Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do Right By (Sir) Billy

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Signed. But suspect he's not from a sky-6 or London club so is irerelevant at the FA as has been proved time and time again.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My one concern about this is there is already a statue. Would having a second statue diminish the first?

Perhaps Billy is more deserving than anyone to be the second statue at Wembley but his true home is Molineux and his wonderful statue is outside the stand that bears his name.

There's a certain mystique to having just one of something. His statue, our statue is the focal point of his legacy. In a way it would be a shame to dilute that.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Sorru but he doesn't deserve a statue at Wembley.

The reasons outlined in the petition are weak.

If you look at it objectively that's the truth.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance the FA will listen. It's too long ago, none of them will have ever seen him play. To them he's just some bloke from the stone age who played for a small provincial team. Plus the point about the 100 caps is that it was reached at a time when England international games weren't 10 a penny, like they are now. But again, none of the little darlings will realise that. I count myself lucky to be one of very few Mixers to have seen him play. But the real disgrace is that he was never knighted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom