Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does anyone have footage from the 'keep ball' we inflicted on United?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On around 70 minutes, I'd love to watch it back.

This for me brought home genuinely how far we have come. There was a section in the guardian that described our midfield as 'flitting through Pogba et al like artful dodgers confronted by dull bouncers' but how comfortable the whole team was in possession was the embodiment of a dream I never thought I would see in a Wolves shirt.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The full game is still available on i-player. The 'Ole' bit is at about 89 mins in the game but I presume you mean something different.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup, iplayer, watching again right now.
(It’s available for another 3 weeks or so if download).

Every time I see that Lindelof challenge back it gets worse.
No idea how the VAR ref overturns that seeing any full speed replay, or the reverse angle.

The Olé bit does indeed bear rewatching.
I counted 21 btw, including everyone bar Traore and Coady, and 2 switches out to Doc.

Last edited:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

No idea how the VAR ref overturns that seeing any full speed replay, or the reverse angle.

I counted 21 btw, including everyone bar Traore and Coady, and 2 switches out to Doc.

It's truly shocking! You can't believe how anyone can call that a yellow.

But then again some of our own on here were calling Boly's red v City correct! :confused:........still seething over it.:mad:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that iPlayer footage will be required viewing for a few PL teams over coming weeks.

Except Chelsea of course, since Sarri clearly knows better... ;)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect the iplayer footage may go into a few coaching manuals around the world.. ;) Under the heading how to carry out Tactical Teamwork.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Got a link for it? Can't find.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But then again some of our own on here were calling Boly's red v City correct! :confused:........still seething over it.:mad:

I’ll be honest, I was scared as soon as Boly made the challenge, and thought it was a red at first, as it appeared a potential ankle breaker.
When slowing it down, it became clear the Silva chose to put his ankle there to try and win a red, with no hope of getting to the ball with studs sliding towards him.

Lindelof’s is immeasurably worse in every way.

S

ShropshireLad

On around 70 minutes, I'd love to watch it back.

This for me brought home genuinely how far we have come. There was a section in the guardian that described our midfield as 'flitting through Pogba et al like artful dodgers confronted by dull bouncers' but how comfortable the whole team was in possession was the embodiment of a dream I never thought I would see in a Wolves shirt.
How very disrespectful of you! Get on the naughty mat AT ONCE! :D

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I was scared as soon as Boly made the challenge, and thought it was a red at first, as it appeared a potential ankle breaker.
When slowing it down, it became clear the Silva chose to put his ankle there to try and win a red, with no hope of getting to the ball with studs sliding towards him.

Lindelof’s is immeasurably worse in every way.

Wasn't even a yellow if truth be told......free ball, studs down 100% contact with ball and ball only.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more WW!

I’ve seen it over and over again and still can’t understand why the referee’s original red card was overturned!

I was in the BW stand and I stand by my instant decision that it was a definite red card.

It was definitely worse than Willy’s challenge imo against Man City but he didn’t have VAR to review.

There was a bit of ‘bad blood’ between Diogo and Lindelof from the first half when the Swedish lump grabbed and held our sacred gold shirt but that was no excuse for his challenge.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It brought back memories of Waggy with those cross field passes ! Not on the night obviously ,as I was too ****ed but watching it on BBC on Sunday.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't even a yellow if truth be told......free ball, studs down 100% contact with ball and ball only.
Should GO to Specsavers !:D Have you seen it in slow-mo ? he wipes Jota out then contacts the ball !
edit-sorry are you talking about Boly at Man City?:oops:

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should GO to Specsavers !:D Have you seen it in slow-mo ? he wipes Jota out then contacts the ball !
edit-sorry are you talking about Boly at Man City?:oops:
Re: Jota's assassination, Lindelof never at any stage got his foot to the ball. It brushed his thigh after he went through Jota and emerged the other side. Damned good red and stuff the VAR comedian.

M

Mr Wolf

Lindelof’s foul was never a red card, he took him out but it was a side on tackle, no studs up excessive force. Stop being a bunch of wimps.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lindelof’s foul was never a red card, he took him out but it was a side on tackle, no studs up excessive force. Stop being a bunch of wimps.

Ok, you can have tackles like that unpunished...as long as you get the **** awful kick and rush football with it, if warping back 15 years + is your thing.

That’s the game now, and a not overly strict ref went straight to his back pocket...as he had no doubt he’d seen something not allowed in today’s game.

M

Mr Wolf

Ok, you can have tackles like that unpunished...as long as you get the **** awful kick and rush football with it, if warping back 15 years + is your thing.

That’s the game now, and a not overly strict ref went straight to his back pocket...as he had no doubt he’d seen something not allowed in today’s game.
Well it was overturned wasn’t it, just a mistimed forceful slide tackle. I’d be fuming if Coady got sent off for that.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it was overturned wasn’t it, just a mistimed forceful slide tackle. I’d be fuming if Coady got sent off for that.

Coady vs Huddersfield and Bennett on Willian were both forceful sliding challenges.
It could be argued that both were bordering on excessive force, but neither went straight through the player first, or scissored their standing leg following through.

So yes I’d be fuming if either got sent off, they weren’t even FKs.
But if they’d missed the ball they’d have received yellows.
Does that make Lindelof’s no worse?
Not for me.
Oh, and if it had been Coady making that, I’d have been praying for a yellow as soon as he hit him.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was out of control, had no intention of playing the ball, could have ended Jota's season, but yeah, other than that, it was fine.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My initial reaction was that it wasn’t a red, a strong yellow but the ref gave a red on the field

The VAR footage probably showed it to be more dangerous than I saw initially but still a debatable straight red

What I don’t understand is how did the footage show that the ref had made a clear and obvious error? I don’t think the evidence was enough to overrule the ref

That’s how it works right?

M

Mr Wolf

He was out of control, had no intention of playing the ball, could have ended Jota's season, but yeah, other than that, it was fine.
Or it was just a poorly timed slide tackle in a game of football that’s was judged after video replay to be a yellow card. Nothing quite like histrionics though.

Honestly if Coady has done that on Rashford there’s no way you’d all accept a straight Red.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Or it was just a poorly timed slide tackle in a game of football that’s was judged after video replay to be a yellow card. Nothing quite like histrionics though.

Honestly if Coady has done that on Rashford there’s no way you’d all accept a straight Red.

No, if Coads had done that it would have been totally understandable if he were sent off for it.

Recklessly went for the challenge, missing the ball and taking the man clean out. The potential for serious damage isn't exclusively about studs.

Red for sure.

D

Deleted member 4594

Spot on. Every game should end up 5 a side listening to some on here.

“Jotas assassination” Jesus Christ...

M

Mr Wolf

No, if Coads had done that it would have been totally understandable if he were sent off for it.

Recklessly went for the challenge, missing the ball and taking the man clean out. The potential for serious damage isn't exclusively about studs.

Red for sure.
How was it a Red when it was clearly changed under a video replay where they see it from all angles? I’ve seen it back plenty of times & a yellow is correct.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
How was it a Red when it was clearly changed under a video replay where they see it from all angles? I’ve seen it back plenty of times & a yellow is correct.

Because the decision on review is totally wrong.

A blind reviewer would see that the man was taken out and contact with the ball came after.....the call on the reckless nature alone says it's red.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
SO.. are there any tech savvy people here who can make a gif of us passing it around Manure???!
The one against Vile was great but to have one against Manure is a dream come true!

R

reanswolf

Only thing that concerned me was the potential for knee and ligament damage, he went straight through him and you simply cannot do that.
Studs are the main cause of deep cuts and scrapes obviously, but damage is not simply created by them.
The one angle of the foul on Jota is particularly damning in my view, and could have really badly injured Diogo.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree it was a yellow. I don't think it was a clear and obvious error though, so the on-field decision shouldn't have been reversed.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching it live at the time I thought immediately a red. Lindelof went in to that challenge to hurt Jota and thank god he didn’t, Jota is a tough bugger. Lindelof got the ball, but only by going through wholeheartedly and taking Jota out. Anyway, VAR is supposed to be for different reasons than a judgement call in real time that could be and was in my opinion correct.
The sublime passing was one of the great moments of the last many years. And it caused Man Utd fans to leave en masse. Are we the youngest squad in the premiership? Anyway, we came of age then.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not completely. I’d be fuming with Coady making a challenge like that.
Not many possible outcomes from that position, and yellow is about the best.

No it’s not, the Refs & VAR officials are impartial & they see it as a yellow. If Coady had put that tackle in you could bet the some would see it the other way.
The reason I said irrelevant is Mr. Wolf said
"I'd be fuming if Coady got sent off for that"
He's not an impartial viewer, whereas the referee is.
When I first saw it I thought it was a sending off offence (which as a Wolves fan could be considered bias), but viewing later after the heat of the moment had gone, I was more convinced. The tackle took out Jota's standing leg, if his studs were more firmly planted, a very serious injury could have happened.

M

Mr Wolf

So what if a serious injury happens, it’s part of the game. Look at Bamba.

Back
Top Bottom