Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England FA Press Conference - 4pm

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Done Woy...

Common sense prevails. Thank god the ****er-nee wide boy got the cold shoulder.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will probably end in disaster and the press and the players will hound him out but either way on paper he is the best candidate it's just a shame the England players are to thick to see it.

A

andyc225

He could start by clearing out the old guard. Unfortunately that would annoy the shirt-buying gloryhunters.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As expectations will already be low, Woy i hope will blood the likes of Oxlade-Chaimberlaine (cue the Ox-blood headlines) and take a look outside the top 4, for players that fit a system rather than pick them on a perception of who the best 11 individuals are.

B

Bankswolf II

And now a new Dawn of England scape goat begins

Anyone who says 'Arry is the new Cloughie can go $$$$ themselves

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
This appointment makes me happy on so many levels.

Best of luck Roy.

S

SimplyTheWolves

You do realise that we could all be cheering on Albion players in the summer.
The mind boggles!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly excellent appointment.

The English Guus Hiddink - the perfect type of figure to manage internationally.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Very good appointment - although still surprising.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely the best appointment...but like many, I feel the press & players could hound him out.

Good luck Woy.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's more than a touch of irony in this for me.

I reckon one of the principal reasons the FA have bottled the Redknapp appointment is that they were worried about some of the potential 'skeletons in the cupboard' that the Press would have inevitably set about unearthing as soon as his 'star' started to wane, as they did with Venables.

Yet, in the short term, they have, by appointing Hodgson and ignoring 'the people's choice', given many of the influential London-based sports writers the metaphorical single finger salute.

In an instant, their poison pens have been turned in readiness towards Hodgson, purely because he's not Harry, andbefore he's even dirtied the door mat at Lancaster Gate.

So in trying to take the fuse out of one bomb the FA have inadvertently lit another.

Same old story. Tail wagging the dog.

I fear for the future of our national game. Seriously I do.

A

andyc225

David Bernstein has the same speech impediment as Woy. I heard someone chuckling in the background just a couple of seconds ago.

L

long ball man

Good appointment on so many levels.

Absolutely amazed how many respected journos (and no so respected ones) bought into the myth of 'Arry is the only man'.

Frankly it would have been embarrassing to have our country's football figurehead as a bloke who can't speak English...oh hang on.

S

singwolf_1

I think this will be a good appointment, and England are going to be surprisingly good.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in full agreement with you longballman.

Incidentally, where did this idea that 'Arry is the people's champion come from?

Nobody I've spoken to has supported him

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just listened to the press conference and the only problem I can see Hodgson having in this job is the London media/Redknapp obsession. .

Experience wise, he's obviously the best man for the job and personally, I hope the country and the players are 100% behind him. I imagine he'll be able to mould together a succesful team if given a fair chance, with players who maybe other managers wouldn't pick getting a chance.

T

TREASURE WOLF

good appointment, i just hope any player saying otherwise on $$$$ter rtc is put aside from england duties by the man in charge

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans are scum. I hope we win the Euros just to shut the $$$$$$s up.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of our "heroes" tweeted their support for Roy yet like they have already done for Harry?

I hate these stars more and more each day.

B

Bostin

I stopped giving a $$$$ about watching England play about 10 years ago

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sick of all the London media and idiot England players love affair with Arry.

L

long ball man

I stopped giving a $$$$ about watching England play about 10 years ago

I never have been particularly bothered to be honest.

I am a little intrigued how this is going to go though. Given this guy has never managed any of our 'superstars' (Gerrard briefly, aside) yet is very much an 'FA type' man in terms of being understated, diplomatic etc I think he probably has more scope than previous managers to select and pick teams by form rather than reputation.

I think the press are against him anyway so if I were him I'd be calling time on at least one of Terry, Gerrard or Lampard's international career.

L

long ball man

Incidentally, where did this idea that 'Arry is the people's champion come from?

I spend much of my working life inside the M25...that's your answer.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Wilshere tweeting away already

Not many have the experience that Roy Hodgson, proved he is a top manager at international level so don't see no reason why he can't do

For England....good choice in my opinion! Good luck and I hope I can help him in some way in the future! #3Lions #England

Future captain?

S

Shergar

Hodgson has just announced his starting 11:

Wobinson
Wichards
Tewwy
Wio
Bwidge
Gewward
Cawwick
Wodwell
Bawwy
Cawwoll
Wooney

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Good luck Roy. He will be a good ambassador for England and the FA.

Let's hope he clears out the generation that had so much promise, then hype, but ultimately many of which are better known for their off the field antics.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With no disrespect to 'Arry or Spurs, but I think Hodgson is more of a tactician and his job at WBA has been nothing short of phenomenal. Liverpool is a poisoned chalice anyway unless you're one of their own, Dalglish had a worse record than Hodgson after the same number of games and spent hundreds of millions in the process - £35m on Andy Carroll for god's sake and £20m (I think) on Henderson who rarely features or is at the very least not totally established in their first eleven, that's £55m gone to pot already without taking into account the fees of Suarez etc. What I like about Woy is that he will pick players on merit as opposed to just going for the same Tom, Dick and Harry - or at the very least he won't try and cram the 'big names' into the same bog standard formations which is what Sven, McClaren and even Capello to an extent have been guilty of. England are in a transition period now with the 'golden age' on their way out so it's time someone came in with the balls to drop them. Anyone who can get WBA to the top half of the table on their budget (which is just as unflexible as our own) has got to be a miracle worker.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Ok, so Harry may not have experience of managing at big international tournaments......or have previously managed clubs/countries in Europe and beyond...or have been a member of UEFA's elite coaching panel, thus making him a logical choice to help develop a long-term strategy and blueprint for the whole England set-up.

But he does give comedic soundbites to SSN with the windows of his car wound down. He must be the only man for the job...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, so Harry may not have experience of managing at big international tournaments......or have previously managed clubs/countries in Europe and beyond...or have been a member of UEFA's elite coaching panel, thus making him a logical choice to help develop a long-term strategy and blueprint for the whole England set-up.

But he does give comedic soundbites to SSN with the windows of his car wound down. He must be the only man for the job...

:D

What have the Romans ever done for us, eh!?

I just read this on the skysports web site from that lovable 'Merse':

"The whole country - and I mean the whole country - wanted Harry Redknapp. I'm even talking about Arsenal fans who don't normally have anything nice to say about a Tottenham manager."

It's lovely to see a completely unbiased opinion from a close friend of good old 'Arry.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hatch End

The London media as a whole wanted 'Arry.....Woy is going to get dog's abuse unless he wins every game for the next ten years.

W

wanderer24

I think it's a terrible appointment. He will crumble under the pressure of the job just as he did at Liverpool. I was particularly excited about Redknapp taking the job but he was the best of a bad English bunch.
I like Roy and he will attempt to bring about dignity and respect amongst the squad and I'm sure will create a good team atmosphere. However, when results don't go quite right and the media and fans start getting on his back, it's all going to go horribly wrong.

Just because one foreign manager made a mess of things we revert to type, cue the next McClaren, Keegan, Taylor. The England job needs a man of steel and im afraid Woy isn't that man.

Although on a lighter note, it's $$$$ed up Albion's development plan, but on the flip side they will probably steal our number one choice for manager.

H

Hatch End

Got to agree, the Boggies are now ( temporarily I hope ) a more desirable club to work for than Chumpionship bound Wolves.
And as has been said before, with the Vanilla in the market for a new manager as well, that will be two of our first choices gone.............that's if Morgan / Moxey are seriously in the market for a better class manager.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hodgson has just announced his starting 11:

Wobinson
Wichards
Tewwy
Wio
Bwidge
Gewward
Cawwick
Wodwell
Bawwy
Cawwoll
Wooney

You do make me $$$$ myself:D:D:D

D

Dewsburywolf

You do realise that we could all be cheering on Albion players in the summer.
The mind boggles!

Apart from Ben Foster who won't get in ahead of Joe Hart who else have they got with any chance of making the England squad?

S

SimplyTheWolves

Apart from Ben Foster who won't get in ahead of Joe Hart who else have they got with any chance of making the England squad?

Hopefully no one Dews. To be honest I don't think a better manager for the national team is out there at the moment. And with a bit of luck he may be able to get the team playing together as a team rather than individuals. Quite pleased about his appointment in all fairness, good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom