Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Djed Spence

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no way did we spend £30+ million pounds on a player who is just beginning to figure out the league and adjust only to replace him with some bloke for £5 million. We have depth in the right back position, and is not one that we need to bring in a player for.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no way did we spend £30+ million pounds on a player who is just beginning to figure out the league and adjust only to replace him with some bloke for £5 million. We have depth in the right back position, and is not one that we need to bring in a player for.
Unless we are going with 6 at the back

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnick would never sell to Nuno will get the player if he is leaving to go to one of the others. Hates Wolves and especially Nuno’s management team. Who I think he once referred to as the worse he had come across in all his years in football. Nobhead.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnick would never sell to Nuno will get the player if he is leaving to go to one of the others. Hates Wolves and especially Nuno’s management team. Who I think he once referred to as the worse he had come across in all his years in football. Nobhead.
PlaintiveUnsightlyCaribou-max-1mb.gif

actually tbf if he's ever done something good it was that sheff utd game vs the tesco bag ****ers

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know he doesn’t exactly see eye to eye with Nuno, but pretty sure I’ve only heard Warnock speak highly of Wolves otherwise.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he doesn’t exactly see eye to eye with Nuno, but pretty sure I’ve only heard Warnock speak highly of Wolves otherwise.

Hes spoken highly of us as a club & Nuno not long ago in fairness.

All that stuff with Cardiff is heat of the battle type stuff.

Also hilarious to think Warnock would have a say in a transfer like that.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes spoken highly of us as a club & Nuno not long ago in fairness.

All that stuff with Cardiff is heat of the battle type stuff.

Also hilarious to think Warnock would have a say in a transfer like that.
He may not have a say but the player and his representatives will and Warnock is a well respected persuasive individual. A word in a young players ear and he would likely listen.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We might do if we think we overpaid but could recoup a lot of that without him losing too much value.
Mendes's transfer values often don't make sense when the objective is to shift money round the circle

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sold Semedo for 30m then no brainier we’ve lost what 2m as the rest was in add ons?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not according to the Boro fans on their forum. Bang average apparently who isn’t great at defending (so might fit in well with us).
Do they really believe that or is it the usual BS hoping to put potential interest off, lol....

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we are going with 6 at the back

As opposed to the usual 9!
Semedo is finally showing he's adapting to the league/ his role in our team so would be disappointed to lose him now ( and I was one of Docs biggest fans) .
Not gonna happen but £5m seems very cheap for a player with " exceptional ability".

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boro are skint now that their parachute payments have gone, they are in a position where they need to sell someone each year to keep investing. Big reason why the Boro chairmen was so against teams like Derby/Villa selling their stadiums to themselves to get around FFP.

If the offer is right then they won't be turning us down, no matter what Warnock wants.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he any good?
Well my wife and daughter, both Boro fans, think he’s excellent, and don’t want to see him leave. They don’t really understand what some of the other Boro fans are on about!

He’s fast, plays RCB but gets forward, has won awards and had Jose singing his praises last year. Came through Fulham’s youth and was linked to some London PL clubs earlier in the season. Seems his star amongst some Boro fans waned after talk of this interest and a feeling he was looking to move. Despite that, he has been a regular in Boro’s first team all season either starting or as a sub and Warnock wouldn’t play him if his heart wasn’t in it.

I think he could fit into our team as the RCB in a back four, with Boly and Coady in the middle, and Marcal (if he can stay fit) as LCB. In that setup, Semedo could play further forward on the wing if Traore leaves, but able to provide cover for Spence or drop back into his current wing back role when we are playing with a back three. We’ve done plenty of business with Boro before, and they need to sell to buy and Warnock has a shopping list this summer.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the Boro - Blackburn game on TV the first time we were linked to him. Thought he was an OK Champo full back - certainly gets forward, but he didn't strike me as outstanding. That said, I would far rather buy the best Champo players than get someone else off the Mendes carousel and get shafted in the process.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not even close to being one of the best players in the Championship though is he. Can’t see this being true at all tbh.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add to my prior post…

Warnock said: "There are not many players where you can say it's all up to them personally how far they go - it's what's between the ears. He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know.

"Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He's got the tools, there's no doubt about that."

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He may not have a say but the player and his representatives will and Warnock is a well respected persuasive individual. A word in a young players ear and he would likely listen.
A players agent would laugh in the face of any manager who tried to influence them away from a club for a petty grievance. He'd have 0 say

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A players agent would laugh in the face of any manager who tried to influence them away from a club for a petty grievance. He'd have 0 say
Okay if that’s what you think. Your wrong of course most agents have no standing in the game to laugh in the face of a manager of Warnock's standing. A super agent maybe but I don’t think that Spence is represented by a Mendes or Miniola?? I’m telling you now a young player faced with a choice between multiple clubs as seems he will be will tap into Warnock's knowledge of what may be best for a young players career.

Agents arnt really that powerful save to say for a very limited few. So your lad comes home and says my agent (who is not very knowledgeable about the football world) says I should be going Wolves but Neil (with 50yrs football knowledge) said it may be a better move for my career to go elsewhere. I’d tell my lad to tell the agent to **** right off.

Let’s just agree to disagree and leave it there.

Last edited:

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not really clear from this thread, is he a RB (where we already have talent in Hoever) or a RCB who goes into a five? Or both?

If it’s the former it suggests Semedo is toast which is a real shame but suggests we might move to a four.

If it’s the second it suggests we’re staying as a five which is not the evolution that has been spoken of. If it’s both then don’t we already have lots of players and in our reserves too who can do that job?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not really clear from this thread, is he a RB (where we already have talent in Hoever) or a RCB who goes into a five? Or both?

If it’s the former it suggests Semedo is toast which is a real shame but suggests we might move to a four.

If it’s the second it suggests we’re staying as a five which is not the evolution that has been spoken of. If it’s both then don’t we already have lots of players and in our reserves too who can do that job?
Something I thought about when I saw we were 1st interested or reported that we were. More questions than answers from this link for sure.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, as Nuno says we need a stronger squad, then this type of move does make sense. Young, English with potential, and a defensive orientated fullback who doesn't get skimmed a lot.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, as Nuno says we need a stronger squad, then this type of move does make sense. Young, English with potential, and a defensive orientated fullback who doesn't get skimmed a lot.
Not averse at all to signing English players if they have the ability and the price is right. Just because they are English though? Nah.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be a player we've identified who will develop into someone much better than he is right now.

A speculation for accumulation

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has been playing in both a back four and a back three on the right side for Boro. Thought that’s what Hoever offers for us? It does make me wonder a little if Semedo is to be moved further forward if there is any truth to this.

Price being talked about in the local press is £5m plus add-ons.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I feared the worst when I saw the thread title

Back
Top Bottom