Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dreaming is for free? Maybe not...

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a football club gives its fans – above all things – is hopes and dreams. Can you imagine looking forward to a QF against Bournemouth? Yeah, me too.

Tonight – with that approach and team selection – Nuno has said to the fans, ‘Your hopes and dreams don’t matter.’

Judging by the body language, that’s the message a lot of the players have got as well.

Right now I don’t care if we win or lose on Sunday. Thanks, Nuno…

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as ****ed off as everybody else with the team selection and performance tonight, but I can't help wondering whether Jeff Shi has told Nuno to forget about the FA Cup and concentrate on pushing up the league (remember each place higher in the table is worth an extra £2 million at the end of the season). Those of us who grew up when the FA Cup really meant something don't like it, but it is pretty irrelevant to the world football audience (the one that tunes into the EPL) now. I don't honestly think that Fosun give a crap about the FA Cup.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as ****ed off as everybody else with the team selection and performance tonight, but I can't help wondering whether Jeff Shi has told Nuno to forget about the FA Cup and concentrate on pushing up the league (remember each place higher in the table is worth an extra £2 million at the end of the season). Those of us who grew up when the FA Cup really meant something don't like it, but it is pretty irrelevant to the world football audience (the one that tunes into the EPL) now. I don't honestly think that Fosun give a crap about the FA Cup.
*******s

why did he play neves and moutinho then

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a football club gives its fans – above all things – is hopes and dreams. Can you imagine looking forward to a QF against Bournemouth? Yeah, me too.

Tonight – with that approach and team selection – Nuno has said to the fans, ‘Your hopes and dreams don’t matter.’

Judging by the body language, that’s the message a lot of the players have got as well.

Right now I don’t care if we win or lose on Sunday. Thanks, Nuno…
Spot on. With that team selection and performance - Nuno stuck his two fingers up at us all.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

It would have been a maximum of 3 additional games and a lot more exposure for “the brand” if we reached the final and especially if we won it.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nah dont think so. Imagine the prestige it would bring Fosun if we won the FA cup? If it was all about the money we wouldn't have been spending the amount we have been on the likes of Silva etc.... not moxeynomics of treating fit again players as new signings and low balling teams like Peterborough on transfer deadline day. Even getting the SF a few years ago, and QF of Europa was making people sit up a bit and see if us upstarts could genuinely worry the big 6.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

It would have been a maximum of 3 additional games and a lot more exposure for “the brand” if we reached the final and especially if we won it.
We aren't strong enough to win it this season, especially with key players still out. We know it and Nuno knows it.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we'd won tonight, we'd be living a different reality. There's every chance we would have drawn City..... Away.

Butterfly effect innit.
So glad it’s not just me who thinks that way too.

Would still rather look forward to City away though than day 253 in lockdown.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like a few posters have said... The project is hardley mentioned anymore. Maybe the players and nuno are f****d off because its dead in the water.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
So glad it’s not just me who thinks that way too.

Would still rather look forward to City away though than day 253 in lockdown.
Define look forward to. I’ve not looked forward to any games for a while. Football is now a TV show, as demonstrated by tonight utterly dreadful kick off time. 5:30 on a Thursday afternoon, taking the ****.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
  1. Who else is there to play in midfield?
  2. Going out of the FA Cup is one thing but getting mullered due to playing the reserves in the majority of positions (not just up front) is much, much worse.
Otasowie worth a start in my eyes. Especially as moutinho the one to be resting. Cup run our only chance of europe and to win 3 games only. Not exactly a lot with right squad management.
From a fosun point of view, no europe money or using it to attract better players

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The sad thing is I’m not that bothered about losing. There was a time I would be fuming at passing up a quarter final in the FA cup but it’s just another crappy aspect of a thoroughly depressing season. I’m not a Nuno out type but even though I’m a big fan of his even I’m running out of patience.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair comment...why bother in the previous two rounds then?
  1. Because we hadn't lost an extra three EPL games (Everton, WBA, Palace), leaving us in a pretty weak league position, at the point we played Palace in the Cup;
  2. Losing to Chorley would have been beyond embarrassing

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the dreams and look at reality.

It's been a bad season compared to the last three outstanding ones. We will still be a Premier League club next season. The fourth successive season.The plague will be back in its box as vaccines 'take back control' There's more chance next season showing 'evolving' tendencies than at any time for forty years. Probably with Nuno doing the 'evolving' unless he decides to resign. Jeff Shi will make measured and calm decisions on it all and Nuno was handed a three year contract last Autumn.

We will again watch some fine football at Molineux.

Anyone settle for that?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. Because we hadn't lost an extra three EPL games (Everton, WBA, Palace), leaving us in a pretty weak league position, at the point we played Palace in the Cup;
  2. Losing to Chorley would have been beyond embarrassing
But if we care so little about the cup and that is seemingly the case, why not go out to Palace, no disgrace in that, surely?
I can accept losing but sending a team out that will clearly do so, is unacceptable to me.
The front three that started tonight's game would not have scored in a brothel, even with the entirety of Fosun's substantial wealth about their person!
I accept that maybe we've prioritised the game on Sunday over tonight's cup game but now Nuno has unnecessarily heaped huge amounts of pressure on himself and the team, to get a result...he also handed the impetus to Southampton in my opinion, they were in a bad place after recent results and we just gave them a huge boost.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if we care so little about the cup and that is seemingly the case, why not go out to Palace, no disgrace in that, surely?
I can accept losing but sending a team out that will clearly do so, is unacceptable to me.
The front three that started tonight's game would not have scored in a brothel, even with the entirety of Fosun's substantial wealth about their person!
I accept that maybe we've prioritised the game on Sunday over tonight's cup game but now Nuno has unnecessarily heaped huge amounts of pressure on himself and the team, to get a result...he also handed the impetus to Southampton in my opinion, they were in a bad place after recent results and we just gave them a huge boost.
I agree with the points you make, but I guess that the club felt differently in early January to how it now feels looking forward in mid-February. I think it was only after the BCD loss to Michael Oliver Albion that the penny dropped about there being a danger of relegation at the club; since then the Cup has become irrelevant?

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
If we'd won tonight, we'd be living a different reality. There's every chance we would have drawn City..... Away.

Butterfly effect innit.
So, are you saying that if I hadn't have gone for that dump 90 mins before kick off, Nuno would've picked a different side and we'd have spanked em 9-0?

I blame myself. I should've known better.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
So, are you saying that if I hadn't have gone for that dump 90 mins before kick off, Nuno would've picked a different side and we'd have spanked em 9-0?

I blame myself. I should've known better.
Not sure about that, but I think we would have had more of a goal threat if you had got on the team bus and played up front.

Back
Top Bottom