Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

EEL to Sheff United

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets the chance to be sent off against chesterfield again.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if he does go there I hope he does really well, does him no good getting the odd game here

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to the lad. Any idea if it is with a view to a perm or just a short term fitness/experience loan?

T

toytown wolf

I doubt he has any future with us. I wish him good luck at the Blades and I hope he gets to play regularly, earning a move, but I can't see him playing for us again, apart from mickey mouse games like last night.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for all parties . I dont see him having a long term future at Wolves but I wish him well there .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not hopeless. Has always done a steady job for us when called upon imo.

Good move for him. Good luck Ethan.

By steady you mean, repeatedly making mistakes?

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always remember his strike against Leyton Orient back in league 1

Great move for the lad

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right thing for him. He has the physical attributes to be a good centre half, just makes too many mistakes and seems a bit clumsy. The best way for him to iron those mistakes out of his game is to play regularly.

Not sure he will make it at the top level, but has the potential to at least be a good Championship centre back. We have a history of letting younger players go and then they surpass us. A loan deal to see if he improves over the next year seems a good option. If we get promoted or he doesn't quite make the standard, I'm sure we will have no problem moving him on.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good - need Henry and Byrne out too. No interest in Edwards or Saville? I will say no more.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sensible move for all involved. He should do well at L1 level.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jackett to be there manager by november. He did say he wants to make him one of the best defenders in the league. Never said what league

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jackett to be there manager by november. He did say he wants to make him one of the best defenders in the league. Never said what league
Did call the Jackett to SheffU a while ago if they didn't start well. He should be able to sort them out, there's clearly something wrong behind the scenes at that club though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're already bottom of the league aren't they? Jesus wept, he's not what they need.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good - need Henry and Byrne out too. No interest in Edwards or Saville? I will say no more.
Perhaps Edwards and Saville are not for sale.

I tell you what though, I haven't seen any interest in Neymar this summer. He must also not be good enough at Barca.
I would think Goldeneyed is nearer the mark here and would suggest Edwards and Saville would not be missed . Neither would command a large fee .

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a few have forgotten the awful challenge that broke his leg at Tranmere , this has set him back quite a bit and I think he has struggled to regain complete fitness

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would think Goldeneyed is nearer the mark here and would suggest Edwards and Saville would not be missed . Neither would command a large fee .

Whether they would or wouldn't be missed and whether they would command a large fee isn't the point.

The implied argument from Goldeneyed is that a player is rubbish because there is no transfer interest, regardless of whether the club has shown any intent to sell.

I have just pointed out that, that argument is flawed. Probably not worth a response, but I love humouring foolishness.

T

toytown wolf

We have a history of letting younger players go and then they surpass us

I REALLY don't see this as at all likely. I don't want to disparage the guy but I think playing for us will be his career high point. He's big and strong enough to have a successful career in League 1 or the bottom of the Championship, but we're moving on to better players, and, hopefully, the Premier League.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By steady you mean, repeatedly making mistakes?

He's always done a decent job filling in for us. Yes he's made mistakes (as have most of our players) and he's not good enough to be a regular in the Championship but he's never let us down when needed.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we have a clause, 'no consequential damages', in case he breaks somebody's leg during a 2 footed studs up slide.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt like EEL but I will say that at the mid point of last season when playing alongside danny batth he was the better centre half

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I REALLY don't see this as at all likely. I don't want to disparage the guy but I think playing for us will be his career high point. He's big and strong enough to have a successful career in League 1 or the bottom of the Championship, but we're moving on to better players, and, hopefully, the Premier League.

I did say that I don't think we will make it any higher than being a good Championship player.

Keep cropping quotes to take them out of context though. Makes you look really good. :)

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand and totally get your post Goldeneyed . I agree that neither will attract any bids whether they are for sale or not and that this is an indication of their ability .

B

Berrysafroregrown

[QUOTE="goldeneyed. ......... No interest in Edwards or Saville? I will say no more.[/QUOTE]

The depressing thing is that you will. Frequently.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs a sustained run somewhere and he's not going to get it here, he's what 23 years old? Less than 80/90 games? Would have preferred if he could go on loan to another Champ club but can't be too fussy in the circumstances. Send him out, assess him when he's back.

D

Deleted member 4456

A lower Championship loan would've been better but beggars can't be choosers and whatnot.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right thing for him. He has the physical attributes to be a good centre half, just makes too many mistakes and seems a bit clumsy. The best way for him to iron those mistakes out of his game is to play regularly.

Not sure he will make it at the top level, but has the potential to at least be a good Championship centre back. We have a history of letting younger players go and then they surpass us. A loan deal to see if he improves over the next year seems a good option. If we get promoted or he doesn't quite make the standard, I'm sure we will have no problem moving him on.

At last a voice of common sense! We do not want to add EEL to the list of younger players we have prematurely let go only to do well after.
A loan deal makes the most sense for the next year at least....

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him, good move. Hopefully this is the one in, one out scenario in terms of defensive signings.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with you he needs game time since being breaking in to the first team he hasn't had a great deal of It, He's got some good attributes potentially he could be a decent center back at this level.

B

Berrysafroregrown

[QUOTE="Rednal Wolf,I understand and totally get your post Goldeneyed . I agree that neither will attract any bids whether they are for sale or not and that this is an indication of their ability .[/QUOTE]

Neither have there been any bids for Cech, Cazorla, Bellerin, Hazard, Aguero, De Gea, Drinkwater, Courtois, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo.........this also would be an indication of their ability( or, rather, lack of) Right?
Some posters allow their deep-seated prejudices to over-rule their ability to understand that using the standard " has anyone tried to buy this player, if not, he must be rubbish " is illogical in the extreme.
At transfer times,clubs circulate a list of players either for sale, possibly considered for sale and available for loan. You think Stevenage just contacted Wolves on the off-chance that Conor Hunte might be available or Sheffield United did the same for Ebanks-Landell? This list sends a message to other clubs that anyone not on the list is not going to be transferred unless a very silly offer is made.
Yet, the mantra of " has anyone tried......." Is often seen on here. It echoes the flock of sheep in "Animal Farm" whose endless bleating tries to impose the ideas of a few on everyone else.
Have you got the " Jack Price good! Edwards bad! Jack Price good! Saville bad! " bleat perfected yet?

Back
Top Bottom