Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Eradicating ****y Wanderers

Sidaway

Reaction score
Anyone else think this needs to just completely stop?

When we sing it when it’s 0-0 or we’ve got a consolation goal back in a game is embarrassing.

Seen a few people on Twitter suggesting booing when it gets sung, I’m definitely up for that.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a song, and a choice, some want to sing it okay, some don't like it okay, move on.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also hate it with a passion. There is a little bit of a irony if you are 5 nill up but I just don't like it.

Growing up I heard it too much from plastic Man U or Liverpool fans (who ever is top of the league).

I do think we should cut it out.

Darbena

Reaction score
I wondered if it was Shrewsbury’s only song !

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to dislike the “How **** must you be, we’re winning at (wherever)”

That seemed disrespectful to the players, but ****y Wanderers doesn’t have that feel to me, it’s just ironic, taking the **** out of the opposition fans rather than us.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is wrong with the word ****y, that it needs eradicating.
( eradicating -:Not a word we used to often at Wednesfield High, or the North Bank in the 70's)

Last edited:

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
For me, the only time we should sing this, is if it as been sung by the opposition fans at us before we come back from being behind in a game
to win it.
Agreed. It's a bit cringe worthy singing it when we haven't been goaded. Great to ironically sing it back to oppo fans after a comeback. It's a real f you moment. Man U fans do the same, ironically singing back "who the f*ck are Man Utd"

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbf most **** teams like Shrewsbury sing it to wind us up, when we sing it back they shut up cos they know we ain’t bothered. Most teams that’s the only thing they sing all game.

D

Deleted member 3518

What is wrong with the word ****y, that it needs iradicating.
( iradicating -:Not a word we used to often at Wednesfield High, or the North Bank in the 70's)

How about eradicating, often heard on the North Bank, no?;):D

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno had a dream makes me want to kick a small child.
Luckily my child isn’t that small otherwise....

Sidaway

Reaction score
Anyone else think the weekly moan about this song is more irratating and mundane than the song itself? Some people need to get over it
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread about this personally so...

Sidaway

Reaction score
For me, the only time we should sing this, is if it as been sung by the opposition fans at us before we come back from being behind in a game
to win it.
Exactly my point.

Sidaway

Reaction score
What is wrong with the word ****y, that it needs iradicating.
( iradicating -:Not a word we used to often at Wednesfield High, or the North Bank in the 70's)
It’s got nothing to do with using the actual word ‘****y’ ffs...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Should only be sung when we're playing Bolton or Wycombe!
Nobody likes it and yet a lot of people sing it. As ever singing pretty much anything is better than not singing though.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as easy to sing a pro Wolves song.........Like when we score the 'Who are ya 'chant seems to be the first reaction of some fans instead of directing their energies to our own team

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****y ****y ****y
I didnt actually swear then just typed 4 asterisks followed by a y.
Now that's what I call ****y.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I don't know who some people think they are trying to get what they want to be sung at games via a forum, we rarely ever had threads like this years ago, seems to happen every week now. This song is ****, that song is offensive, this song boring and too slow, that song kills the atmosphere. The atmosphere should be created naturally, not manipulated by forums or twitter/facebook, so if ****y Wanderers is sung at the wrong times then so be it. Otherwise what's the alternative, some dweeb printing out a hymnsheet before every game and handing them out at the turnstiles? A list of acceptable songs for the game with appropriate times they can be sung and a banned list at the bottom in caps? Do one.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know who some people think they are trying to get what they want to be sung at games via a forum, we rarely ever had threads like this years ago, seems to happen every week now. This song is ****, that song is offensive, this song boring and too slow, that song kills the atmosphere. The atmosphere should be created naturally, not manipulated by forums or twitter/facebook, so if ****y Wanderers is sung at the wrong times then so be it. Otherwise what's the alternative, some dweeb printing out a hymnsheet before every game and handing them out at the turnstiles? A list of acceptable songs for the game with appropriate times they can be sung and a banned list at the bottom in caps? Do one.
I enjoyed reading that. Classic :)

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This song was sung by Wolves fans first back in the 70's to the Chicory Tip tune. Which I think went to number 1?
Wolves fans back in the day sang chorus/ title "Son of my Father" with..
# Oh Wolverhampton.. Wolverhampton Wolverhampton Wanderers #
Away fans adopted the ****y ****y wanderers but we would drown them out.. Like we should do now too make us sound twice the volume..
# Oh Wolverhampton.. Wolverhampton Wolverhampton Wanderers # :cool:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s absolutely fine to sing when we take the lead or come back from behind if it’s been sung to us by the opposition’s fans. Quite funny in fact.

Another thread moaning about nowt cause people are bored.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This song was sung by Wolves fans first back in the 70's to the Chicory Tip tune. Which I think went to number 1?
Wolves fans back in the day sang the chorus/ title "Son of my Father" with..
# Oh Wolverhampton.. Wolverhampton Wolverhampton Wanderers #
Away fans adopted the ****y ****y wanderers but we would drown them out.. Like we should do now too make us sound twice the volume..
# Oh Wolverhampton.. Wolverhampton Wolverhampton Wanderers # ;)
This is the only way you'll eradicate the opposition singing it ;)

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like it. Its taking the **** out of the away fans.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to win it.
exactly

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean like this Steve vena .. Wolves fans after the Doc scored the equalizer Saturday. Shrewsbury fans had been giving it too us all through the game.. We got our own back on them.. Especially with 2-0 an you ****** it up lol!

that’s it in its correct format

R

reanswolf

Must admit, I think it brings more abuse and mockery on us than it does vice versa, especially in the long run, but stating I don't like it won't change a thing unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom