Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do you live local ? Within 10 miles of Molineux . Poll

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molmix has always been for out of town fans primarily. I don't think a lot of locals use it.
Think thats the case for most football forums, they'll always attract a bigger percentage of the teams out of town support. Local fans can chat about Wolves at work, in the pub, with family etc out of town fans have less of an opportunity for this and thats why think places like this are more of a draw.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Presuming one used to post on here Dukinfield Wolf (unless Dukinfield isn't as small as I presume), what happened to him? Was a decent poster
I know him well. He’s a bit of a **** actually!!!

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Born in Darlo, now in Rutland via Walsall and Stoke. Any others in England's smallest county?

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
178 miles....A14 M6 / M6 Toll A460. From Essex, haven't done that trip since Espanyol in Feb 2020...here's hoping I can make the journey again next season

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2.6 mile walk via the Stile Pub on match days.
You win. If driving I usually park up near the Newhampton and stroll in, sometimes veering off to the pubs in and around Chapel Ash, but always visiting The Stile.

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
Luckily both myself and the wife had Irish fathers so have been able to get Irish passports and still be considered EU residents a very welcome loophole. Already having a property there also helps as in the future the talk is part of visa qualification would be based on property price from a non EU country. €500,000 is a figure I’ve seen mentioned plus an income of €24,000 got a good pension so would be okay there I wouldn’t have like to have upgraded property though. These figures differ by region Then the health issue without the Irish passport We would have required private health insurance. If I had been 5 years older I’d have jumped ship pre brexit to be honest.

Residencia otherwise your right though would have been a lot more complexgkad
Glad u love the eu :( But how close do you live to the mol?

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Honestly thought Cannock put me out of the 10 mile bracket. But I'm 9.7m away. I dont feel local if I'm honest

So'ton Wolf

Reaction score
156 miles for me, A34, M40, M42, M6, A454..... on a good day 2.5 hr drive, usually 3 hrs, not to bad driving up
but a **** drive home specially after watching a 0-0 draw with Ipswich on a cold wet Tuesday night

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
101 miles door to door for me with journey time anything from 90 minutes on a perfect day to 3+ hours when the traffic gods are not happy!
Noticed a few Wolves fans in and around the Aylesbury area, always good to see!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very seldom do I see a soccer shirt in a movie, even the few English ones we watch but I hope to see a Wolves first team shirt, ( not the other abominations ), in a movie sometime.
We recently watched a movie about a girl in Wolverhampton who moonlights as a music critic....didn’t see any shirts in the background .

optimuswolf

Reaction score
Does this board consist of a lot of local posters ?
I am more than 60 miles now but grew up with the smell of hops on a saturday morning.....

Should be an option for closer as 10 miles in the west midlands takes you must of the way to Birmingham.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am more than 60 miles now but grew up with the smell of hops on a saturday morning.....

Should be an option for closer as 10 miles in the west midlands takes you must of the way to Birmingham.
Understood , this wasnt about travel, more about why people post on this board and if its effected by how many neighbours and friends have an interest in talking a lot , or every day, about Wolves. I would think you bump in to a lot of Wolves fans between 5 and 10 miles away, and a lot less between 10 and 60 miles. It was just a rough guess.

Coops

Reaction score
You win. If driving I usually park up near the Newhampton and stroll in, sometimes veering off to the pubs in and around Chapel Ash, but always visiting The Stile.
The Newhampton unfortunately isn’t what it used to be...!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very seldom do I see a soccer shirt in a movie, even the few English ones we watch but I hope to see a Wolves first team shirt, ( not the other abominations ), in a movie sometime.
We recently watched a movie about a girl in Wolverhampton who moonlights as a music critic....didn’t see any shirts in the background .
How To Build A Girl?

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
There was a Scandinavian (Swedish?) Cops programme with a limited number of shows that had at least one episode with two young kids in Wolves shirts just a few years back.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that locals are outnumbered by those more than 60 miles away 160 -122! Quite surprising really. As a Londoner who has always supported Wolves I wonder how many of those 160 fans have no connection with the City (like me) as opposed to those who are locally born and moved away? Perhaps 50/50? Slightly OT but I also wonder how many of our fans support Wolves because they came to Wolvo University and got the bug?
This may be one of the reasons you don't seem to be on board with Nuno.

Think about the time we won promotion, reached the semifinal of the Fa cup, beat established European teams, and remember how you felt.
Now imagine that x1000, everyone at work, at the school gates, in the supermarket felt that way, the whole town.

Being so disconnected, and not being able to share that feeling between matches.

That's why the majority will see what Nuno has achieved with us and give him time to return us to those magical times.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may be one of the reasons you don't seem to be on board with Nuno.

Think about the time we won promotion, reached the semifinal of the Fa cup, beat established European teams, and remember how you felt.
Now imagine that x1000, everyone at work, at the school gates, in the supermarket felt that way, the whole town.

Being so disconnected, and not being able to share that feeling between matches.

That's why the majority will see what Nuno has achieved with us and give him time to return us to those magical times.
Interesting response that has got me thinking. Surely being at the games, and I was at many of those you mention, is the important thing? Discussions with mates on matches in the intervening periods I think would do my head in tbh. I accept when you live so far from Molineux, like it seems most/many do on here, you are disconnected from the Club and that is perhaps why so many long-distance fans congregate on here? This is our equivalent to talking Wolves to mates down the pub! I don't think my distance from Molineux has any bearing on Nuno; my view of Nuno is based purely on watching the way he sets up his teams to play. I've just seen Tuchel interviewed on MOTD and he was asked about his playing style. His answer was that he wanted to attack, attack and attack. He then said that in training his players concentrated 90% on offence and just 10% on defence. This amused me as I was trying to imagine Nuno's response to that question which would have been 'to stay in the game, defend solidly and find solutions'!!!!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First eighteen years of my life about five miles away, then about 10 or 12 for three years in uni holidays and about? 80 when at uni. Currently between 30 and 40 I reckon.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Interesting response that has got me thinking. Surely being at the games, and I was at many of those you mention, is the important thing? Discussions with mates on matches in the intervening periods I think would do my head in tbh. I accept when you live so far from Molineux, like it seems most/many do on here, you are disconnected from the Club and that is perhaps why so many long-distance fans congregate on here? This is our equivalent to talking Wolves to mates down the pub! I don't think my distance from Molineux has any bearing on Nuno; my view of Nuno is based purely on watching the way he sets up his teams to play. I've just seen Tuchel interviewed on MOTD and he was asked about his playing style. His answer was that he wanted to attack, attack and attack. He then said that in training his players concentrated 90% on offence and just 10% on defence. This amused me as I was trying to imagine Nuno's response to that question which would have been 'to stay in the game, defend solidly and find solutions'!!!!
Last season you were panicking about him going to arsenal 02E9E081-CD4D-4E24-9E80-43BAEF8B56DA.png

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite Tuchel saying that though, they’re currently sitting in trying to hold on to a lead with just 2 attacking players on the pitch.

Which kind of fits in with a poster the other day who suggested Tuchel is similar to Nuno in approach just with better players.

Edmonton Wolf

Reaction score
Grew up and lived in Stafford went high school in Wolverhampton, was a season ticket holder for a while then moved to Canada in 1995. Always supported Wolves, now I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 6224 km (4115 miles) away per Google but still in touch with Stafford and Wolves friends. I use DAZN to watch all EPL games live and we have a WhatsApp group with my old Stafford mates and the 4 us watch the games and banter for a few hours each game. Thank goodness for social media to connect us especially during these Covid times. More aware of whats going on with Wolves than ever before!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just seen Tuchel interviewed on MOTD and he was asked about his playing style. His answer was that he wanted to attack, attack and attack. He then said that in training his players concentrated 90% on offence and just 10% on defence
Did you watch the semi-final?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Presuming one used to post on here Dukinfield Wolf (unless Dukinfield isn't as small as I presume), what happened to him? Was a decent poster
Dukinfield was a great poster. Proper wolves fan. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it's the one about Caitlin Moran then a) there's some wolves fans on the train with her in one scene, b) she dates an A***** fan, c) what a shocking film. I watched it with my daughter because there's a wolves link, honest

There was some Scandinavian thriller a year or two ago and in one scene the main character is at home and his two kids are both wearing wolves shirt over a meal

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this a poll to see who lives the closest so they get tickets for the last game?

Back
Top Bottom