Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Donation link now live In memory of Jonzy 54

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Your browser is not supported. If you have difficulty making a donation, please use one of the supported browsers listed in our Accessibility Statement."

I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, all of which show as supported in the Accessibility Statement, but I'm on a 2012 MacBook Pro that's not running the latest versions of any of them. Or, perhaps it's because I'm on the wrong side of the pond. Or, VAR is disallowing it.... :-{

(Thanks for setting this up, Tony!)

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Your browser is not supported. If you have difficulty making a donation, please use one of the supported browsers listed in our Accessibility Statement."

I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, all of which show as supported in the Accessibility Statement, but I'm on a 2012 MacBook Pro that's not running the latest versions of any of them. Or, perhaps it's because I'm on the wrong side of the pond. Or, VAR is disallowing it.... :-{

(Thanks for setting this up, Tony!)
It said that when I donated, but it still worked.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who have donated. The gesture is truly amazing from everyone who contributed.
There will be a very low key personal service this week for the immediate family. John really was a person of minimal fuss and the family are blown away by the messages and the amazing total that has been raised.

I'm trying to get in touch with a few people at the council to arrange something for John and if possible, plant a tree or organise having some David Austin roses to be planted at Bantock Park. It was a very special place for John in his childhood and also throughout his years of being involved in football. If we have no success then we will think of another option to make sure your kind donations go to something that will hold a fitting tribute to John.

I will update everyone on here as soon as I have some news with the kind support of @arctic rime as I live in The Netherlands. If anyone has any contacts then I'd also be most grateful. John also worked many years for the council so hopefully we get some good news to make this happen.

Regards

Neil.

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who have donated. The gesture is truly amazing from everyone who contributed.
There will be a very low key personal service this week for the immediate family. John really was a person of minimal fuss and the family are blown away by the messages and the amazing total that has been raised.

I'm trying to get in touch with a few people at the council to arrange something for John and if possible, plant a tree or organise having some David Austin roses to be planted at Bantock Park. It was a very special place for John in his childhood and also throughout his years of being involved in football. If we have no success then we will think of another option to make sure your kind donations go to something that will hold a fitting tribute to John.

I will update everyone on here as soon as I have some news with the kind support of @arctic rime as I live in The Netherlands. If anyone has any contacts then I'd also be most grateful. John also worked many years for the council so hopefully we get some good news to make this happen.

Regards

Neil.
Thank you for letting us know, whilst I and many would have liked to pay our respects, I really appreciate the wishes of the family to have a private service.

I like many more had a little of John in my life over the years and and if the opportunity arises to would really like to be able to pay my respects.

Hope everything goes as well as it can next week.

Thoughts are with you all.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all.

Regards

Neil.
The money could buy a lot of Molineux roses for flower bombing Wolverhampton.....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all.

Regards

Neil.

Thank you for the update. Planting a tree sounds a very good idea and hopefully Wolverhampton council will be amenable to the suggestion.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for the update. Planting a tree sounds a very good idea and hopefully Wolverhampton council will be amenable to the suggestion.
Think the tree is a great idea - there’s a famous line in the 2nd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel that I find really impactful - “There's nothing I respect more than someone planting trees under whose shade they may never sit.”

It would be a fitting legacy for Jonzy

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another update. We have some good news that we can give a fitting tribute to John. I'm in contact with the volunteers and Parks development manager at Bantock Park.

They have also worked with or collaborated with John over the years and were aware of the sad news. I will be in touch with them and the family over the coming days to discuss some arrangements for what we can do with your very kind donations.

Thank you all once again. I will keep this page updated.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a tree planted in memory of my late brother, it's a great idea.
As well as being a supporter of Stoke City and Newcastle United (he adopted them as his second team after doing teachers training in the North East in 67/68), he loved Ornithology and its hoped that one day when the tree becomes established and birds will nest in there.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi - Funds have been transferred today from @arctic rime from the total mentioned above.

I'll be in touch this week with Roger ( Bantock park volunteers ) and Dawn from the council to get this moving. They are also reading the thread.

Updates and costs will also be posted. I hope we can create something beautiful in honor of John and the kind donations people have made. Be sure, there will be a mention of this forum in the plaque we make.

Thank you once again - Neil & Family

Donation_Funds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom