Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doyle Staying?

W

we8wba

sounds postive what he's saying,

doesnt want another relegation battle, build up confidence in side which is winning regularly.... looks forward working with new gaffer

may had poor season last year, but still has quality in his locker (remember 12months ago big teams were allegedly sniffing)

all good news imo

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this were Fletcher I would be very happy. Doyle seems to have lost his way a little bit for me. Perhaps the PL was a step too far for his abilities maybe.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if he did leave. But I guess loyalty needs to be praised. Though only loyalty when you are demand really counts for anything if you ask me.

Nevertheless, if the goals return, I'm sure the unimaginative South Bank chants will return too. Best of luck Kev.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think he had a poor season by his standards last year but could be a big player this season. Better he stays and plays very well, then we get a cut-price 2M or so for him

B

blackandgoldsox

Doyle at his best, attacking midfield id say is a quality player indeed.
if he can get his form back he will rip the championship apart, his ability to hold up play is second to none, he cant finish for toffee hence why i think he'd make a better midfielder.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyles football brain is much quicker than most champ defenders. I think he will have a blinder this season and score a hat full.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am pleased. Doyle will be brilliant in the Championship.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Because after his performances last season there were a string of PL clubs after him...

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be delighted if he stays. We're a much stronger squad with Doyle than without, especially in the Championship.

B

Bankswolf II

I have to admit if we were to lose Fletcher I can't be too gutted if the likes of Doyle show this sort of attitude

He like Ebanks-Blake have a lot to prove to themselves as well as us about what they can offer the Doyle of three years ago was one of the best players I have seen in a wolves shirt I look forward to seeing which Doyle returns

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see us keeping Doyle and Fletch, so if it's Doyle lets hope he sorts his head out and gets back to playing like he was a few seasons back.

D

Deleted member 3545

How the fans views change like the wind. A couple of seasons ago when linked with Arsenal fans were saying Wolves must do everything in their power to keep him.
Ok doyles scoring record last season was poor but his work rate has always been 100% and this is what has got him noticed by pundits and clubs alike.
IMHO it good news he is staying for the time being.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle at his best, attacking midfield id say is a quality player indeed.
if he can get his form back he will rip the championship apart, his ability to hold up play is second to none, he cant finish for toffee hence why i think he'd make a better midfielder.

He is not a midfielder of any description. He doesn't have the passing ability or the positional intelligence to play there. He plays best running the channels, making life very difficult for centre backs both in the air and on the ground, holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Whether this is compatible with what Staale wants to do I don't know.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Doyle gets his form back, he'll be a massive asset.

Hoping Fletch will come out & make a similar statement lol

W

WasStefan

If we keep both Doyle and Fletcher (which I'm expecting, been no real interest in Fletcher or Jarvis for that matter) then we will romp the Championship. Sigurdarson may have to wait his turn if they both stay.

A strike force in the Championship of Fletcher, Doyle, Sigurdarson, Ebanks backed up from midfield with the likes of Milijas, Ohara and Henry and we will be a force.

Assuming they all stay of course :D

W

we8wba

How the fans views change like the wind. A couple of seasons ago when linked with Arsenal fans were saying Wolves must do everything in their power to keep him.
Ok doyles scoring record last season was poor but his work rate has always been 100% and this is what has got him noticed by pundits and clubs alike.

embarassing some of the comments are they

P

Penk Wolf

If this were Fletcher I would be very happy. Doyle seems to have lost his way a little bit for me. Perhaps the PL was a step too far for his abilities maybe.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if he did leave. But I guess loyalty needs to be praised. Though only loyalty when you are demand really counts for anything if you ask me.

Nevertheless, if the goals return, I'm sure the unimaginative South Bank chants will return too. Best of luck Kev.

Although not for us, Doyle has a good goal scoring record, his problem for us was the way Mick played him.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is he going to play?

Iirc, Doyles best position for Reading was just behind Kitson in a 4-4-1-1. Solbakken has been known to play this formation so i guess thats where he would slot in.

C

Craddockinho

Every other club in this division would LOVE Kevin Doyle.

After the inevitable loss of Steven Fletcher, he is going to be a key player for us again.

People forget just how good he was in those first 2 seasons in the Prem. Last season he had an off season, but he was in and out of the team and rightfully behind an in-form Fletcher when we figured out we couldn't play 2 up front.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great, great player. Seen him in the Championship a dozen times and he always looked a handful. A real pain in the ass for most Championship-defenders.

B

Bostin

Iirc, Doyles best position for Reading was just behind Kitson in a 4-4-1-1. Solbakken has been known to play this formation so i guess thats where he would slot in.

I presumed Siggy would be playing there

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

very true, i remember a couple of season ago when we played man united away people come on here and slated fletcher, said he was a championship players and not fit to lace KD boots.

In my opioion they are both fantatsic forwards and could easy play for any prem team outside the top 6.

F

FLEET WOLF

Because after his performances last season there were a string of PL clubs after him...

Indeed-although I think he could be ok in the Championship and my guess is that he will score more than SEB

D

dazmanwolf

Doyle is good at this level. Its a positive he wants to stay IMO.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously he had a terrible season last year, but he's still a top quality player, better than any other striker (bar Fletcher) I can think of in the division.

An in-form Kevin Doyle could be the difference between 6th and 1st.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that he's not up for another relegation fight in the Prem. It is possible/likely that both SF and MJ will end up at bottom end Prem clubs - perhaps they may feel the same and would rather be in a winning, though NPC team, than another losing Prem outfit? Who knows?

R

Redditch Wolves

Doyle is a quality player and yes he had a bad season but so did the majority of the sqaud.

He will be top class in the Championship and far too good for opposition defences.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly believe that Doyle had the striker coached out of him by MM

D

Deleted member 3573J

Getting beat most weeks for 2 years while running yourself into the ground will obviously take it's effect at some point. I don't think he was lazy last season but I guess psychologically he thought forget it, even if I chase that aimless hoof into the corner we are still going to lose.

A player who is enjoying his football will be easily motivated to perform, but a player who's getting battered every week will eventually find it hard to get motivated. Lets hope we start winning straight away, as a motivated Doyle will get 20 goals at this level.

D

Deleted member 3751

I think 2 years of running himself into the ground in every match he played took it's toll and he was just burnt out. While he's never had a great goal scoring record i could still see him getting 15-20 if he stayed.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Doyle stays, I don't even see him getting in the side.

If Fletch goes however, then Doyle probably would play in his place - and he'll score a whopping 8 goals, and then this time next season, people will be saying we should have sold him while we had the chance.....

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I honestly believe that Doyle had the striker coached out of him by MM

I think there is quite a bit of truth in that.

Although never a prolific striker, what little striking prowess he did have was 'systematically' de-conditioned by how he was deployed...

Doyler has a lot to prove.....he should do well enough in this league but it is about much more than that. It just isn't good enough to just be a shiny 'cog' in a system, you have to be able to provide something yourself at times....with him there has been no 'end product' for quite some time, and that isn't just about the finishing either.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I hope he goes, cash in on the 4-6 million we'll get from him and buy a decent central midfielder and centre half

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he goes, cash in on the 4-6 million we'll get from him and buy a decent central midfielder and centre half

Really? With that username?

EDIT: Oooops, thought I was in the Kites thread. Sorry mate.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last time Wolves (and Doyle) were in the championship, Blake and Doyle were the top 2 scorers. They are both top class at that level.

R

reanswolf

Nice one Kev ! Graet player - massively under-apppreciated by many.

Back
Top Bottom