Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Drinking/getting to Spurs

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Havent been to White Hart Lane for years.
What are the best places to drink?
And what is best way or route from Euston
Cheers guys and gals

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Havent been to White Hart Lane for years.
What are the best places to drink?
And what is best way or route from Euston
Cheers guys and gals
Spurs is a PITA to get to. The nearest tube stations, Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale, are both one heck of a hike. The nearest Overground station is White Hart Lane. It's small but, if you can actually get on a train, which is far from a given on match days, you can change at Seven Sisters.
Do not, under any circumstances, think about drinking in Tottenham. Not many pubs and they are all home pubs.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs is a PITA to get to. The nearest tube stations, Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale, are both one heck of a hike. The nearest Overground station is White Hart Lane. It's small but, if you can actually get on a train, which is far from a given on match days, you can change at Seven Sisters.
Do not, under any circumstances, think about drinking in Tottenham. Not many pubs and they are all home pubs.
The pubs are fine and you can drink in them easy, just theyre usually busy as ****. But yeah, probably easier to drink around Euston then train across and be ready for the long walk to WHL.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The pubs are fine and you can drink in them easy, just theyre usually busy as ****. But yeah, probably easier to drink around Euston then train across and be ready for the long walk to WHL.
I wasn't clear, thanks for your intervention. I agree that there are unlikely to be any issues in the pubs if you actually get in, but getting in is a different story...

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a club about a 5/6 minute walk that is away fans
That’s where I went last time but can’t remember the name of it

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somebody said catch a train to Northumberland Park?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’m on the official coaches for this because I’m on my own and didn’t fancy the drive round London. Last time I drove to and from an away game on my own was Brighton just before Christmas. Would be good to know where the fans are meeting up.

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Last visit we were drinking in the Harrigey Irish Centre Pretoria Road N17 8DX 5 minutes walk from the ground. see you all there :)

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
try get a coach from the local area, some do a pit stop on route for a prematch drink. takes out all the hassle

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in London and heading to this one on my own, far from what I usually like to do on away days but given the location, I will probably just head in to the ground as early as they'll allow and have a few pints in there and wait for the atmosphere to arrive!

I guess their facilities and drink/food options are made to get punters in early, and to keep them in for longer afterwards, so I'll likely oblige on this occasion.

Ruislip Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Drink around Liverpool Street, spitafields or shoreditch and get the 149 bus straight to the ground

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
May be helpful…

Attachments

• A302B01B-D682-42D9-AD2A-E5B773A9F2A2.png
    A302B01B-D682-42D9-AD2A-E5B773A9F2A2.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 63

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Overground station looks pretty close and only one change from Euston.

Attachments

• E7F661F4-D239-4559-B36A-1BD222E53AE1.jpeg
    E7F661F4-D239-4559-B36A-1BD222E53AE1.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 22

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They serve Beavertown in the ground and it wasn't an extortionate price if I remember rightly.

If you are driving, Tottenham do a free shuttle bus from Alexandra Palace Rail Station and Wood Green Tube Station to the ground.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
Last time I went was straight after our game against Espanyol. 3-2 victory with Jimenez scoring in the 84th min in front of a packed away end. Cue all those who went to Barcelona signing our newly picked up chant of ‘du du du du, du du du du, du du du du du du der!’

What a time that was. Neto was on fire that day. Same again please lads!

Ended up in a Caribbean restaurant/ pub and met other Wolves fans in there. Not a very big place though. Im London based so probably drink in Stratford then overground to WHL.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time I went was straight after our game against Espanyol. 3-2 victory with Jimenez scoring in the 84th min in front of a packed away end. Cue all those who went to Barcelona signing our newly picked up chant of ‘du du du du, du du du du, du du du du du du der!’

What a time that was. Neto was on fire that day. Same again please lads!

Ended up in a Caribbean restaurant/ pub and met other Wolves fans in there. Not a very big place though. Im London based so probably drink in Stratford then overground to WHL.
Snap.

What a great week that was. Out to Barcelona on the Tuesday, back on Friday then down to London on the Saturday for the weekend.

Then it all went tits up for 18 months :mad:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in London and heading to this one on my own, far from what I usually like to do on away days but given the location, I will probably just head in to the ground as early as they'll allow and have a few pints in there and wait for the atmosphere to arrive!

I guess their facilities and drink/food options are made to get punters in early, and to keep them in for longer afterwards, so I'll likely oblige on this occasion.
Of the more quieter pubs, The Volunteer not far from Hale Station is nice, my old local (house was four doors down) and not overly busy on match days but is a Spurs pub, carryon towards High Street is Beehive which is much more modern and is massively so again, might have less day traffic.

Then you're on for the long walk to WHL.

Don't half miss Tottenham, shame things went the way did there, just isn't a place to bring up a kid if you can help it, the neglect in the area is ridiculous.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overground station looks pretty close and only one change from Euston.
It's always a good plan to check the TfL journey planner using the actual date/time that you are planning to travel. Otherwise you risk missing engineering work which is bloody common at weekends.

As it happens there is no relevant work nect weekend so your post is true enough BUT relatively infrequent four carriage trains on the Overground and absolutely heaving on match days. Expect to queue for an hour plus at White Hart Lane if you try to use that way back to Euston....

You may find this interesting/useful. I strongly support the recommendation for the Pembury near Hackney Downs station (not far from the connected Hackney Central station either), a great real ale pub which, and this may put some off, lol, l have been known to frequent....

Last edited:

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't find anything to Seven Sisters from Euston. Finsbury park and walk TFL are saying.

molinew

Reaction score
I live round there and big advice would be to avoid trying to get the train to White Hart Line station at all costs. Mates of mine go to Spurs regularly as home fans and often report that station being a nightmare.

If you get the Victoria line tube train Euston to Seven Sisters, and don't mind a 15-20 minute walk, that's probably the best bet. There will be a queue for the tube on the way back, but it's relatively well managed by stewards with barriers etc, though those things are always a bit of a faff.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the tube to Seven Sisters and walk, for all of you without mobility issues it really isn’t that far! Victoria Line by far the best tube line in London in my opinion, plenty of trains, seems to get between stops really quickly… you’ll be up there from wherever you’re drinking in no time.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's always a good plan to check the TfL journey planner using the actual date/time that you are planning to travel. Otherwise you risk missing engineering work which is bloody common at weekends.

As it happens there is no relevant work nect weekend so your post is true enough BUT relatively infrequent four carriage trains on the Overground and absolutely heaving on match days. Expect to queue for an hour plus at White Hart Lane if you try to use that way back to Euston....

You may find this interesting/useful. I strongly support the recommendation for the Pembury near Hackney Downs station (not far from the connected Hackney Central station either), a great real ale pub which, and this may put some off, lol, l have been known to frequent....

In that case I'll give it a wide birth.
(I'm staying in Sheffield;))

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Got corporate for this. Hooyah!!!
And me and 14 others got a box right behind the wolves end was 260 per person got them for 60 each encluds food and drink and 2 free programs my mate who is a spurs s t h sorted come on you wolves revage for that 0 1 at the mol where we was robbed.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And me and 14 others got a box right behind the wolves end was 260 per person got them for 60 each encluds food and drink and 2 free programs my mate who is a spurs s t h sorted come on you wolves revage for that 0 1 at the mol where we was robbed.
How did you get free drink…??? Looks like I’m gonna have to have a word with my Spurs mate. Grrrrr!!!!

Back
Top Bottom