Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Early bird

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when our DD payments start going out again? ....and what do we expect ST prices to be when published ? another 5%
Thought this may have been discussed at the FP
Our friends down the road have frozen their's for the 3rd year in a row , when they go up , Brummie Roaders will be paying £349

W

WasStefan

Albion coming up and paying a lot less is justified clearly but a tough one for the club. Some will chuck this at them like no tomorrow.

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
They should freeze price but they wont, the 5% increase doesnt get us a brand new £20 mill player or pays a new players wages for the year as some people like to think it does.

Bet fosun hardly notice the profit but it makes big difference to all STH especially those with a family.

Waits for the whole FFP thrown at me but like I said its not even a sand grain in the ocean for Fosun.

Ps comparing prices to Albion is bit stupid, can hardly compare clubs atm

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Stafford we have 2 cinemas, tho old dowdy one (smelling faintly of ****) charges a fiver, the other one (a better experince all round) charges twice that.
Not a great comparison though. You could still see the same film in both buildings despite the differing surroundings. The quality of the product seen at Molineux and the Peepoorthorns is completely different...

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, we'll watch Wolves 19 times and they'll only watch us once. Which actually strengthens your argument...
Being a pedant l would add 'at home' somewhere in your first sentence...

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should freeze price but they wont, the 5% increase doesnt get us a brand new £20 mill player or pays a new players wages for the year as some people like to think it does.

Bet fosun hardly notice the profit but it makes big difference to all STH especially those with a family.

Waits for the whole FFP thrown at me but like I said its not even a sand grain in the ocean for Fosun.

Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves...... I’m afraid no-one can really argue with Fosun financial management after this week’s results

I too am concerned that a percentage of lower income fans may be lost; just hoping there’s some way - maybe in an expanded stadium - that blue collar fans can be safeguarded. Otherwise the atmosphere and character of a club suffers

It’s a conundrum

D

Deleted member 3545

More than expect ST to go up nature of the beast. The more popular and successful wolves become the more fans will have to pay. The club knows that there will always someone willing fill the seats

S

ShropshireLad

But both sets of fans will watch the same 19 teams at home

Just because it’s cheaper on the NHS would you choose to experience many more root canal treatments there instead of a floss and polish at the Mol for paying a little bit more?

Last edited by a moderator:

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
But would you choose to experience many more root canal treatments there instead of a floss and polish at the Mol just because it’s cheaper on the NHS?

Understand your point, Fosun obviously see it the same way.

But I dont think thats a reason to rinse fans of money because they know we would still pay it.

Where do we draw the line with price increase? If they increased 50% this season, the ST would STILL sell out, is that ok because we're watching best team in years etc?

At some point they and other clubs HAVE to start putting the fans first, or else as someone said above, the life and soul of club will slowly start to diminish, imo I think we're already starting to see that with Wolves/at Molineux anyway.

Just dont think they should increase just because they can

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point taken above regarding increases...be interesting to know at what point a run of the mill fan , like me, says enough is enough
For instance ..... I would say I'm out at £750 in South Bank.... but others would take my seat...... but would they , say at £1000 ??

D

Deleted member 4023

In Stafford we have 2 cinemas, tho old dowdy one (smelling faintly of ****) charges a fiver, the other one (a better experince all round) charges twice that.

Thought you"d stopped going to the cheap cinema?? :D

S

ShropshireLad

Understand your point, Fosun obviously see it the same way.

But I dont think thats a reason to rinse fans of money because they know we would still pay it.

Where do we draw the line with price increase? If they increased 50% this season, the ST would STILL sell out, is that ok because we're watching best team in years etc?

At some point they and other clubs HAVE to start putting the fans first, or else as someone said above, the life and soul of club will slowly start to diminish, imo I think we're already starting to see that with Wolves/at Molineux anyway.

Just dont think they should increase just because they can
I agree with you entirely. I guess a small increase would be acceptable but there’s no reason to suppose that they will raise the cost of it. However, Fosun (Gui) has made it clear that we must be self-financing and we are in amongst the big boys pushing to climb further. It’s no good fans crying out for big signings without accepting that it has to be paid for somehow. Those are the facts of the matter, Sally.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves...... I’m afraid no-one can really argue with Fosun financial management after this week’s results

I too am concerned that a percentage of lower income fans may be lost; just hoping there’s some way - maybe in an expanded stadium - that blue collar fans can be safeguarded. Otherwise the atmosphere and character of a club suffers

It’s a conundrum
Surely I can argue after a 10 million pound operating profit that there’s no need for my ST (which has already gone up over 50% over 2 years) to go up again this summer?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree with you entirely. I guess a small increase would be acceptable but there’s no reason to suppose that they will raise the cost of it. However, Fosun (Gui) has made it clear that we must be self-financing and we are in amongst the big boys pushing to climb further. It’s no good fans crying out for big signings without accepting that it has to be paid for somehow. Those are the facts of the matter, Sally.

Thats exactly the problem "big signings gotta be paid for" is the wrong attitude what clubs have got certain people/fans believing.

£50 increase average over 20k STH is extra 1 mill for club.

What big signing is that getting? Does it really help with?

That £50 increase each for loyal family of 4 who've been going since league 1 makes huge difference, 1 million to Fosun is nothing.

D

Deleted member 3545

Point taken above regarding increases...be interesting to know at what point a run of the mill fan , like me, says enough is enough
For instance ..... I would say I'm out at £750 in South Bank.... but others would take my seat...... but would they , say at £1000 ??
this may be already happening to some fans, no matter what the price is its going to out price some over others

S

ShropshireLad

Looking at the Wolves are cheap compared to many other clubs. the board will realise this and will make moves to close the gap, especially while wolves are in the premier league and pushing for champions league. Wolves most expensive is a 3rd than Arsenals most expensive
Spurs and Arsenal offer a lot, lot more for the most expensive, though - free food and drinks etc.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
there's no point moaning if the price goes up , if you don't want to pay it - don't

there's 10 000 people on a waiting list who will pay it.

they could put another £100 on last years price for all i care, i'll never stop going and it's never been so good.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the accounts gate receipts total 11mil, around 6% of total turnover. Commercial/sponsorship and advertising now bring in 25mil, broadcasting 18 mil and the Prem 114 mil. Not too sure what this says but Fosun could see it one of 2 ways - time to get more gate money in or it's relatively small beer so don't hit the loyal supporters too hard? I bet it's the former!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've been thinking this. With what I paid to renew mine in the Steve Bull, plus the additional Europa its definitley hitting the pocket more. I've thought about where I would need to draw the line and atm I've got it between £800-£1000, depending on income.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been thinking this. With what I paid to renew mine in the Steve Bull, plus the additional Europa its definitley hitting the pocket more. I've thought about where I would need to draw the line and atm I've got it between £800-£1000, depending on income.
Please press delete, if Jeff sees this?????

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
there's no point moaning if the price goes up , if you don't want to pay it - don't

there's 10 000 people on a waiting list who will pay it.

they could put another £100 on last years price for all i care, i'll never stop going and it's never been so good.

Lets just charge loyal fans whove been going how many years whatever we want because there's some bandwagon jumpers of last 3 years who will pay whatever we want.

Baffling.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when our DD payments start going out again? ....and what do we expect ST prices to be when published ? another 5%
Thought this may have been discussed at the FP
Our friends down the road have frozen their's for the 3rd year in a row , when they go up , Brummie Roaders will be paying £349
To watch relegation fodder week in week out. Ain't that much of a good deal. Plus they ain't up yet...... Choke and end up losing in playoffs..... Still a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom