Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Down to just two games......

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While we're at maybe not whether Steve Cooper would make it as a male model shouldn't be dragged in every time he's mentioned.

This is proper 2+2=47 stuff. My guess is that he was there at his own request to either scout or just keep abreast of the league.
agree, proper playground comment that is

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok This Saturday . For you pedantic lot :rolleyes:
Is Cooper still involved with Forest? Nuno is their current manager.

He was at Mol, but the speculation was that he's a possiblity to replace Moyes who is prevaricating about signing a new contract,not to replace GON.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was at the game it's because we play them next week if he did become our manager then that really would be the end for me.
But "he" for "them" (i.e. Trees) is Nuno and has been for some time - did you miss that? I somehow doubt that he has his predecessor scouting for him. I also doubt that Cooper is our heir apparent....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. If I was an out of work manager I would want to attend as many games as I could to keep my knowledge of teams and the League as up to date as possible

Steve is well liked by so many managers, coaches and FA. Nothing to see here……

Out of work manager going to a game….. why do we need to start rumours?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps it is to strengthen WWFC hand in negotiations with GON.
At the moment he holds all the leverage.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Apparently Steve Cooper is being lined up as possible replacement for Oneil,”

I don’t believe that.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This debate is all well and good but the burning question for me is how does one attend a football match in an ostentatious manner?

Answers in picture form, please :)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think giving up late goals highlights our defensive frailties more than anything. Any time we are under pressure at the back we tend to crack.

As for Cooper, don't be daft ffs.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Whether Cooper was at the game is neither here nor there, as Hobbs has indicated there are plans in place in the eventuality that one day GON will be gone! However, I suspect that depends on who’s available at that point in time?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This debate is all well and good but the burning question for me is how does one attend a football match in an ostentatious manner?

Answers in picture form, please :)
I recall going to Elland Road one New Years Day and being surprised to see a supporter at the turnstile in full Nazi regalia.
Does that count as 'ostentatious' ?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recall going to Elland Road one New Years Day and being surprised to see a supporter at the turnstile in full Nazi regalia.
Does that count as 'ostentatious' ?
That's one word for it...

It's a bold fancy dress choice, that's for sure!

loppers86

Reaction score
I think giving up late goals highlights our defensive frailties more than anything. Any time we are under pressure at the back we tend to crack.

As for Cooper, don't be daft ffs.
but if we have no threat up
front because Jeff Shi ****ed up then we get under ever increasing pressure with no risk for our opponents until we crack.

When you literally have no attack, you can’t criticise other areas because they are being asked to achieve the impossible.

it seems Jeff Shi thinks that starting every game with 9 men isn’t a problem.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn’t at the game Saturday. The OP is either misguided or on a wind up. There’s literally nowhere on the web suggesting he was and he 100% would have been spotted.
He definitely was. I sit just behind the directors box and saw him.
Suzi Perry was also there, so maybe she's being lined up to take over :rolleyes:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps it is to strengthen WWFC hand in negotiations with GON.
At the moment he holds all the leverage.

How does GON hold all the leverage?

He is under contract for a little while yet, he cannot take another job without wolves agreement in this time and will be for another 2 years still in September.

if he were to resign, the non compete agreements about taking another job for x period of time WITHOUT pay would kick in. Meaning if he wanted that job that was available then, he is stuck.

He has some influence and elements of power in some areas for discussion, but he doesn’t have all the leverage……

He walks, wolves will have people cueing up to take the empty seat……. He will have left behind a team people will want to manage, so he has helped wolves be able to get a replacement should he walk as we are in terms of ability when players are fit one of the “best of the rest” after the Sky 6.

So actually wolves have the leverage, he is still in year one of a three year deal and we are team people would rip your arm off to manage now, when we weren’t when JL and he took over due to where we were.

He has done amazingly well, but it is only his second season in management and while it is his best season, he still hasn’t got the track record long term to be in a position to have all the leverage.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

He is under contract for a little while yet, he cannot take another job without wolves agreement in this time and will be for another 2 years still in September.

if he were to resign, the non compete agreements about taking another job for x period of time WITHOUT pay would kick in. Meaning if he wanted that job that was available then, he is stuck.

He has some influence and elements of power in some areas for discussion, but he doesn’t have all the leverage……

He walks, wolves will have people cueing up to take the empty seat……. He will have left behind a team people will want to manage, so he has helped wolves be able to get a replacement should he walk as we are in terms of ability when players are fit one of the “best of the rest” after the Sky 6.

So actually wolves have the leverage, he is still in year one of a three year deal and we are team people would rip your arm off to manage now, when we weren’t when JL and he took over due to where we were.

He has done amazingly well, but it is only his second season in management and while it is his best season, he still hasn’t got the track record long term to be in a position to have all the leverage.
You spend your time absolutely hammering Jeff and his ineptitude in running the club and providing a squad, yet claim Wolves hold all the cards, and we'll have desirable managers queuing up to take GON's place if he goes?
There'd be no concern about why he went? Why he was so short on striking options? Why he wasn't able to kick on?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You spend your time absolutely hammering Jeff and his ineptitude in running the club and providing a squad, yet claim Wolves hold all the cards, and we'll have desirable managers queuing up to take GON's place if he goes?
There'd be no concern about why he went? Why he was so short on striking options? Why he wasn't able to kick on?

Hold on….. so I always have to be negative about the club in your eyes? I cannot be fair and balanced on something?

So what you are saying is people cannot have views on different topics that are more positive about a person/thing when looking at another aspect of their role/service?

Bit closed minded aren’t you? As I haven’t praised Jeff….. but you want to see the bad….. when in that post, it was very fair….. it was balanced…. It also only praised GON as the reason the job is desirable….. didn’t praise Jeff or the club ONCE……

How am I not allowed to say the club have leverage because i don’t think Jeff has done a good job the last few years?

Am I not allowed to say the club is desirable to take on because of the work Gary has done? As while it increases his stock, he has also improved the desirability of the job for the next person.

Many managers would want the wolves job now….. Gary wanted it when all Jl did was savage the club in the press in the summer and make the build up to the United game a **** show…. So someone wanted it then, in fact we know Gary had competition for the role…. Some people wanted it back then when it was less desirable than it is now.

Where did I say Jeff had done a good job anywhere in that post????? I didn’t….. so maybe read the post rather the doing your usual two footed jump in!!!!!

JL took us on when we were rooted at the bottom of the league….. he was their most desirable manager and one I bet a good number of clubs would want and he took the job with the team and the club in turmoil.

Managers will always line up for a premier league job.

Where did I say there wouldn’t be concern for the next person? I don’t need to, there are concerns if you take on any new job when someone moves on. There is concerns for the person replacing Klopp, there will be for the person taking the United job when they sack ten hag….. so why would concerns stop someone taking a job???

Jeff and GON have said there will be more money next season.

Also…… solid you have these concerns or questions to come at me with them…. Why am I negative to ask the very same questions and put my opinion down on them????

Also, taking Jeff at his word….. that we can spend in the summer, the new person SHOULDNT have the same concerns GON had in Jan….

I said based on the results, style of play and where we are because of GON we are now a good option….. not ONCE did I say anything that said Jeff made the club appealing……

Also where did I say the club hold ALL the cards????

I didnt….. I said GON has some strength, but not all the cards….. so where did I say he has no cards and wolves all of them??? So READ the post……..

It isn’t praising Jeff or the club to state that a bloke is under contract is it??? And the standard football contracts whi he has multiple years left, leave wolves in a position of holding some of the cards…..

I didn’t…… so READ the post!!!!!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Hold on….. so I always have to be negative about the club in your eyes? I cannot be fair and balanced on something?

So what you are saying is people cannot have views on different topics that are more positive about a person/thing when looking at another aspect of their role/service?

Bit closed minded aren’t you? As I haven’t praised Jeff….. but you want to see the bad….. when in that post, it was very fair….. it was balanced…. It also only praised GON as the reason the job is desirable….. didn’t praise Jeff or the club ONCE……

How am I not allowed to say the club have leverage because i don’t think Jeff has done a good job the last few years?

Am I not allowed to say the club is desirable to take on because of the work Gary has done? As while it increases his stock, he has also improved the desirability of the job for the next person.

Many managers would want the wolves job now….. Gary wanted it when all Jl did was savage the club in the press in the summer and make the build up to the United game a **** show…. So someone wanted it then, in fact we know Gary had competition for the role…. Some people wanted it back then when it was less desirable than it is now.

Where did I say Jeff had done a good job anywhere in that post????? I didn’t….. so maybe read the post rather the doing your usual two footed jump in!!!!!

JL took us on when we were rooted at the bottom of the league….. he was their most desirable manager and one I bet a good number of clubs would want and he took the job with the team and the club in turmoil.

Managers will always line up for a premier league job.

Where did I say there wouldn’t be concern for the next person? I don’t need to, there are concerns if you take on any new job when someone moves on. There is concerns for the person replacing Klopp, there will be for the person taking the United job when they sack ten hag….. so why would concerns stop someone taking a job???

Jeff and GON have said there will be more money next season.

Also…… solid you have these concerns or questions to come at me with them…. Why am I negative to ask the very same questions and put my opinion down on them????

Also, taking Jeff at his word….. that we can spend in the summer, the new person SHOULDNT have the same concerns GON had in Jan….

I said based on the results, style of play and where we are because of GON we are now a good option….. not ONCE did I say anything that said Jeff made the club appealing……

Also where did I say the club hold ALL the cards????

I didnt….. I said GON has some strength, but not all the cards….. so where did I say he has no cards and wolves all of them??? So READ the post……..

It isn’t praising Jeff or the club to state that a bloke is under contract is it??? And the standard football contracts whi he has multiple years left, leave wolves in a position of holding some of the cards…..

I didn’t…… so READ the post!!!!!
I think if you believe all you have posted about Jeff - and you do tend to go to extremes - then you are contradicting yourself in presenting us as an attractive proposition for a replacement manager. Particularly one who would be in turn an attractive proposition to the fans.
I put forward the questions as your questions. Not my own.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if you believe all you have posted about Jeff - and you do tend to go to extremes - then you are contradicting yourself in presenting us as an attractive proposition for a replacement manager. Particularly one who would be in turn an attractive proposition to the fans.
I put forward the questions as your questions. Not my own.

We were an attractive proposition to GON……. We were an attractive proposition to those who applied and lost out to him……

There are many poor owners, some worse than Jeff!!! Look at the glaziers and boehly….. yet they have people want to work for them…… and when they sack another manager, they will get another one very quickly……

People took the Blackpool job….. their owner sues fans……

How am I contradicting myself saying we are an appealing proposition when I have never said we aren’t one????

Every premier league role is an appealing proposition to someone and a group of managers!

There is barely a club in the land without an element of structural or managerial issue in sport. No one place is perfect.

As I said, GON has made the club appealing with what he achieved on the pitch. Many managers will rip their right arm off to replace Gary with the handover they will get in terms of the starting 11…….

GON has made the football a tasty proposition for the fans!

I have also said Jeff and fosun for the first few years did amazing. But the last few years it is consistent miss steps. I am allowed to hold that opinion……

But any premier league job is a desirable job to a group of managers out there . That is a fact.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's what Jeff said - no wonder he doesn't say much, given the way people read exactly what they want into anything. Jeff isn't trying to "send a message" by having Cooper go there, that's ridiculous. His statement very much backs GON, and I've bolded the bit where he says "the club" (i.e. not GON) can learn from the squad depth.
Regarding this: "For the other challenges, such as injuries to key attacking players and squad depth, the club can always keep learning and progressing every season",

It seems to complement a similar comment at the start of the season: "The positive thing is that FFP is based on a rolling number, season by season, so if we do manage it well this summer, next summer we will be more free financially."

Jeff seems to be indicating (in his typically vague way) that Gary will be backed in the upcoming window, and so will rightly be held to these comments. Even posters who I typically associate with supporting almost every decision by the club to the hilt, are conceding there are no longer any excuses not to back the manager. Over to you, Jeff. Big Summer ahead for Fosun.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Sheer bad luck"???

Dont think anybody thinks overloading attacking players and then suffering injuries has anything to do with chance.

Ironically, the matches that @wolvesjoe referred to, we lost because we completely switched off defensively after scoring. Something we've done several times, this season. Dredging up again, but it still stings a bit, even with 3 main attacking players injured, we still fielded 8 players, maybe more, that would walk into that Coventry 11. We had enough on the pitch to beat them, we lost it tactically and mentally.

I'm not saying that the injuries we've had to our top quality attacking players hasn't hindered us badly, of course it has. Just that we have other problems too, and in some key matches, it was those other problems that lost it for us. If we'd addressed the problem of losing organisation and concentration when it matters, we'd also be in that semi-final and a few points better off, just as we would if Cunha/Neto/Hwang had all been fit. We had both Cunha and Neto playing v Man U, too, on fine form. Being too open defensively was the problem there, another thing we tend to do regardless of whose up front. But at least we're seeing lots of goals and chances instead of those boring 1-0 wins!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why indeed? Hobbs made a big point of saying that the board have prepared for Oneil leaving, if it comes to that. I presume Cooper being there on Saturday was a clumsy message to send.
I heard Cooper was there as a guest of West Ham’s board. You do know Moyes hasn’t decided about staying at West Ham? Tell me you knew that before going on your rant… :tearsofjoy:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The reason he has all the leverage is because he is in demnand and the Wolves job is looking unattractive. That's the way it seems to work.
As to all the other legal/contract matters , did they not relate to JL , and he left with a pay off.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason he has all the leverage is because he is in demnand and the Wolves job is looking unattractive. That's the way it seems to work.
As to all the other legal/contract matters , did they not relate to JL , and he left with a pay off.

They needed to ship JL out as the relationship was soured and we all know he would have stayed to get sacked like he did in his previous role and we needed him gone!

How is the wolves job unnatractive? Top half premier league finish, a starting 11 with players coveted by the sky 6, talks in the press that yes things were not good financially this year, this summer we will have money to spend.

That to a manager is very bloody appealing…… JL took us on when we were in a worse state than what GON could leave behind if he were to leave in the summer.

The world knew JL’s opinions and what he said about Jeff allegedly lying about the financial state and the moving of goal posts. Yet GON and a group of people applied. The job was far less appealing then!!!

No manager or player has all the leverage till they are in the last year of their contract and he isn’t there yet. He has some power and strength, more than he would have done if we had scrapped survival. But he doesn’t have all the leverage.

Both parties have leverage, but wolves due to the length of time still on his contract have more!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They needed to ship JL out as the relationship was soured and we all know he would have stayed to get sacked like he did in his previous role and we needed him gone!

How is the wolves job unnatractive? Top half premier league finish, a starting 11 with players coveted by the sky 6, talks in the press that yes things were not good financially this year, this summer we will have money to spend.

That to a manager is very bloody appealing…… JL took us on when we were in a worse state than what GON could leave behind if he were to leave in the summer.

The world knew JL’s opinions and what he said about Jeff allegedly lying about the financial state and the moving of goal posts. Yet GON and a group of people applied. The job was far less appealing then!!!

No manager or player has all the leverage till they are in the last year of their contract and he isn’t there yet. He has some power and strength, more than he would have done if we had scrapped survival. But he doesn’t have all the leverage.

Both parties have leverage, but wolves due to the length of time still on his contract have more!
The relationship will sour if O'Neil doesn't get backing so he wants to leave , and someone wants him and WWFC insist on him working out his contract.
We will be proven to be unattractive to two managers . Hence the leverage if he threatens to leave.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Cooper being there is a red herring. He is part of the p,an to refurb the Steve Bull. Jeff doesn't want to buy any wet and dry paper to sand the paintwork down, Hobbsy reckoned Cooper could do it with his teeth....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reporter (who also tweeted about it). Anyone spot him or take a photograph of him entering?? I mean he’s not exactly hard to miss as he looks like Gollum!
Found him under the bridge 10 mins before kick off
You’re welcome

538F51EF-2C76-4F1E-B568-2099772ED2B8.jpeg

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon we'll keep him for a short while yet. The failure of Potter at a big club will cause owners to pause. He was seen as the greatest thing out there when at Brighton.

Back
Top Bottom