Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dylan Williams

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just wondering we let this lad go to Derby from our academy and he played 9 times for Derby at left back . Chelsea have signed him he’s only 18. Did anyone ever see him play for any of our youth sides ? or know anything as to why he left us for Derby ?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

He’s gone to Chelsea to ‘fix a problem with LWB’ for their U23 team.
Info gleaned from a quick Google search.can’t find anything about why he left Wolves.
The Mirror call him a wonderkid!

I’d guess he thought he have more opportunities at Derby? Who knows?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondering we let this lad go to Derby from our academy and he played 9 times for Derby at left back . Chelsea have signed him he’s only 18. Did anyone ever see him play for any of our youth sides ? or know anything as to why he left us for Derby ?
This has Small time Jeff written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff drove him to Pride Park himself.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has Small time Jeff written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff drove him to Pride Park himself.
We only sent him on loan to Derby, but forgot about the deal ending......

Jeff called and happy to report he's got a bag of cashew nuts and Wayne Rooney signed shirt for his office.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I asked this question on the u18s/u23s thread last week.. didn’t get a response but unless you know friends or family, at that level decisions are made and you rightly don’t know as it’s young lads we’re talking about and it doesn’t need to be public

I’ll be honest I don’t know if we let him go or he chose to go. I think he’s in the same age group as dexter lembikisa so it may just have been a case of the club preference for one over the other. Dexter looks good but William’s benefited by being thrust into first team action due to COVID at Derby… he impressed and has moved on.

Sometimes these opportunities are there to be taken. Time will tell if the club chose right or not

The kids at those age groups move around as it’s the transition between 16-17 where decisions are made on who is a full time scholar or not. Just this week one of ours Stoyan Pergelov has signed for Birmingham having played for our u18s earlier in the season. Again no idea if that is choice or we haven’t offered him a scholarship for next year

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There are a good number of top class PL players who were dropped by their academies as youth players and made it via other clubs picking them up. Some have gone on to have decent careers… ;)

It happens across football, other sports, and in other areas of business too. In the industry I worked in, I have friends who decided the company should pass on opportunities we had rights to develop, which other companies picked up and went on to earn billions developing. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t.

Last edited:

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a good number of top class PL players who were dropped by their academies as youth players and made it via other clubs picking them up. Some have gone on to have decent careers… ;)

It happens across football, other sports, and in other areas of business too. In the industry I worked in, I have friends who decided the company should pass on opportunities we had rights to develop, which other companies picked up and went on to earn billions developing. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t.
Agreed. Also look at the amount of players s snapped up by the big clubs to never kick a ball and fall back through the leagues.

In the flip side. Also tend to find the disappointment in letting go by a club makes your game

JJ59

Reaction score

On a similar theme IBM must regret losing Bill Gates and allowing him to take his embryonic Windows software. Worst business decision ever?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My shower started leaking this morning, that’s got Jeffs name all over it. I’m sending my imaginary season ticket back! I’ll not be part of this!!!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a similar theme IBM must regret losing Bill Gates and allowing him to take his embryonic Windows software. Worst business decision ever?

IBM like Kodak made some poor decisions which cost them billions, but the same could be said of Microsoft later, and a whole string of tech companies. Many are poor decisions only really with the benefit of hindsight, which is similar to clubs giving up on youth players who ultimately go on to have great careers and be worth millions.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gerald Ratner?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s gone to Chelsea to ‘fix a problem with LWB’ for their U23 team.
Info gleaned from a quick Google search.can’t find anything about why he left Wolves.
The Mirror call him a wonderkid!

I’d guess he thought he have more opportunities at Derby? Who knows?
I think that Derby have retained him “on loan” until the end of this season.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My shower started leaking this morning, that’s got Jeffs name all over it. I’m sending my imaginary season ticket back! I’ll not be part of this!!!!

I thought it was throwing an imaginary (an E&S comments favourite) season ticket on the pitch was the ultimate insult rather than sending it back?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was throwing an imaginary (an E&S comments favourite) season ticket on the pitch was the ultimate insult rather than sending it back?
I did throw my raffle ticket book style season ticket during the hoddle season but it was last game of the season so it was a pretty rubbish demonstration really. I also completed two player of the season votes (one for long long departed Robbie Dennison who was my favourite player as a kid, the other was for “none of the ****ers”)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant blame the club for this in my opinion. We have some very good young wing backs at the club presently in Birtwistle, Lembikisa, Bueno and others. Players come and go for a variety of reasons.

We have a very good young midfielder in the u18's last season by the name of Dylan Scicluna. He left though as he moved back to Australia.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A reference to a particular poster on here....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant blame the club for this in my opinion. We have some very good young wing backs at the club presently in Birtwistle, Lembikisa, Bueno and others. Players come and go for a variety of reasons.

We have a very good young midfielder in the u18's last season by the name of Dylan Scicluna. He left though as he moved back to Australia.
Yep, to be fair Im not sure anyone was blaming the club, just genuine interest from myself and the OP I believe

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A reference to a particular poster on here....

No, but I always remember the old 'throwing my season ticket on the pitch' remark on the E&S comments page after a defeat or draw but silence after a win.... ;)

Last edited:

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did throw my raffle ticket book style season ticket during the hoddle season but it was last game of the season so it was a pretty rubbish demonstration really. I also completed two player of the season votes (one for long long departed Robbie Dennison who was my favourite player as a kid, the other was for “none of the ****ers”)

The Hoddle era (*shudder*) a genuine time where I had little emotion (a root canal would be a more exciting prospect than going to a match).

At least with Saunders and Solbakken I could get angry show some emotion with some of the dross served up but Hoddle it was just constant boredom.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Hoddle era (*shudder*) a genuine time where I had little emotion (a root canal would be a more exciting prospect than going to a match).

At least with Saunders and Solbakken I could get angry show some emotion with some of the dross served up but Hoddle it was just constant boredom.
That’s literally my view point. It was for me the worse period as a wolves fan just purely because the owners had give up, manager wasn’t bothered, players putting in average performances and a (understandably) bored fan base. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to packing it in.

I bet I didn’t see more than 50 mins of a game. I’d turn up 10 mins late, go for 2 pints on 35 mins, return back on about 55 mins and then shuffle off back to the pub on 80 mins.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s literally my view point. It was for me the worse period as a wolves fan just purely because the owners had give up, manager wasn’t bothered, players putting in average performances and a (understandably) bored fan base. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to packing it in.

I bet I didn’t see more than 50 mins of a game. I’d turn up 10 mins late, go for 2 pints on 35 mins, return back on about 55 mins and then shuffle off back to the pub on 80 mins.

No I fully agree with your point it was a horrible time it felt like a chore rocking up at any home game.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I fully agree with your point it was a horrible time it felt like a chore rocking up at any home game.
I only ever miss games for genuine reasons and try and plan things round games. I vividly remember missing a midweek game towards the end of the season where I just couldn’t be bothered to rush back from work to drive up. Awful awful times.

JJ59

Reaction score
Gerald Ratner?
Microsoft turnover according to latest figure for 12 months trading was $168 billion so a little more than Ratners but at a personal level for Gerald it could not have more damaging.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOL.
I did something similar when I threw the season ticket cover (I was holding onto the book!) into the directors box after another **** performance, can't remember which one, there were so many. I actually got a letter from Moxey inviting me to come and get my cover back and discuss my grievances. I didn't bother taking him up on his offer!

JJ59

Reaction score
That never happened
You may well be right, my information came from a BBC business programme [radio] some time ago when Gates name cropped up and a journalist related the IBM story.

Back
Top Bottom