Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Edwards

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ, do not drop him again please. The best we have for that role by far. Fantastic today imo

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange he was dropped in the first place.

R

reanswolf

Great header, has done this repeatedly now. But he does blow so hot and cold.

J

johnybig32

He still can be so poor when on the ball though.

Can't take anything Away from his closing down and heading ability.

Exploits the space Dicko creates excellently.

D

Dewsburywolf

So every manager we've had since Mick signed him were right all along. Definitely our most Marmite player of the past couple of decades. Thankfully I like Marmite

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key to his form is he has stayed fit and is being played in his best position.
I never want to see him on the wing or in central midfield again, though!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He still can be so poor when on the ball though.

Can't take anything Away from his closing down and heading ability.

Exploits the space Dicko creates excellently.

If he was better on the ball he wouldnt be with us. He's our much poorer frank lampard type midfielder :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that Rowe looked good. We seem to have plenty of options in central midfield now, which is great news!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Good game from Dangerous.

His energy and persistence paid off for us quite a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish we didn't play Macca abd Rowe/evans so deep as edwards is then coming deeper more often and then not able to support Dicko and be in the box as often where he's dangerous breaking In with his runs.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well again today, I'd like to see Jacobs in this role but as he continues to be ignored Edwards has been much more effective than anyone else given game time there.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Edwards. Some aspects of his game you can't ask for any more. But he in massively flawed is many others.

He lead by example today. But I'd rather see my attacking midfielder being more Sako like then winning the ball back.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was everywhere and he never allows players to settle on the ball.He and Dicko simply have to start as they press for us higher up the pitch .

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Has been consistently good throughout 2014 and we are a far more effective side with him in the team.

If only he, Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were English...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opportunity to take on a player and shoot second half but did a nothing pass to dicko instead as not capable himself.

Class header though

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opportunity to take on a player and shoot second half but did a nothing pass to dicko instead as not capable himself.

Class header though

It wasn't that poor a pass, better than shooting miles over like others did!!

Bet his pass success rate was better than maccas today!!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good today, end of. Funny how some still damn him with faint praise, I suppose it's not easy to admit being wrong yet RVLP gets virtually no comment for what was, again, a mediocre at best performance.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we went down to Div 1, I thought he was finished. 18 months later and he is now a cornerstone of this team. I admit I was wrong. Stearman on the other hand...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your the one constantly saying he should be dropped for Jacobs.

I really rate Jacobs but Edwards has done well. I am allowed to change my opinion, you know and hold my hands up when I am wrong, as I have done in the past!
I still feel Jacobs is the better long term option but fair play to Edwards.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just wish we didn't play Macca abd Rowe/evans so deep as edwards is then coming deeper more often and then not able to support Dicko and be in the box as often where he's dangerous breaking In with his runs.

Couldn't agree with you more Ashley. Its incredibly annoying that Rowe and KMAC sit on the toes of the central defence. I love our new possession based game however i find it incredibly frustrating that the ball was continually passed 4-5 yards without the guy laying the ball off moving an inch. This then meant that a single Wigan player could effectively trouble two Wolves players without much difficulty more often then not resulting into a long ball up front to Dicko. Dicko I must praise for his hold up play today. In general i don't think he is as good with his back to goal as he is running onto the ball. However today he was fantastic. For me we need two Dave Edwards in the team, his movement creates space for Dicko and the wide guys to run into. Whilst also providing an outlet for the sitting midfield players.

Hopefully we are just going through our blip of the season and we will go again.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more Ashley. Its incredibly annoying that Rowe and KMAC sit on the toes of the central defence. I love our new possession based game however i find it incredibly frustrating that the ball was continually passed 4-5 yards without the guy laying the ball off moving an inch. This then meant that a single Wigan player could effectively trouble two Wolves players without much difficulty more often then not resulting into a long ball up front to Dicko. Dicko I must praise for his hold up play today. In general i don't think he is as good with his back to goal as he is running onto the ball. However today he was fantastic. For me we need two Dave Edwards in the team, his movement creates space for Dicko and the wide guys to run into. Whilst also providing an outlet for the sitting midfield players.

Hopefully we are just going through our blip of the season and we will go again.

I disagree with you both. Edwards doesn't come deep enough IMO. 9/10 times he is looking for the forward ball instead of coming deep and connecting the play.

Him and Dicko both try the same runs and a massive space is created in the middle of the pitch with nonprofit our players which means we go out wide, punt it long or pass it back.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

The point being made here is very important.

The defence is not as comfortable as desired for 'passing football from the back through midfield'.

Big Mac is being asked to come back into defensive areas just to instigate the play, but in doing so he gives up his territory in the centre which then impacts on our own ability to dictate proceedings in the middle of the park....this then naturally impacts further up the field.

If you observe the Super Swans you notice they do not do this, they rely on the defenders being able to play the ball into midfield and the midfield to offer options through movement to enable quick transition from back to front.......the key is always about skill and execution.

It isn't going to be right until we replace or develop our CDs further.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
To be fair I think this is why we miss(ed) Evans in a deeper role - even when alongside Kmac he does at least occasionally join the attacks as well.

Rowe as his replacement could have done this but since it was his first 90 mins hopefully it will come with a few more games under his belt.

Back
Top Bottom