Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England Kit

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Being reported that US sports firm Nike (who I believe own Umbro) are to take over supplying the England kit from as early as next spring.

Somehow this feels wrong, aside from the Admiral years Umbro has a long association with our national side, and I love the emphasis on tradition.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Disappointing news in a number of ways. The current England kits are the best I have ever owned in terms of feel and quality.

Could be worse I guess...it could be Burrda.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news. Nike are just the best when it comes to sports stuff. Pretty much all the sports gear I own is Nike, although to be fair England shirts recently have been decent (this years home being an exception).

A

andyc225

How many times has the current England kit been worn? I think they're a waste of money.

W

WasStefan

Ashame really, the current England shirts are the best quality/nicest to wear that I can ever remember

Nike isn't a bad change though, I suppose they offered more ££ :D

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Umbro made massive losses last year, I think I read somewhere that Nike are trying to flog them. It seems they are also trying to take the big contracts away from Umbro at the same time, apparently Manchester City will be wearing Nike kits next year.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Never been a fan of Umbro's designs, always thought their designs are the most bland ever!

Their quality in recent years, however, has been exceptional.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
True that Nike are trying to off-load Umbro and they are looking to swallow up existing contracts - Man City one example.

IMO the one thing that is Umbro has got over Nike is that the shirts they produce for England have an individual style - at least they put some thought into it. All Nike international shirts are near identical cookie-cutter designs.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news. Nike are just the best when it comes to sports stuff. Pretty much all the sports gear I own is Nike, although to be fair England shirts recently have been decent (this years home being an exception).

I do quite a lot of training.Always use adidas climacool.Washes great.dries quick.Never had any problems.I bought one nike running top an it shrank first time i washed it.I bought some nike trainers and the soul came off after a week.The manager of the sports shop i use , said nike is bad quality , thet have lots of stuff brought back and customers complaining about the quality.

M

Mr Wolf

The England kits for the last 15 years or so have been the dogs so where all this Nike will better stuff has come from I can't just see it.

L

long ball man

I do quite a lot of training.Always use adidas climacool.Washes great.dries quick.Never had any problems.I bought one nike running top an it shrank first time i washed it.I bought some nike trainers and the soul came off after a week.The manager of the sports shop i use , said nike is bad quality , thet have lots of stuff brought back and customers complaining about the quality.

ahh...schoolboy error Historymakers.

You are confusing the average lager swilling overweight replica shirt wearer with someone who does sport. I also use Climacool though funnily enough Decathlon own brand 'Kalenji' does a better job than Nike at standing up to exercise.

Personally i wouldn't be seen dead in a any replica kit. I am a 42 yo bloke for pete's sake!

Last edited by a moderator:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's the end of individuality in an England kit then.
Just the same off the shelf template as brazil from now on

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Step forward. Although I prefer Adidas, anything is an improvement over Umbro.

306NOTOUT

Nike have offered to sell Umbro to kitbag but wanted stupid money for it especially with the loses they make.

C

cooper_J

You are confusing the average lager swilling overweight replica shirt wearer with someone who does sport. I also use Climacool though funnily enough Decathlon own brand 'Kalenji' does a better job than Nike at standing up to exercise.

Funny you should mention 'Kalenji', I was looking at some of that stuff earlier when I was looking to buy some new running gear but I was put off as it looked too cheap. Is it decent enough quality then?

Sorry for the OT post.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Umbro's designs, always thought their designs are the most bland ever!

Their quality in recent years, however, has been exceptional.

If you think Umbro is bland...well Nike, I got some news for you. :dong:

As a Yank, I think Nike is very hit or miss. When they hit, it's good. When they miss...well, look at the current US away kits. :dong:

I much prefer Adidas.

50pencehead

Soulful shoes - yeah baby

R

RichDavi

Whilst we're on the subject of kits I'd really like us to get UnderArmour for our supplier next year - this years Spurs kit is brilliant and I'm a big fan of the brand

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather us have Puma best looking kits around atm imo as for the England kits hopefully they are better than the tripe we've had for the last 3 years

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ahh...schoolboy error Historymakers.

Personally i wouldn't be seen dead in a any replica kit. I am a 42 yo bloke for pete's sake!

i used to use kalenji running socks the 800s .theyve changed the name this year, the quality of the socks arent as good as the 800s.overall though , good quality.

Back
Top Bottom