Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Early Bird Season Tickets & Kids Renewals

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Like many others, this season was the first time I've had a season ticket in quite a few years. Mainly due to the £1 a game season ticket offer for the kids as I could get my lad interested.

I'll be renewing for next season but just wondered when is it they announce the early bird prices and also what's the chances of them keeping the kids prices the same? As it's looking more likely we'll be in the Prem I'm guessing the cheap kids tickets will go?

wolvesandbooze

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like many others, this season was the first time I've had a season ticket in quite a few years. Mainly due to the £1 a game season ticket offer for the kids as I could get my lad interested.

I'll be renewing for next season but just wondered when is it they announce the early bird prices and also what's the chances of them keeping the kids prices the same? As it's looking more likely we'll be in the Prem I'm guessing the cheap kids tickets will go?
Not quite sure but the direct debit payments start in March so I would think fairly soon. I don't think there will be an increase. Hopefully not any way.

W

wolvesultra

Hopefully the new regime don't go down the old Moxey route of ripping fans off left right and centre as soon as we get to the Prem. With the massive TV money they could easily afford not to.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chinese people are very family conscious, I would think prices will remain constant and wouldn't be surprised at some sort of loyalty plan for ST holders

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for no increase in the prices if we get into the premiership based on the fact there will only be 19 home league games and not 23 as in the championship
Therefore the net result is an increase cost per game which is fair enough for being in the premiership

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In Laurie's programme notes for the Newcastle game on 11 Feb 17 he wrote: "It is now almost two weeks since we announced our new "Raised By Wolves" ticketing campaign." That suggests the prices for 2018/19 will be announced very shortly if the same timescale is followed this time round. He also wrote: "We have a responsibility to start developing the fans of tomorrow" before outlining the ticketing initiatives aimed at encouraging younger supporters. After laying such emphasis on the importance of younger fans, it would be difficult for him to backtrack too drastically without losing credibility. I would be surprised if the £23 season ticket for Under-12s is increased but it could be withdrawn for certain areas of the ground, especially the South Bank where LD might feel the absence of really young kids might add to the vocal support and also increase ticketing income.

D

Deleted member 6526

After laying such emphasis on the importance of younger fans, it would be difficult for him to backtrack too drastically without losing credibility. I would be surprised if the £23 season ticket for Under-12s is increased but it could be withdrawn for certain areas of the ground, especially the South Bank where LD might feel the absence of really young kids might add to the vocal support and also increase ticketing income.

I have read other members being a bit concerned that the cheap kids season tickets have caused a few empty seats caused by parents just buying one because they were so cheap, no doubt they will be able to see if the kids did actually attend the games or the seat just sat empty for half the games. Personally I have seen loads of kids there this season so I doubt many kids didn't go to matches at all and this is just posters bitching that they can no longer get in the South Bank. U12s is £5 a game, £5 x 19 home prem games = £95. Keeping in mind if the seat had an adult bum on it then it would be worth closer to £500. I think it would be nice if they kept up the £23 season ticket, but in reality it is a bit much to ask them to sell a seat that is worth £500 for £23 so my guess is that it will be closer to the £75 which would mean 4 free games. Who knows, maybe £23, maybe £75, maybe in the middle somewhere?

M

Mr Wolf

If they raise prices then they really haven’t learned anything at all. As said we’re getting 4 less games anyway for our Pound, generally less goals/points & worse kick off times. Plus fake streams will be readily available so keep the ground full. Be nice if they knocked the £50 off what with all the money coming into that league.

This decision should take about 2 mins to make, the rest of the meetings should be on things like ST ticket swap when you can’t attend, contactless payments, separate beer & food kiosks etc.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Season Tickets should be lots cheaper if we go up IMO, with the extra TV money they won’t be relying on gate receipts in the slightest.

It’s something virtually all premier clubs need to address IMO.

Huddersfield are £250 for all adults which deserves huge credit to their owner.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully the new regime don't go down the old Moxey route of ripping fans off left right and centre as soon as we get to the Prem. With the massive TV money they could easily afford not to.
If I remember correctly (and I'll stand to be corrected) but didn't Moxey put the prices on the food and drink too?
How can that possibly follow? There's an argument for the Premier football product prices being increased, but the crusty old pies, Carling Lager and plastic burgers...did they change?

Again I apologise if I've imagined all this, as it could just be a bad nightmare festered by disdain- Moxey had that effect on me!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season Tickets should be lots cheaper if we go up IMO, with the extra TV money they won’t be relying on gate receipts in the slightest.

It’s something virtually all premier clubs need to address IMO.

Huddersfield are £250 for all adults which deserves huge credit to their owner.
There's also an argument to say that numbers of season tickets should be restricted.

If you sell 28k season tickets then that's 28k people going into the ground match upon match.

We've got a far bigger fan base than 28k and it is far better to keep around a quarter of the ground "up for grabs" so that the fan base can attend at least a few games in the season. Otherwise they become armchair fans and then when the ground is expanded...........

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd , since the bull **** has been removed our fan base is growing like mushrooms.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Laurie's programme notes for the Newcastle game on 11 Feb 17 he wrote: "It is now almost two weeks since we announced our new "Raised By Wolves" ticketing campaign." That suggests the prices for 2018/19 will be announced very shortly if the same timescale is followed this time round. He also wrote: "We have a responsibility to start developing the fans of tomorrow" before outlining the ticketing initiatives aimed at encouraging younger supporters. After laying such emphasis on the importance of younger fans, it would be difficult for him to backtrack too drastically without losing credibility. I would be surprised if the £23 season ticket for Under-12s is increased but it could be withdrawn for certain areas of the ground, especially the South Bank where LD might feel the absence of really young kids might add to the vocal support and also increase ticketing income.
I’d certainly hope that’s not the case , I wouldn’t fancy me and my two lads being kicked out the south bank ...

M

Mr Wolf

There's also an argument to say that numbers of season tickets should be restricted.

If you sell 28k season tickets then that's 28k people going into the ground match upon match.

We've got a far bigger fan base than 28k and it is far better to keep around a quarter of the ground "up for grabs" so that the fan base can attend at least a few games in the season. Otherwise they become armchair fans and then when the ground is expanded...........
They are limited to 22k aren’t they?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a half season ticket holder, I'd like to see those that purchased in last years early bird rewarded somehow, they took that plunge and a free shirt or a promise of the same price next season would be a great gesture to them

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a half season ticket holder, I'd like to see those that purchased in last years early bird rewarded somehow, they took that plunge and a free shirt or a promise of the same price next season would be a great gesture to them

Aaaah thanks Maws! how about poor sods like me and my crowd who have had season tickets > 25 years? I always thought Moxey took the long term season ticket holders for granted; I think a loyalty discount system (on a sliding scale) should have been adopted at some point with season tickets

loopy lupine

Reaction score

How do teams like Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc work then? They have waiting lists for their season tickets, so selling out doesn't really seem to affect them.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do teams like Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc work then? They have waiting lists for their season tickets, so selling out doesn't really seem to affect them.
100% ground capacity of season tickets?
So no one other than those people can ever get to a game? I doubt it that's what they do

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaaah thanks Maws! how about poor sods like me and my crowd who have had season tickets > 25 years? I always thought Moxey took the long term season ticket holders for granted; I think a loyalty discount system (on a sliding scale) should have been adopted at some point with season tickets
Nope after 25 years you should know better :D

loopy lupine

Reaction score
100% ground capacity of season tickets?
So no one other than those people can ever get to a game? I doubt it that's what they do

No, like others have said there is a cap on ST, but rarely do tickets go on "general sale" at these grounds, various member schemes and tiers exist, so the average armchair fan as you put it doesn't get a look in either.

Generate the buzz and excitement by building a team and you'll always be able to sell out.

M

Mr Wolf

Are they?
I’m sure we have an upper ceiling, it will have to be at least 15% less due to the cup allocation we would have to give out.

I think last time we got promoted the limit was about 5/6k short to allow for casual fans.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't our capacity going to be 21k next season?

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, like others have said there is a cap on ST, but rarely do tickets go on "general sale" at these grounds, various member schemes and tiers exist, so the average armchair fan as you put it doesn't get a look in either.

Generate the buzz and excitement by building a team and you'll always be able to sell out.
Yes, you have to put a cap on season tickets. It's a bad long term strategy not to, as it hinders growth and income

W

wolvesultra

Man United have 55000 season ticket holders with a capacity of 76000.

Liverpool and Chelsea have 25000 a piece.

Which current Premier League club sold the most 2016/17 season tickets? All 20 revealed and ranked

Those figures seem low, mind you at those type of levels theres **** loads of tickets kept a side for semi corporate / day trip / travel packages like the ones Liverpool offer through Thomas Cook.

Now I'm a 1 in 2 game attendee but if I'm not going to be getting in I'd much prefer it to be cuz they've filled the ground with season tickets than that type of ****.

So I guess what I'm saying is yes in my view seaon tickets should be capped to allow people to buy match by match tickets but not capped if its done in a way to allow normal seats to be sold at inflated prices because they make it part of some sort of 'package'.

S

ShropshireLad

I beg to differ, matey. Seats will remain empty at times in large numbers...particularly for midweek games.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I'd like to know this too. I don't think it was advertised last season but was still valid.

I'm not ITK but I've been using the 9 month interest free Wolves credit card for as long as i can remember them doing it.
normally they don't over publicize this offer tho, in favor of the other offers such as the direct debit etc where they make more interest.

T

turner845

If we have any serious aspirations of competing at the highest level then prices and the amount of corporate areas within the ground will have to increase. Although for a newly promoted club to the Prem gate receipts are a drop in the ocean due to all the extra TV money they receive, for clubs at the top end it is a huge money spinner.

Some might not like it but the amount of corporate seats is on the increase due to the amount of money that it brings in. Man City have something like the Tunnel Club, Spurs are doing something similar at their new ground, Arsenal have nearly 10k corporate seats and Chelsea are looking at having nearly a third of the redeveloped Stamford Bridge being designated to the corporate sector. As mentioned above both Liverpool and Man Utd also keep a lot of tickets back for match packages available for football 'tourists'. All this brings in vital extra income which alllows these clubs to compete at the top end year after year which is something that we will have to look at if our owners are serious.

Ground capacity includes all the corporate and hospitality seats so of course season tickets won't account for the full home capacity. Even keeping non corporate tickets back for a match by match basis also increases income (providing seats are always sold) as season tickets are discounted.

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30th January last season so it will be soon.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got my finances sorted and I won't be working weekends anymore so I'm hoping to get a season ticket next to my brother in the Bully next year. I wonder if I'll be able to though?

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I haven’t had a season ticket since we went up with McCarthy.

Work meant it wasn’t justifiable to have one ... even up till now I miss a lot of games due to work, but this season I have been able to make more games than I usually would but still only around 50%.

I am considering trying to get one for next year though as having to sit in the Steve Bull wings a few times getting wet and bloody freezing is not enjoyable. Especially having used my boss season ticket a couple of times in the Southbank (just a completely different matchday experience)

What’s the deal with the ticket office reselling your ticket when you can’t make it?

I’m hoping that there will be a lot more Sunday games when we are in the Prem as I don’t do Sundays!

Another option would be to share the season ticket with my boss as he struggles sometimes aswell.

It’s Southbank or pick and chose the games when I can ... avoiding those wings if possible lol!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If we have any serious aspirations of competing at the highest level then prices and the amount of corporate areas within the ground will have to increase. Although for a newly promoted club to the Prem gate receipts are a drop in the ocean due to all the extra TV money they receive, for clubs at the top end it is a huge money spinner.

Some might not like it but the amount of corporate seats is on the increase due to the amount of money that it brings in. Man City have something like the Tunnel Club, Spurs are doing something similar at their new ground, Arsenal have nearly 10k corporate seats and Chelsea are looking at having nearly a third of the redeveloped Stamford Bridge being designated to the corporate sector. As mentioned above both Liverpool and Man Utd also keep a lot of tickets back for match packages available for football 'tourists'. All this brings in vital extra income which alllows these clubs to compete at the top end year after year which is something that we will have to look at if our owners are serious.

Ground capacity includes all the corporate and hospitality seats so of course season tickets won't account for the full home capacity. Even keeping non corporate tickets back for a match by match basis also increases income (providing seats are always sold) as season tickets are discounted.

10k corporate seats, and they wonder why the atmosphere is so crap.

I think it may be a while. There will be some added capacity IMO. Away fans in SB lower and upper quadrant? No real rush, we all know where we'll be next season. Pretty much can't sell any new STs IMO, aren't we over 20k already?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we’d probably go up to 23k. Takes us to 25.5-26k with away support and allows casual fans to still attend.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a quandary, I've promised my two sons a season tickets each. My daughter and I sit/stand in the South Bank and I know I have no chance of getting two more by us......so I think I might be re locating to Bully upper .... but do I really want to....

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit of a quandary, I've promised my two sons a season tickets each. My daughter and I sit/stand in the South Bank and I know I have no chance of getting two more by us......so I think I might be re locating to Bully upper .... but do I really want to....
No

Lol

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
If everyone renews in SB Upper you may still struggle to get 4 together, & its lovely i sit there:)

Back
Top Bottom