Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dominic Iorfa

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Saw the highlights of Villa v Ipswich on C5 last night and thought Iorfa gifted Adomah his goals with some pretty useless defending.
He is destined to never wear the gold and black again, I would take £1million now!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think when he first came into the team, he was very raw as a footballer, but a brilliant athlete. You kinda forgave him the dodgy football bit, because you thought it would eventually develop like. But it didn't.

Skyscraper

Reaction score
My personal view is he will be sold just not the player we are after anymore.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It saddens me that he's not fulfilling his potential at Ipswich, despite a good start, because you'd imagine that Mick's footballing style would suit him

I've wanted to see how Dom does in our new formation and with Nuno and his teams coaching as there are such great raw qualities there with pace and power, but now I've seen more of the Nuno way and understand his footballing philosophies better, I'm now thinking that his future lies elsewhere

Which is a great shame from that highly promising player that first broke into the team and the England U21's. Disappointing

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Average defender, great athlete, every cross he ever attempted hit the opposite corner flag.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw the highlights of Villa v Ipswich on C5 last night and thought Iorfa gifted Adomah his goals with some pretty useless defending.
He is destined to never wear the gold and black again, I would take £1million now!
Called it years ago. He is simply awful. When West Ham were rumoured to be in with a £5m bid I could not believe the amount of Wolves fans who said we should hold out for more than that.

Bambi on ice.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was told a long time ago that he Graham and Hause would never play for wolves again. Such a shame because they all could be major assets. As it stands we'd be lucky to get a million each for them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s been on the receiving end of some very poor coaching . A good coach would have cut out the flaws in his game by now.

I do wonder why nuno let Him go as I think he could have made him a great player

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine athlete but touch of an elephant. Ball bounces 5yds away everytime he tries to control it. Nuno would never have him in side he just isn't good enough technically. It is a shame tho I am sure we all thought the rawness would disappear and we would have a gem on out hands. Was rated above Hause when they both broke throught.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m also very disappointed with what has happened to Iorfa and I don’t expect him to fulfil his potential or play for us again. It’s a real shame and such a waste as I believe that if managed correctly he could have become a top top centre half. I really expected him to become the next Rio Ferdinand with his extreme pace, height and ability to defend in 1v1 situations.

I personally feel he has been damaged by both Jackett and McCarthy playing him out of position as a full back. He just hasn’t been developed properly and certainly not in the position in which he should play.

When he was in the youth team he was a centre half. He is a defender first and foremost and not an attacker. His attributes are suited to being a centre half, with these being his height, pace and physicality and not his dribbling and crossing. He should not be playing as a full back as he isn’t technically good enough.

Jackett played him as a full back because he’s a limited manager that decided that because he had pace he needed to be utilised as an attacking threat. He also had a defensive mind set and was scared of conceding goals. He played Hause as a full back too. Luckily he eventually trusted Hause enough to put him in the centre, but Iorfa became a victim of his own ability, pace.

Unfortunately for Iorfa and us, we loaned him to the other club with a negative dinosaur manager who loves to play centre half’s at full back, McCarthy. Anyone remember Stearman and Manciene at right back?Just nasty.

I personally haven’t given up complete hope in Iorfa but it certainly won’t be easy for him now. He’s only 22 remember. What really needs to happen is for us to recall him in January. He needs to puts his head down, work hard and learn from Nuno and the coaches. If he has an attitude then he needs to drop it and realise that if he really wants to progress, he needs to bide his time here (like Hause), be patient and develop. He might not play much (barring injury), but if he stays and learns then he might just make it. If not he will be sold pretty soon and will be destined for a career ala Stearman’s. Let’s hope he begs to return and comes back desperate to develop under our new coaches. It’s in his own hands.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s been on the receiving end of some very poor coaching . A good coach would have cut out the flaws in his game by now.

I do wonder why nuno let Him go as I think he could have made him a great player
I'll trust Nuno

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hause before Miranda and Batth for me . In fact if Boly played right hand side of Coady Hause would add great balance to the back 3 on the left .
However in Nuno we must trust . Bennett positionally is very very good as my Norwich supporting mate said he was extremely slow and ponderous.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you mean?
I was told a few months ago that the 3 of them had got in with the wrong crowd, and would not play for Wolves again.
I thought Hause seemed to be getting back into contention when he played against Man City, but has disappeared again since that.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By the looks of his close control, passing, crossing etc he looks like he's been on the receiving end of some very poor coaching since he was 10 years old! I know that sounds harsh but I've never seen a footballer there.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m also very disappointed with what has happened to Iorfa and I don’t expect him to fulfil his potential or play for us again. It’s a real shame and such a waste as I believe that if managed correctly he could have become a top top centre half. I really expected him to become the next Rio Ferdinand with his extreme pace, height and ability to defend in 1v1 situations.

I personally feel he has been damaged by both Jackett and McCarthy playing him out of position as a full back. He just hasn’t been developed properly and certainly not in the position in which he should play.

When he was in the youth team he was a centre half. He is a defender first and foremost and not an attacker. His attributes are suited to being a centre half, with these being his height, pace and physicality and not his dribbling and crossing. He should not be playing as a full back as he isn’t technically good enough.

Jackett played him as a full back because he’s a limited manager that decided that because he had pace he needed to be utilised as an attacking threat. He also had a defensive mind set and was scared of conceding goals. He played Hause as a full back too. Luckily he eventually trusted Hause enough to put him in the centre, but Iorfa became a victim of his own ability, pace.

Unfortunately for Iorfa and us, we loaned him to the other club with a negative dinosaur manager who loves to play centre half’s at full back, McCarthy. Anyone remember Stearman and Manciene at right back?Just nasty.

I personally haven’t given up complete hope in Iorfa but it certainly won’t be easy for him now. He’s only 22 remember. What really needs to happen is for us to recall him in January. He needs to puts his head down, work hard and learn from Nuno and the coaches. If he has an attitude then he needs to drop it and realise that if he really wants to progress, he needs to bide his time here (like Hause), be patient and develop. He might not play much (barring injury), but if he stays and learns then he might just make it. If not he will be sold pretty soon and will be destined for a career ala Stearman’s. Let’s hope he begs to return and comes back desperate to develop under our new coaches. It’s in his own hands.
A good player simply wouldn’t allow ‘bad’ managers to ruin them. Sorry, but the lad just ain’t got the attributes to succeed in a team like ours now. You can see the difference in the skill level of the new lads compared to Dom. Chalk and cheese.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hause was good st Citeh and surprised he hasn’t been near first team since. Sort of gave up on Dom when saw he was spending too much time with Graham.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because of his pace alone he should be a winger he can run with the ball quite well but yeh he’s so hot and cold

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was told a few months ago that the 3 of them had got in with the wrong crowd, and would not play for Wolves again.
I thought Hause seemed to be getting back into contention when he played against Man City, but has disappeared again since that.

Oh well, a few months ago I would have been fuming/annoyed at the 3 not being in the side but not so much anymore.

If they can't behave professionally or act as the club want, then see ya boys.

D

Deleted member 3573J

He built his top half up and forgot his legs in my opinion, which has effected his balance. There was a game last season when he played central defender and he was struggling to do something as simple as jockeying without looking like his legs were going to go from underneath him. It was like watching a baby giraffe.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Morgan still owned Wolves he would still be playing , be one of our better players and labeled "one for the future" .
How things have changed .

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good player simply wouldn’t allow ‘bad’ managers to ruin them. Sorry, but the lad just ain’t got the attributes to succeed in a team like ours now. You can see the difference in the skill level of the new lads compared to Dom. Chalk and cheese.
The coaching in this country is pretty poor and discourages creativity. You really only need to look at the England team and how poor we have been for a long time. Good coaches will produce good results many times and bad coaches will produce bad players most of the time. The perfect example quoted years ago was Stuart Slater who was rated very highly and is thought to have had the skills coached out of him. A good example was Kenny Burns who was written off especially because of his attitude and Brian Clough turned him into a winner.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well, a few months ago I would have been fuming/annoyed at the 3 not being in the side but not so much anymore.

If they can't behave professionally or act as the club want, then see ya boys.
Wasn't all this before Nuno's time though. The mindset seems to have changed so much. There seems to be so much team spirit now that all three could now benefit from being part of this. Hause is probably knocking on the door but the 5 centre backs who have played this season have all done well and that limits his chances at the moment.
We do seem to have a fair amount of potential goodies in the cb position though.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think a bad manager can ruin a young player. If you consistently play a young player out of position or in a team with a system not suited to them(long ball to someone who’s 5ft5) then they won’t improve. Their confidence will be also be hit and they might even regress. I think Iorfa is a good example of this.

Iorfa is being criticised because he is being compared to players like Doherty, Vinagre and other full backs who are technically sound and good going forward. He might be able to do a job at full back, but he quite simply isn’t one. He is a centre back being asked to play out of position. By playing him as a full back he is not developing as a centre back. His development has and is being stifled.

The new players are no doubt a significant upgrade, however look at the improvements in players like Coady, Doherty and Batth. You can’t tell me that Danny Batth is any more skilful or technically competent than Iorfa. He perhaps reads the game better and might be stronger in the air than Iorfa, but Iorfa is better at stopping players running at him and if coached properly could be miles better than Batth. If Batth can improve so much in such a short spell of time, at an older age, there is no reason to believe that Iorfa couldn’t too, unless dedication and attitude are a problem.

Maybe he does have an attitude problem and whatever happens I trust Nuno to make the right decision. I just think it’s a real shame to see Iorfa fall by the wayside as he has serious potential and could (if coached properly and if he has the right attitude) become a top class centre back. Iorfa with his height, pace, strength and ability to defend in 1v1 situations could, if he developed positional sense become an England regular. We will see what happens I guess.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's nothing to do with coaching, the lad just isn't very good.
Would you not have said the same about Coady up until this season? Why is Leon suddenly finding the form of his life? Why do top executives pay a fortune to use coaches to enhance their business skills? Have you ever had someone that makes you feel bad ( apart from me:D) but better still someone who makes you feel good? Experienced good and bad teachers?
If you underestimate what good coaching can do you could be missing out.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Iorfa is being criticised because he is being compared to players like Doherty, Vinagre and other full backs who are technically sound and good going forward. He might be able to do a job at full back, but he quite simply isn’t one. He is a centre back being asked to play out of position. By playing him as a full back he is not developing as a centre back. His development has and is being stifled.

how many professional games has he played as a centre half?

Maybe he does have an attitude problem and whatever happens I trust Nuno to make the right decision. I just think it’s a real shame to see Iorfa fall by the wayside as he has serious potential and could (if coached properly and if he has the right attitude) become a top class centre back. Iorfa with his height, pace, strength and ability to defend in 1v1 situations could, if he developed positional sense become an England regular. We will see what happens I guess.

England regular??? hes a terrible terrible footballer, he won't even make a championship regular, let alone england

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Imagine Neves or Coady or Saiss sweeping those 50 yard balls out to him like they do to Doc...... Now picture Iorfa bringing it under control....

That's stretching the imagination too far IMO

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
how many professional games has he played as a centre half?

You’ve mentioned the problem yourself, not enough.

Idiotic managers have convinced people that he’s a right back. He’s not. It would be like going to watch us in 2009-2012 without seeing us in 2008 and watching Foley play on the right wing. People would think he was a **** winger and not a full back if they took the later period as a measure of him. Iorfa has/is being played out of position and is not good enough technically to be dribbling past other full backs and whipping in a cross. It’s just not what he is built for.

He would be perfectly adequate technically to be playing as one of a 3. In fact I think this system would be perfect for him. With a sweeper also playing, I think this system would allow him to make mistakes and be covered whilst learning the position. I also believe his pace would allow him to cover Doherty when out of position, better than anyone else in our squad. Cardiff’s 2nd goal as an example would not have happened if it were Iorfa and not Miranda.

Everyone has their views, but I remember Iorfa bursting onto the scene and just shutting down anyone who came near him. He was/is immense at stopping players. Antonio, Gray, Arnautovic everyone. Going forward his pace was useful, but now it’s not necessary as our forward players aren’t James Henry and Jed Wallace. Coach him properly and he would be an absolute monster in my eyes. Positional sense is only learned through coaching and playing, yet Iorfa hasn’t received this unfortunately.

Basically Hause needs to pack in the rapping *******s, Iorfa needs to tell his dad to foxtrot Oscar and Graham needs to stop going on holiday to Dubai and living it large. If the 3 of them sort their lives out and focus on playing football, we could have 3 top quality players on our hands. It’s up to them.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just listened to Hause’s rap video. In fairness, the song is really good !

D

Deleted member 4594

Would you not have said the same about Coady up until this season? Why is Leon suddenly finding the form of his life? Why do top executives pay a fortune to use coaches to enhance their business skills? Have you ever had someone that makes you feel bad ( apart from me:D) but better still someone who makes you feel good? Experienced good and bad teachers?
If you underestimate what good coaching can do you could be missing out.
I agree with you, I just feel that, unlike Coady, Iorfa doesn't have the basic ability to work with.

Back
Top Bottom