Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England...

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone watching?

Jack Butland makes a meal of a simple save to giveaway a corner, from the resulting corner Italy score past Butland with a looping header that wasn't far away from the centre of the goal which if positioned correctly he should have saved comfortably. Oh and he probably could have come for the cross. Yet The comms say there was nothing he could do about any of it!

Oh and they've failed to notice that Italy are also playing a few young and in experienced players.

Still England's shape is looking better, just needs a half decent CF.

W

WasStefan

They're keeping possession and not hoofing. Which is a major plus. Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forwards.

You can't blame Butland for the goal in my opinion. Never getting their.

PS- don't know why Carroll is playing if we're playing possession football

W

WasStefan

Massive fan of Johnson, he needs to move from City. Massive potential

Walker + Johnson on the right wide = deadly

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're keeping possession and not hoofing. Which is a major plus. Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forwards

I agree but there is still a lack of movement which is why the ball goes backwards or sideways alot more than forwards. Rooney will improve this but ALL of the current attacking players are far too static. The similarities between Wolves and England are shocking.

Young's movement isnt too bad when he can be bothered to show for the ball, but movement off the ball is what possession football is all about. Look at Barca, Swansea, Spain their players are never stood still even the defenders move around to make an option.

W

WasStefan

I agree but there is still a lack of movement which is why the ball goes backwards or sideways alot more than forwards. Rooney will improve this but ALL of the current attacking players are far too static. The similarities between Wolves and England are shocking.

Young's movement isnt too bad when he can be bothered to show for the ball, but movement off the ball is what possession football is all about. Look at Barca, Swansea, Spain their players are never stood still even the defenders move around to make an option.

Agree, believe it or not Carrick is the perfect player for this style of play.

A

andyc225

Andy Carroll would never get caps if he didn't play for Loserpile. He's complete and utter toilet.

I see Scott Shaw is there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Carroll would never get caps if he didn't play for Loserpile. He's complete and utter toilet.

I see Scott Shaw is there.

Ahem.. Carroll made his debut whilst playing for Newcastle. :cool:

D

Dewsburywolf

It was probably explained in the pre-match but I wasn't listening (pug faced $$$$ fan) just why exactly are England wearing red shorts?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't realise they were playing until I accidentally switched over to it at half-time.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's why Jermaine Defoe is the absolute tits. One of the most underrated footballer's in living history. I've said for years, with his back to goal, he is one of the best strikers in the game at getting a shot away. His ratios speak for themselves!

D

Dewsburywolf

On the day Pompey (just about) go bust one of the many reasons for it scores for England

W

WasStefan

His shots are something special to be fair. When they're hit they stay hit 9/10 times

W

WasStefan

This is what England need to build on. Keep this blue print now. Young players and 433 formation.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The younger players play much better football than when the older players are in the squad

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was probably explained in the pre-match but I wasn't listening (pug faced $$$$ fan) just why exactly are England wearing red shorts?

I didn't listen either (am actually in Italy) - at a guess, I would say it was because Italy were technically the home side and they have white shorts on (the same as our home colour) which meant we probably had to change from white...

Or was your question, why red as opposed to blue ? in which case, I don't know!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I read on a Mackems Forum that they thought they could get Defoe for £5 million... They live in some sort of mental football universe.

They might.....but they'd make up the shortfall in his contracted salary over 3 or 4 years.
Depends if Spurs want rid of him really.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They might.....but they'd make up the shortfall in his contracted salary over 3 or 4 years.
Depends if Spurs want rid of him really.

He's the their only recognised striker at the moment so even if they signed one it would take a decent bid to pursuade them IMO.

D

Dewsburywolf

I didn't listen either (am actually in Italy) - at a guess, I would say it was because Italy were technically the home side and they have white shorts on (the same as our home colour) which meant we probably had to change from white...

Or was your question, why red as opposed to blue ? in which case, I don't know!

Yes it was but thanks anyway

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just watched the highlights cause I really couldn't be bothered with this game so didn't see the build up.
I presume it's because the shirts have no blue on them at all, just red.
We already have 2 shades of blue shorts for the away kit so wearing red and looking like Poland is no big deal.

I kind of liked it

Back
Top Bottom