Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Easiest run-in

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just what football needs, more stats.

You know that scene in Armageddon when Bruce Willis' character is having ago at NASA saying 'You're the guys that're thinking **** up! I'm sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking **** up and somebody backing them up!'

I feel like there's a room somewhere with people just thinking up new stats for football.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well its been obvious for months that on paper we have a very easy run in,but matches arent played on paper otherwise we would all have won the pools every week

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know that scene in Armageddon when Bruce Willis' character is having ago at NASA saying 'You're the guys that're thinking **** up! I'm sure you got a team of men sitting around somewhere right now just thinking **** up and somebody backing them up!'

I feel like there's a room somewhere with people just thinking up new stats for football.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Harry Stamper.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After our less than stellar performance against Chorley, I take no games for granted.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our run of fixtures are very favorable which does put into context our current position to an extent

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to another top half finish. Long live Nuno.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't really take into account the usual up turn in form for teams fighting relegation at the end of a season

exactly, how many teams will have anything to play for, including us. A place payment boost maybe?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we do well against the so called easier teams don’t we.... lose to West Ham and Fulham we are in trouble all of a sudden......

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

XG FTW

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 'we don't well against easier teams' is a myth I believe. I haven't got the stats but I imagine the % of our points from lower half teams isn't anything unusual from the past 2 seasons.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 'we don't well against easier teams' is a myth I believe. I haven't got the stats but I imagine the % of our points from lower half teams isn't anything unusual from the past 2 seasons.
Last season we did particularly well against the lower half

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you can't score goals it doesn't matter who you are playing. Raul might be back for the last couple of games but until then apart from Neto we are firing blanks if we are relying on Jose/Silva/Traore to provide goals.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the same last season. We had mathematically the easiest run in after lockdown, based on level of opponents. The thing that needs to be factored in is what opponents have to play for, though. You're best bet is to be playing safe mid table teams in your last few matches. Remember Everton at home last season? :D The relegation scrappers will make life hard, as will those desperate for points to get into Europa/Champions League.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll get about 15 points..... where will that leave us??

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just glad we saved our easy games for when we have nothing left to play for.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just glad we saved our easy games for when we have nothing left to play for.
Id like another 5 points on the board before we have nothing to play for,but yeah realistically we should be looking at 50 points by season end,and around 10th,11th spot, whether we do that remains to be seen

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id like another 5 points on the board before we have nothing to play for,but yeah realistically we should be looking at 50 points by season end,and around 10th,11th spot, whether we do that remains to be seen
53 points first season, 54 last season so if we could get over 50 again in what some think has been a disastrous season, id be happy with that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
53 points first season, 54 last season so if we could get over 50 again in what some think has been a disastrous season, id be happy with that.
Wasnt it 57 and 59 points first two seasons?
Anyway still a decent season if we get around 50 all things considered

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt it 57 and 59 points first two seasons?
Anyway still a decent season if we get around 50 all things considered
Sorry you were right. I know I use 50 points as the benchmark because all the years Tesco Town were the self appointed best team in the midlands with their 8 season in a row in the EPL, they never got 50 points.

Back
Top Bottom