Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

EFL and Georgaphy

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Not by much I know but Wolverhampton is North of both West Bromwich and Aston, and yet we are in the Southern region of whatever the league cup is called these days and both Albion and villa are in the Northern section.
Someone needs an atlas for xmas!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Love how on one of the Wolves Facebook groups a member shared screenshots to the email he sent to The FA and had a rant about their auto reply!

I of course pointed out it was a Football League competition.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Explained previously!

The teams are seeded according to league position. Villa and Abion were seeds. The 13 northern most seeded teams were then selected (including Villa and Albion) and the 13 northern non-seeded teams, which didn't include us.

I think the team with a gripe is Burton Albion who lost their 'northern' allocation on the basis on Newport County being put in the northern non-seeds for reasons I can't be bothered to explain!

If they want it to really work they need 3 regions IMO.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both Newport & West Ham had requested not to play at home. EFL agreed to both so therefore they couldn't be in the same side of the draw in case they got drawn against eachother

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS people still not getting it.

It's not like we have seeded cup competitions every single year.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate the fact there could be a Midlands section, you know the big **** off bit in the middle, home to around 8-9 million people!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't geographically split last year, and we got Newcastle, so we've saved 100 round miles with Southampton this year. People still moaning :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4382

I hate the fact there could be a Midlands section, you know the big **** off bit in the middle, home to around 8-9 million people!
If there was a midlands section... who would be seeded? All Midlands teams are ****e at the moment (just give us a couple of years, 'though!!!!!!!)

T

turner845

It wasn't geographically split last year, and we got Newcastle, so we've saved 100 round miles with Southampton this year. People still moaning :rolleyes:
We actually played Newcastle in the 3rd round last season and i assume that the 3rd round this season won't be regionalised but your point still stands. If we had been in the northern section instead of the southern we could have drawn any of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough away as all 3 are seeded, and all three are further from Wolverhampton than Southampton is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We actually played Newcastle in the 3rd round last season and i assume that the 3rd round this season won't be regionalised but your point still stands. If we had been in the northern section instead of the southern we could have drawn any of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough away as all 3 are seeded, and all three are further from Wolverhampton than Southampton is.

True, but we could have got Albion, Villa, Stoke, Derby or Leicester, being in the southern section meant the closest game possible was Reading (subject to a 3 page AA route planner analysis).

S

ShropshireLad

If they could only manage to get the draw right by picking the first ball out of the hat for a "home" team and then the next for the "away" team and so on then there'd be no confusion. You'd think that should be easy enough, wouldn't you. :cool:

That's two consecutive draws they've "ballsed" up.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom