Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Drugs

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neville and Keane accuse Italians of taking performing enhancing drugs .Tip of the iceberg methinks.

Last edited:

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football has a big problem with drugs -some players are so aggressive and I don't think it's confined to Italian clubs.Rio avoiding a test was a bit of a give away.

The Italians do blood dope their athletes as I suspect the Spaniards do too.

The only way to clean it up is regular testing -I suspect it's brushed under the carpet here.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Football has a big problem with drugs -some players are so aggressive and I don't think it's confined to Italian clubs.Rio avoiding a test was a bit of a give away.

The only way to clean it up is regular testing -I suspect it's brushed under the carpet here.
Regular testing is easily beaten as proven in cycling

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of accusations floating around about Liverpool's title winning team.

Chelsea's blood spinning under Mourinho, which was since outlawed.

I've always thought our ridiculously good injury record in Nuno's first few PL seasons was maybe a bit suspicious too!!

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regular testing is easily beaten as proven in cycling

People got away with for a while, but a lot of cyclists eventually got caught, so it's clearly very different from football - either there's far less doping in football, or far weaker testing.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've always thought our ridiculously good injury record in Nuno's first few PL seasons was maybe a but suspicious too!!
That's the way to start a few conspiracy theories alright.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero doubt forms of it are in the game here and abroad. Some countries are probably a bit more into it though. Spain has had a shadow over it for a long time.

Rowzed

Reaction score
That's the way to start a few conspiracy theories

I've always thought our ridiculously good injury record in Nuno's first few PL seasons was maybe a but suspicious too!!

The ‘ridiculously good’ injury record was entirely to do with a very good S&C approach led by Antonio Dias and an excellent relationship with the then medical team, led by the ridiculously good Phil Hayward, poached by LA Galaxy just as Covid hit, then Andy Murray.

Since Lopetegui left and GON arrived, and with the return of Phil Hayward, the relationships have improved, the players are happy and that ‘ridiculously good’ label can be applied again. Currently zero injuries in the first team squad.

Injury prevention is down to an intelligent relationship between the coach and the fitness team and the ability to manage minutes and load. This requires players to be on board and focussed on the job in hand.

Illegal performance enhancement is another matter altogether, and not practised at Compton in any shape or form.

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Performance enhancing drugs are rife in all sports. The mystery of super athletes playing at an elite level well into their 40s in some cases (hello tennis / hello certain goat footballers etc) and retaining insane levels of lean muscle mass… well it’s not down to clean living and a healthy diet.
But football is slightly insulated from the worst effects of PED use vs eg. cycling or combat sports, because no matter how much Test, Clen, EPO, HGH etc you give to Fabio Silva he’ll still not be a match for little Phil Foden. Talent counts a lot in football.

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score

Nah it was those yellow hurdles that they made the players do before the second half, as soon as they stopped coming out we started getting injuries.

Magic they were, magic...

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
you only have to look at he use of snuss amongst footballers, they are top flight competitive athletes who's very nature will mean they look to take any advantage they can get, that advantage may not always be ethical

I'm pretty sure that there are enhancements being abused at the top level of most sports

Rowzed

Reaction score
you only have to look at he use of snuss amongst footballers, they are top flight competitive athletes who's very nature will mean they look to take any advantage they can get, that advantage may not always be ethical

I'm pretty sure that there are enhancements being abused at the top level of most sports
Snus is widely used and is a fad in footballers. Smoking and vaping are uncool. It doesn’t add anything consistent to performance, it’s basically a nicotine pouch, it may reduce appetite, it may act as a stimulant, it probably impairs recovery and it is addictive. Withdrawal, which is only likely to occur during a match in heavy users, will result in a loss of focus and irritability. Not to be recommended. But they dont tend to drink, don’t smoke, don’t do drugs, get filmed whaerever they go and are under performance pressures. So something that calms them down and is discreet and not illegal to use ( though illegal to sell ), is always likely to become a habit.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ‘ridiculously good’ injury record was entirely to do with a very good S&C approach led by Antonio Dias and an excellent relationship with the then medical team, led by the ridiculously good Phil Hayward, poached by LA Galaxy just as Covid hit.

Since Lopetegui left and GON arrived, and with the return of Phil Hayward, the relationships have improved, the players are happy and that ‘ridiculously good’ label can be applied again. Currently zero injuries in the first team squad.

Injury prevention is down to an intelligent relationship between the coach and the fitness team and the ability to manage minutes and load. This requires players to be on board and focussed on the job in hand.

Illegal performance enhancement is another matter altogether, and not practised at Compton in any shape or form.
Performance enhancing drugs are more likely to increase injuries, by the athlete pushing beyond his 'red' line.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No drug on the planet can turn a league 2 player into a premier league player.
I’m not so sure, I’ve seen stranger things than that back in the day ;)

giphy.gif

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ‘ridiculously good’ injury record was entirely to do with a very good S&C approach led by Antonio Dias and an excellent relationship with the then medical team, led by the ridiculously good Phil Hayward, poached by LA Galaxy just as Covid hit.

Cheers Phil.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wasn’t Rio basically admitting that he smoked weed? I think that was why he avoided it.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No drug on the planet can turn a league 2 player into a premier league player.

I would be inclined to disagree.

What's your experience of performance enhancing drugs in sport?

Do they add 1%? Or 10%

Talk of Van de Ven recently being the fastest prem player.

Can drugs change you from a 35 mph player to a 37 mph player? Definitely.

Can players get by in their career purely through speed? Certainly.

That's the basis of my argument anyway.

League 2 footballers are talented individuals in their own right, 90th percentile of best players in the country and the extra 10 % or more that Peds would give them would certainly give them a crack of a premier league career, assuming of course that the premier league players aren't already on the same drugs.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
British athletes are tested regularly. The testers can just arrive at their house. No excuses. Sometimes twice in a week.

When you see clips of new players arriving at Compton, just look at the range of food available. This is four star petrol for the players.

They are not in the pub after training for a pie and a pint.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
British athletes are tested regularly. The testers can just arrive at their house. No excuses. Sometimes twice in a week.

When you see clips of new players arriving at Compton, just look at the range of food available. This is four star petrol for the players.

They are not in the pub after training for a pie and a pint.
Indeed the days of grabbing fish and chips for the squad to eat on the coach home are long since gone.

People like Arsene Wenger and the much-maligned Fat Sam saw to that.

Back
Top Bottom