Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do we need to attack like man city??

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time we played with a centre forward playing off centre halfs shoulder and being the focal point of our attacks

So now you're changing the comment. We've played with a centre forward every game, I believe, this season.

If you want to talk about how well they're doing in the role, then go ahead by all means. But don't make stupid comments like "we are playing without a centre forward as it is."

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I actually analyse City, I think they have plenty of faults and are extremely wasteful in front of goal. Every game, I see them waste chance after chance, Sterling being the main culprit. Having said that, they are so tireless and relentless in their mission and good at what they do, that it doesn’t matter because they create so many, that the law of averages means they will convert one sooner or later. That doesn’t apply to us.

The difference is, they do the simple things 10x better than most other teams. By the simple things, I mean getting the ball under control immediately, pass with speed and accuracy, movement off the ball, positional awareness, winning the ball back quickly when out of possession and giving team mates options all of the time.

These are just basic attributes, you would expect a prem player to have. The difference with City is, they have a squad who can all do most of these things extremely well. Liverpool have also got good numbers, as have Chelsea, hence why these sides are well ahead of the rest.

Daft as this may sound, you don’t have to necessarily be a complete “footballer”, to play at the top level. Many, many players are just particularly good at their specific role but have no other attributes. City however, have a squad of players who are multi talented and unfortunately we don’t.

We, like most other teams have players that do their job well but have limitations when it comes to doing more. I think Neves, Raul (pre injury) and Semedo are the closest we have to being “complete players”.

So, in answer to the OP, I would love us to attack like City but unfortunately we do not have the personnel to play that way. Perhaps in the first 3 games we gave it a damn good go but our shortcomings were highlighted and ultimately we didn’t score a goal or earn a point.

Perhaps given time and if Bruno is backed in the summer window, we will adopt that style but for now I think we will play to our strengths and that is trying not to concede and hopefully nick a goal or two.
Allsomost teams do not hit Man City fast enough on the counter as it is all hands defensively. We have done them and although they clearly a better side they can be got at but it requires immense discipline which Coady Neves and Mouts bring

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So now you're changing the comment. We've played with a centre forward every game, I believe, this season.

If you want to talk about how well they're doing in the role, then go ahead by all means. But don't make stupid comments like "we are playing without a centre forward as it is."
i will leave the stupid to you key board warrior

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it's not working is it ? Here we are , nearly 2/3 through the season , and excluding penalties I think our 2 main strikers have scored a total of 3 goals?? Jimenez 3 , Silva 0..no matter whos to blame or why,,in anyone's eyes,that's an awfully bad return.
So....do we need a striker on the pitch? Man city don't play with one.
Maybe 4 at the back ,and a 6 man " midfield" would work better??....a fit, skilful 6 ,who can pass first time, and shoot.
I'd go neves mouthinio dendonker podence hwang Gibbs white....you?
Man City and Liverpool have goals across the team. Wolves have been built around one main goal scorer and this season and last has really exposed this frailty.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've scored 7 in our last 4 PL games, Man City have scored 8 in their last 4, thanks to burgling a few against Naaarich.

Perhaps we already do attack like them?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've scored 7 in our last 4 PL games, Man City have scored 8 in their last 4, thanks to burgling a few against Naaarich.

Perhaps we already do attack like them?
watched on a stream today, and yes ,I thought we were moving the ball around at times in little first touch triangles.
..like city

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

City miss loads of chances like all of the big sides do, because chance creation is more important than being clinical (which comes and goes for all players)

Back
Top Bottom