Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doyle linked with Arsenal again

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 million for long!? Makes our buisness with o hara , fletcher , Doyle seem even more brilliant!

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just a re-hash of the Herald's 'feature' on Doyle on 22/06/11. It's the Irish press's usual summer stuff. Remember we bought Fletcher last summer because of Doyle's impending departure.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i've just had a glance at some of the Gunners forums. They're not keen. ''poor mans Chamakh'' apparently. Well, i'm happy they think that if it means we get to keep Doyle. Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer though.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just what Arsenal need ... another striker that doesn't score many goals.

<ducks and runs for cover>

:D

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle would be a poor signing for a team like Arsenal. His technique is no way near their required standard and one of his main strengths (winning the ball in the air, holding it up) is one that doesn't really fit with their ethos. A nonsense story.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH if Wenger was looking for a forward and has been watching Wolves, I would of thought Fletcher would fit the Arsenal style of play better than Doyle.

F

FLEET WOLF

i've just had a glance at some of the Gunners forums. They're not keen. ''poor mans Chamakh'' apparently. Well, i'm happy they think that if it means we get to keep Doyle. Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer though.

Who is Chamakh a poor man of then, cus he is no great shakes?

M

Mr Wolf

Wenger should just go out & sign Defoe, he's been sat on the bench at Spurs and would be much better than Bedner, Chamakh.

Saying that Bedner gets a game and Doyle is certainly better than him if he's going.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't make sense. Arsenal pass the ball through the midfield. Why do they need Doyler to hold the ball up?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gladd fletcher is avoiding the rumours though. Because if someone came in for him, he is more likely to go. He has to be our main striker next year. Just hope doyle can fit in at same time

D

Dorset DeWolf

wouldn't bother me one bit if we sold him, as long as we got more than we paid, even an extra 500k

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle is a fantastic player. A quick question for anyone who is saying ''sell Doyle''.... Have you seen wolves play in the last 2 years??
If yes, get yourself off to specsavers!

D

Dorset DeWolf

Doyle is a fantastic player. A quick question for anyone who is saying ''sell Doyle''.... Have you seen wolves play in the last 2 years??
If yes, get yourself off to specsavers!

if you are referring to me then a) a season ticket holder b) i never said 'sell doyle'. I just said i would not be gutted if we did, a non scoring striker for 10 million, bargain!!! we play better with fletcher anyway, and ebanks blake is more of a goal threat

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle contributes more than goals though. Plus he does have something of a talismanic effect in galvanising some of the other players. I'd sell for £11-12m though, depending on how the money was re-invested.

D

Dewsburywolf

Is this where someone's meant to jump in and make the comment regarding folks believing we were doomed when Doyle got injured played for Eire yet look what actually happened?

Not saying sell Doyle but, he's but one of our squad & if we can get £10 million plus for him then maybe .........................................

E

Evo wolf 2.0

If we got an offer in saying 13 million then sell and maybe put a bid in for Sturridge assuming the defence is sorted... Just an idea.

To be honest though i think its very far fetched about the Arsenal interest.

D

dolmanrj

Why the hell would anyone sell our best player for £13 million? Say you got the money who would you replace him with? Sturridge would be an absolute no go. If Mick sorts out the midfield/defence we could easily play Doyle and Fletcher upfront next season. With decent service from the flanks I can see them both getting 10+.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the hell would anyone sell our best player for £13 million? Say you got the money who would you replace him with? Sturridge would be an absolute no go. If Mick sorts out the midfield/defence we could easily play Doyle and Fletcher upfront next season. With decent service from the flanks I can see them both getting 10+.

Exactly. Who would we replace him with exactly? We would be left with two strikers!
Anyone who is happy to see Doyle leave must be crackers!

M

MK Panther

A fit Doyle, Fletcher and SEB, supported by a fit Hunt, O'Hara and Jarvis could be quite devastating this time around, shore up the defence with some quality and our team would be really pushing on.

W

Wolves1877

Just wondering whether Wenger might be thinking about Doyle to help satisfy the home-grown players requirement. Also, Arsenal are likely to lose Bentdner so I think Doyle would be an improvement as a back-up for them.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps, but players such as Gibbs and Walcott will become 'homegrown' this season. Arsenal did have less than 25 players in their squad last season IIRC.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It astounds me that some of our support cannot see just how good Doyle and Fletcher are. Doyle is the perfect forward - put him in the Arsenal team and you have a 20 goal a season player. Doyle could play for any of the top 4 teams, and Fletcher started to look like the player Real Madrid were sniffing after as an 18 year old. Give them the ammunition and they would rip teams apart. The signing of O'Harra will boost them, Hunt on the flank complimented by a fit Kightly down the other wing would make us a very exciting outfit, and give us quality delivery into the box from which they will prosper.

D

Denmead Wolf

It astounds me that some of our support cannot see just how good Doyle and Fletcher are. Doyle is the perfect forward - put him in the Arsenal team and you have a 20 goal a season player. Doyle could play for any of the top 4 teams, and Fletcher started to look like the player Real Madrid were sniffing after as an 18 year old. Give them the ammunition and they would rip teams apart. The signing of O'Harra will boost them, Hunt on the flank complimented by a fit Kightly down the other wing would make us a very exciting outfit, and give us quality delivery into the box from which they will prosper.

Not to mention Hammill. I am hoping he gets a good run of games next season as he looked very lively.

D

Dorset DeWolf

Doyle can't play in a 4-4-2, he doesnt look even half as effective or useful when partnered with someone upfront, he is a very good lone striker but this means we will be back to our 4-5-1

W

WasStefan

Cant believe people are suggesting we should let Doyle leave. Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

J

jabbawolf

Doyle can't play in a 4-4-2, he doesnt look even half as effective or useful when partnered with someone upfront, he is a very good lone striker but this means we will be back to our 4-5-1

Yep - he was rubbish with Kitson wasn't he????

Back
Top Bottom