Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

DO NOT SELL any of tonights named squad

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Can't see anyone paying what we want for some of them

Liverpool for Gomes ?? they need a defensive midfielder 80m would cover it

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina, Nunes and Neto performances will of attracted many suitors
You forgot Gomes, who was terrific.

Our midfield 3 were superb imo and any suitors should be told to **** off!

FOSUN need to watch their step until the end of the transfer window, or things could get a bit toxic.

I know it is after just one game into the season, but our friendly results and last nights performance showed there is life after Ruben, Raul, Joao, Adama and Conor!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would focus on shipping our Pod and Jonny, even if not for big money.. and getting that little bit of affordable cover in the positions we lack depth.

Selling any of our key players from yesterday will break up the group and they seem very together right now.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Just my opinion but the fact Wolves turned down a £35 million bid by Napoli for Kilman and then giving him a new 5 year contract on improved terms would suggest they wont be having a firesale as they know the squad is smaller and any more sales would have us struggling for the season

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON needs to get his man management out and keep the likes of Fabio and RAN happy, big them up and put your arm round them and get them playing.

I think its good for bueno to have the competition

and Ran is by far our best most exciting fullback
I remain unconvinced by RAN as a FB.
Very exciting going forward but last night, particularly in the first half he was way out of position, often up field, too many times for me, with Kilman then also dragged out of position to cover.

Bueno looked more composed when he came on; he absolutely needs competition but not sure that should be RAN. I dont think we should have two inexperienced FBs vying for the role, particularly when one of them prefers to go marauding upfield and is knackered after 70 mins.

That does not mean I want RAN to go, far from it, but I see him as competition and cover for Neto in the LM/LW slot (although I know Neto played on the right last night!). I think we need a prime Jonny or Marcal type to provide experienced LB cover. Maybe that person is Cresswell, but I worry he is too slow now.

T

TheConcourse

If Shi sells now he’s just shooting himself in the foot.

Brighton have proven that players who keep possession and attack quickly suddenly become very valuable.

This is a group of players who can progress quickly with the ball, and after a good season should see their values 2x.

It would be typical to have the patience with them and sell before they reach a consistently high level.

Don’t do it, Jeff, or I will hunt you down and steal your slippers.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is likely Liverpool will come sniffing around Nunes again after their recent failures in the market re a central midfielder. If a bid came in over £60m I think Shi would definitely have to consider it. Anything less would be a complete waste of time. Not in favour of selling Nunes at all and it is getting very late in the Window so any possible replacements would be second class. But all will depend on the true financial status of the club. The fact it can't seemingly even consider the loan market at the moment never mind bring in a CB for around £10m is worrying to say the least.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remain unconvinced by RAN as a FB.
Very exciting going forward but last night, particularly in the first half he was way out of position, often up field, too many times for me, with Kilman then also dragged out of position to cover.

Bueno looked more composed when he came on; he absolutely needs competition but not sure that should be RAN. I dont think we should have two inexperienced FBs vying for the role, particularly when one of them prefers to go marauding upfield and is knackered after 70 mins.

That does not mean I want RAN to go, far from it, but I see him as competition and cover for Neto in the LM/LW slot (although I know Neto played on the right last night!). I think we need a prime Jonny or Marcal type to provide experienced LB cover. Maybe that person is Cresswell, but I worry he is too slow now.
I see your point and partly agree. But coaches are there to improve players and I don't see why Ait-Nouri's defensive work can't be improved. Very exciting going forward as you say and yes definitely a useful back up cover for the winger berth. Definitely don't sell and in any case we would lose 50% of any profit on him based on the original transfer agreement.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with the sentiment. If I could part with one of our big players i suppose it would be RAN as Bueno is so good

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our team can keep those kind of performances up (and add some goals) their stock will raise accordingly.. we’ve got a few players who could go for 60mill+ with a decent season this year.

Doesn’t make sense to sell them right now.. season is just getting started, they’re playing for each other and we’re gonna struggle to replace them in this market.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I think if Fosun sell anyone significant now Jeff will find out how toxic Molineux can be real quick.

i am never too certain how making molineux toxic helps anything. If anything it destabilizes the team and hurts performance.. Getting behind the team with voluble support likely helps performance. Might even make a sale more likely…

just saying

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i am never too certain how making molineux toxic helps anything. If anything it destabilizes the team and hurts performance.. Getting behind the team with voluble support likely helps performance. Might even make a sale more likely…

just saying
Where did I say toxicity helps? Molineux becoming toxic is a reaction to events. My point was if we sell any more of the first team we could expect the crowd to be v angry at Fosun / Jeff.
Yes of course getting behind the team is positive and helpful… but people also feel the need to express their feelings from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom