Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

End of an era?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Although some names, including Nuno, have been gone for a while, now it really feels like the end of an era. That Championship season and those first 2 years in the Premier League were magnificent and I will always love this manager and team and show my appreciation whenever they return to Molineux in whatever guise. Hopefully we have an even better future ahead of us with new special memories to make. However, this lot have given us some banging memories and some magical nights at Molineux, other Premier League grounds and Europe. They just kept coming and coming, and when you thought it could get better, another high would come along. My best time as a Wolves fan and I made sure that I reflected on it and realised it at the time. Thanks for the memories. If I had to pick one team that played together regularly and encapsulated all of this it would be:

Manager - Nuno

Patricio

Boly - Coady - Saiss

Doherty - Moutinho - Neves - Jonny

Adama - Raul - Jota

What a team in their in their pomp! Six now gone. Thanks lads.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although some names, including Nuno, have been gone for a while, now it really feels like the end of an era. That Championship season and those first 2 years in the Premier League were magnificent and I will always love this manager and team and show my appreciation whenever they return to Molineux in whatever guise. Hopefully we have an even better future ahead of us with new special memories to make. However, this lot have given us some banging memories and some magical nights at Molineux, other Premier League grounds and Europe. They just kept coming and coming, and when you thought it could get better, another high would come along. My best time as a Wolves fan and I made sure that I reflected on it and realised it at the time. Thanks for the memories. If I had to pick one team that played together regularly and encapsulated all of this it would be:

Manager - Nuno

Patricio

Boly - Coady - Saiss

Doherty - Moutinho - Neves - Jonny

Adama - Raul - Jota

What a team in their in their pomp! Six now gone. Thanks lads.
Talent aside.. it had something our current team lacks.. balance and people playing in their strongest positions.

I actually preferred our set up within Jota and Raul up top and 3 centre midfielders.. and the fullbacks playing fully as wingbacks. A 3-5-2 if you will.

Either way, that team knew and did their jobs well. I think our team is maybe more talented now, but quite clueless in comparison.

I would say that team beats our current team by a couple of goals.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Talent aside.. it had something our current team lacks.. balance and people playing in their strongest positions.

I actually preferred our set up within Jota and Raul up top and 3 centre midfielders.. and the fullbacks playing fully as wingbacks. A 3-5-2 if you will.

Either way, that team knew and did their jobs well. I think our team is maybe more talented now, but quite clueless in comparison.

Yes, fair point. Liked that formation too. We did switch it around a little based on the opposition.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can't keep up with all these goings on.

I just pray that Neves, Neto and Adama havn't left us by the end of the day.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I also much preferred the 3-5-2 with Raul and Diogo up top together.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One team could score goals, the other can't

One team could hang on to a lead and manage the game (excepting one key match). The other can't.

One team looked like it was itching to get out onto the pitch and play football. The other doesn't.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno's team for those first two years had something money can't buy - character.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That team also had a season to gel and build confidence in the Championship.

If it's the end of an era, you've gotta be patient at the start of the next, wait for partnerships to develop.

A lot of our success came from Jota & Jimenez then Traore & Jiminez partnerships

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it's the end of the world now they've gone, **** sake cheer up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That team also had a season to gel and build confidence in the Championship.

If it's the end of an era, you've gotta be patient at the start of the next, wait for partnerships to develop.

A lot of our success came from Jota & Jimenez then Traore & Jiminez partnerships
If they don't gel in time and don't make Europe this season I think you can say goodbye to Neves and Neto and possibly Nunes.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
it's the end of the world now they've gone, **** sake cheer up.
No one is saying it's the end of the world grumpy pants. Just noticing the end of an era with so many of our original Premier League players going, and reflecting with gratitude and thanks on the good times that team and management brought. So far, my best Wolves memories in 4 decades of support are through that period. Hopefully there are good times ahead, even better times. We can hope.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first 3 seasons we were arguably the most well drilled team in the country.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they don't gel in time and don't make Europe this season I think you can say goodbye to Neves and Neto and possibly Nunes.

I imagine Neves is off either way, we haven't seen that contract renewal.
Champions league is always going to be above us and I don't think Europa league has much sway vs playing in the Premier league.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I still think it’s absolutely insane we sacked Nuno, irrespective of that covid season, and nothing will ever, ever,convince me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom