Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England v USA

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was fascinated by the performances during the Euros...Was certainly not a fan at the start, but I believe they have shown professionalism that puts the boys to shame in terms of RESPECT and technically good. Hope Gareth is taking notes.

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Great to see the players showing unity over the abuse scandal in America...

Will be great to have a Wolves player in England at some point - Ex-Wolves Player Rachel Unit use to play for England of course...

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not convinced our penalty was a penalty, and not convinced the second USA goal was offside either?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not convinced our penalty was a penalty, and not convinced the second USA goal was offside either?
VAR in the women's game... Questionable offsides follow..... Surprise, surprise....

The only issue with the penalty was how low Bronze's head was. Certainly the US player's boot was high....

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I like the high American press. Wolves prob haven't got the legs to do something similar.

dgm6769

Reaction score
I'm finding it easier and so more enjoyable watching the women's team lately then the mens.
Just to many blonde ponytails running around especially during the euros in every game I've watched (women's team that is lol)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks a matter of time before the Yanks equalise.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They really couldn't. They may have the skills but not the necessary physique. They'd probably get injured almost immediately.
It's not all Terry Hurlock and Ben Thatcher now mate. Most of the men fall over when a gust of wind passes their face.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not all Terry Hurlock and Ben Thatcher now mate. Most of the men fall over when a gust of wind passes their face.
I know that things have changed but.... Look at how someone like Pod has regular injuries then look at his physique....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I forget sometimes that even the ‘small’ mens keepers are 6’1/6’2, seeing the women play makes you realise how big the goals actually are…
Yup. The days of mens keepers like Paul Cooper of Ipswich who was 5'8" are long since gone. For example Hennessy is something like 6'6".

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is bronze captain? That was smart by her to keep her teammates away from the ref. No need to get a booking for protesting too much

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laurie Sivell at Ipswich 5 8 and Dave Lawson at Everton 5 9. Campos of Mexico 5 6 was the shortest keeper I remember

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True enough. The improvement in standards in women's football over the last 5-10 years is remarkable.
I watched the Wolves Ladies play off final at the end of last season and I think they are in the third tier of woman’s football; the gap between the ladies internationals and the third tier of domestic competition is far greater than the gap in the mens world.
That is not a criticism, it’s just a reflection of the size and depth of the game. At international level it’s a very good watch.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Wolves Ladies play off final at the end of last season and I think they are in the third tier of woman’s football; the gap between the ladies internationals and the third tier of domestic competition is far higher than the gap in the mens world.
That is not a criticism, it’s just a reflection of the size and depth of the game. At international level it’s a very good watch.
I watched that too. Wolves women battled but were sadly outclassed. The massive difference between the men's and women's games is that in the latter professionalism generally doesn't go below the second tier.

Edited to add: l think that Southampton may have been one of the exceptions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I watched the Wolves Ladies play off final at the end of last season and I think they are in the third tier of woman’s football; the gap between the ladies internationals and the third tier of domestic competition is far greater than the gap in the mens world.

I can imagine. I havnt watched any of the wolves ladies but aren’t they one of the best teams at that level as well? Weren’t they extremely unlucky not to be promoted earlier due to covid?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beaten the world champions
23 games unbeaten

We are a little bit good methinks

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I can imagine. I havnt watched any of the wolves ladies but aren’t they one of the best teams at that level as well? Weren’t they extremely unlucky not to be promoted earlier due to covid?
Two seasons running

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched that too. Wolves women battled but were sadly outclassed. The massive difference between the men's and women's games is that in the latter professionalism generally doesn't go below the second tier.
Don’t think I have watched any other women’s games outside of the women’s internationals and the Wolves Ladies play off, but I can imagine.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beaten the world champions
23 games unbeaten

We are a little bit good methinks
The Yanks weren't at full strength but that result should have broken a psychological barrier. Until now England never looked like they actually truly believed that they could beat them.

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Need to remember that the England players are Full Time professionals but Wolves players (& coaching staff) all have day jobs (e.g. Macca the manager is in the RAF & Anna Price the Captain is a teacher).

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Black Country Derby on Wednesday (12th Oct) at Telford's New Bucks Head.... We beat that lot three times (out of three!) last season so should be a cracking game...

Back
Top Bottom