film not the review :)), I wonder if you have ever voted with your feet and walked out of a play or film? I have only ever walked out once, and that was a play by Caryl Churchill called Top Girls. It was a feminist rant that made it's points in a very unsubtle way. Over to you....

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
No, but I fell asleep during a stage production of Anthony and Cleopatra, with Vanessa Redgrave and Timothy Dalton in the lead roles.

D

Deleted member 3518

Not personally, remember many walking/being helped out during the screening of Ken Russell's The Devils.

Turn plenty off at home, last being Bohemian Rhapsody.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember going to watch star wars at Bentley Bridge and falling asleep. I dont get it. Went with a mate who actually likes that ****.

D

Deleted member 3518

I remember going to watch star wars at Bentley Bridge and falling asleep. I dont get it. Went with a mate who actually likes that ****.

I always struggle not to fall asleep, not sure if it's the heat, atmosphere or wife's choice of film.

D

Deleted member 4382

I’ve fallen asleep in the cinema loads.

Having said that, I fell asleep sat in the centre court as Murray won the men’s final and once even dozed off mid match in the Southbank (but this last one was beer induced).

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve fallen asleep in the cinema loads.

Having said that, I fell asleep sat in the centre court as Murray won the men’s final and once even dozed off mid match in the Southbank (but this last one was beer induced).
Solbakken or Hoddle?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never walked out, usually end up waiting for the movie / show to get going. Sometimes slow starters get sometimes they just peter out. :(

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pokemon. Went and listened to football scores in car. Fair few years ago that was.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once got a lamping off a fella when the woman next to me found the “surprise” in the bottom of my popcorn tub and made a proper scene about it.........

S

ShropshireLad

Walked out of a production of Boris Godunov at the ENO to go to a party but the missus stayed and arrived an hour and a half after me.:cool:
Walked out of A Zed and Two Noughts (Peter Greenaway), stretched out on a sofa in the foyer and the missus woke me up an hour later.:oops:

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walked out of a production of Boris Godunov at the ENO to go to a party but the missus stayed and arrived an hour and a half after me.:cool:
Walked out of A Zed and Two Noughts (Peter Greenaway), stretched out on a sofa in the foyer and the missus woke me up an hour later.:oops:
Greenaway has a very vivid/depraved imagination depending upon your point of view. I once attended an exhibition that he put on at Compton Verney and which included nearly 100 suitcases that supposedly belonged to Luper, a mysterious character that he has created. It was strange and then some.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walked out of the Carter USM reunion a few years ago.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I passed out at the movies once if that counts

was watching a horror movie and this scene came up where this guy got his thumb cut off with bolt cutters: I fainted and then came to not knowing where I was or anything.

I had my own thumb cut off when I was a kid (slammed in a door) and I guess the film triggered some memories and the system overloaded :eek::D

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I passed out at the movies once if that counts

was watching a horror movie and this scene came up where this guy got his thumb cut off with bolt cutters: I fainted and then came to not knowing where I was or anything.

I had my own thumb cut off when I was a kid (slammed in a door) and I guess the film triggered some memories and the system overloaded :eek::D

My brother dislocated and tore tendons in his shoulder in a skiing accident. A couple of months later the Clint Eastwood film Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was on tv. In it there is a scene in which Clint dislocates his shoulder then snaps in back into place, like you ricki with your thumb my brother found that too harrowing and fainted ! ( A dislocated shoulder and tendon damage obviously hurts yet I doubt it can compare to your thumb injury )

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother dislocated and tore tendons in his shoulder in a skiing accident. A couple of months later the Clint Eastwood film Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was on tv. In it there is a scene in which Clint dislocates his shoulder then snaps in back into place, like you ricki with your thumb my brother found that too harrowing and fainted ! ( A dislocated shoulder and tendon damage obviously hurts yet I doubt it can compare to your thumb injury )

Interesting how the body stores memories of trauma isn't it?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting how the body stores memories of trauma isn't it?

Very true, while no where near the severity of your injury I once broke my right ankle and so every time who ever is covering football or other types of sport where these types of injuries occur I am not a fan and have no desire to want to watch it again in slow motion close up as some broadcasters think we would enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom