Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Disgraceful pricing

D

Deleted member 4594

I do emphasise. No body likes price rises. However, given all of the investment and previous discussion on the implications of FFP, l'm not particularly surprised. Disappointed, yes.
We’ll see where it goes I would imagine my ticket will be 600 pound in a couple of years. I’ll just end up only going to 5 or 6 away games.

D

Deleted member 4594

Or like me - who went home and away from the early 90s till 2011, when we had our first child - money and time needed to be spent elsewhere, doesn't make me less of a fan. Now my daughter is old enough to come with me I'd love a season ticket but am on the waiting list.
And by the way haven't missed a home game this season
Fair enough. 4998 people who couldn’t be bothered.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In 1990 it was £3 for a child in the John Ireland family enclosure - £3.50 ish a game this season, not bad at all.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how many who are upset at the price increase won’t renew ?
On this, I stopped with my season ticket in the 2000s when my first daughter was born as I couldn't afford it. I had different priorities and have no issue with that: things had changed at Molineux immesurably since the late 80s when it was three quid to get on the SB as a youth. Some things had changed for the better, the stadium was wonderful and the players were (sometimes) better, and some for the worse, the atmosphere that I expereinced in the games against West Ham and West Brom in the early 90s would never be replicated as you'll never get the same emotion in seated areas, even if you stand up all through the match, there just isn't that embodiment of fans next to you, moving as one.

I still went to watch them, just not all home games and 10x away games a season. Since then I've gone less and less. I could afford a season ticket now, but I'm not going to pay the prices and the time away from my family is an issue. I would love to go now with my young family but I think it's too expensive when you're looking at £100+ for a day out.

It really is about priorities. Wolves are not a 'product', but a love. Sometimes they become an addiction. As with any love and especially any addiction, those who really need it will find and spend the money on it. Those who think it is too much should probably give it up. Being resentful about spending money on something which you feel is not reciprocating quite often leads to hate and bitterness.

I still love Wolves, but I can love them occasionally and leave them be after the match. I know what it's like to have your whole weekend ruined by a another poor performance and won't take that chance with my money again, but equally, the experience of watching them win is like nothing else.

The reason that there are so many heated responses is because following a football is all about emotion. It's not a business for us and in that sense it's wonderful to see the debate here, which in general is fairly measured over something so divisive.

For me I hope the club expands the stadium so we can all afford to go. It will take time and money and I think this is probably one of the steps in that direction.

K

KiwiWolf

It really is about priorities. Wolves are not a 'product', but a love. Sometimes they become an addiction. As with any love and especially any addiction, those who really need it will find and spend the money on it. Those who think it is too much should probably give it up.

..... yes, a bit like the white powder so many members of the "brain dead" fraternity found money for on Sunday.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£3 quid a game extra. If you can't make up £3 quid a week then you shouldn't be buying a ST full stop. Get a grip.

But it's their divine right as a supporter to attend every home game. Who cares if they can afford it or not, they should be there because something something working class (conveniently ignoring the fact that anyone who could be genuinely considered to be working class would struggle to find so much disposable income for what equates to a luxury purchase).

M

Mowgli

Just had a look at Spurs prices. Adult tickets start just shy of £800. We'd better hope and pray that we don't get into the top four and develop our ground.......oh, hang on....

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing ell, just been over shop for bottle of milk. Its gone up from £1 to £1.10. ****ing 10%.
Was still the same bottle, from the same shelf, served by the same woman.

Could of took it on the chin if, it was a top flight, competing with the best of the rest sorta bottle, but no just an average championship bottle and i got to find that 10% every time. Life sucks don't it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£3 quid a game extra. If you can't make up £3 quid a week then you shouldn't be buying a ST full stop. Get a grip.
In that case maybe they should increase them more? How about £6 a game extra? Anyone that can't afford that shouldn't have a season ticket anyway.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll see where it goes I would imagine my ticket will be 600 pound in a couple of years. I’ll just end up only going to 5 or 6 away games.
Can i use your silver ticket then bud;)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing ell, just been over shop for bottle of milk. Its gone up from £1 to £1.10. ****ing 10%.

Could of took it on the chin if, it was a top flight, competing with the best of the rest sorta bottle, but no just an average championship bottle and i got to find that 10% every time. Life sucks don't it.
Our club is not a ****ing bottle of milk.

D

Deleted member 3751

If we expand the ground in the future I would hope that the club would be more generous with ticket pricing. I think they could also be more creative with offers - say Saturday or midweek match memberships to tailor things for different supporters. Could possibly get a bit complicated I suppose though.

That's the only way really. Unless they did STs in the Graham Hughes stand we don't have areas as such that they could justifiably price lower than seats adjacent to them. Could you imagine someone in J3 being charged £100 more than someone in J2 just because they're a bit more central?!

There's also not a huge disparity between our cheapest and most expensive seats like there is at many other grounds, and even then the cheapest ones are generally in short supply. Man City have their most expensive at over £900 and cheapest at £310 - which is great (they need to because they rarely fill the stadium), but there are only 2000 available at that price in a 55k stadium.

With our stadium so 'uniform' (except for the North Bank) an expansion is the best way to structure it so there can be areas with more affordable STs as well as more premium seats, but that's a few years off. Until then, it is unfortunately just a case of demand far outstripping supply

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5000 people who couldn’t be ***** when we were **** are now ready to take our place.

Modern football is great.
But thats the same in all walks of life, not just football. People see something doing well and want to join in, been the same since i was a kid, isnt it called 'trends'?

lycophilos

Reaction score
In 2012 my season ticket was £345.

In 2019 my season ticket is £520.

An increase of 50%.

Your point is wrong, so please stop repeating it.

I repeated it, because no one had contradicted the original poster on it! I couldn't either confirm or deny it because I'm not an long term Wolves fan, so had no knowledge of the situation.

You have now apparently done so. So thank you.

Now it's up to you and others to consider whether the difference in the situation of the club/team in 2019 justifies the increase, after taking the 15% or so general inflation into account.

And taking into account the prices at equivalent Premier League clubs.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we have a bigger stand, do you expect people who have been priced out previously to just come back?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not true though. It has a big impact on the wages we can pay. Clubs can only increase their wage by a certain % unless it is covered by NONE TV revenue. So as we aren’t currently in a position to bring in the kind of sponsorship the top teams do, but want to compete with them we have to maximise every possible revenue stream.

Once we do have the bigger sponsorships etc then they can reduce ticket prices without it having an affect.

The real issue is Transfers and wages are far too high and need capping and that FFP is not fit for purpose. That is the issue that needs to be solved otherwise Wolves will be at a disadvantage if they charge lower prices.

Are you Lauries spokesman.Cuz ya surely sound like one.Every post of yours sounds as though it's come from the club.

Rockstar Wolf

Reaction score
Can you not move to a cheaper part of ground and make a saving on last year? Not sure if club allow that.
I'm looking into it, but as we sit as a family, it's going to be tricky to find the amount of seats we need together.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I repeated it, because no one had contradicted the original poster on it! I couldn't either confirm or deny it because I'm not an long term Wolves fan, so had no knowledge of the situation.

Now it's up to you and others to consider whether the difference in the situation of the club/team in 2019 justifies the increase, after taking the 15% or so general inflation into account.

Which equivalent clubs? We've been at this level for 1 season, you can't compare us to a Leicester side that won the league only a few years ago and an Everton side that has been at this level for a long time now.

D

Deleted member 4594

Apologies, my reply was a bit harsh :D

D

Deleted member 3573J

And that the people of Wolverhampton only understand money in terms of fags and pints?

I thought pretty much all Wolves fans used this system to calculate their outgoings? Two bags of marbles on payday, red ones for fags, green for beer, then lay them out on the table - 1 red marble = 20 fags, 2 green marbles = 1 pint. Then when it comes round to season ticket renew time, knock 5 red marbles and 10 green marbles off the table then jump up and down screaming 'I can afford to go, I can afford to go'.

lycophilos

Reaction score
Which equivalent clubs? We've been at this level for 1 season, you can't compare us to a Leicester side that won the league only a few years ago and an Everton side that has been at this level for a long time now.

There's not much else you can do for a comparison. The situation of no two clubs is exactly equivalent.

It can be argued both ways. It could be argued that precisely because Wolves are trying to establish themselves where Leicester and Everton are already, Wolves would be more justified than Leicester/Everton in charging higher prices, for the time being.

I'm not arguing that by the way. Just saying that there is more than one way to look at this.

As an outsider (not an actual Wolves fan, merely a Wolves admirer) it seems to me that unless Wolves are charging very much more than the Leicester/Watford/Everton brigade, it isn't that unreasonable.

Whether the whole financial set-up of modern football worldwide is a reasonable/desirable situation, is a different issue.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought pretty much all Wolves fans used this system to calculate their outgoings? Two bags of marbles on payday, red ones for fags, green for beer, then lay them out on the table - 1 red marble = 20 fags, 2 green marbles = 1 pint. Then when it comes round to season ticket renew time, knock 5 red marbles and 10 green marbles off the table then jump up and down screaming 'I can afford to go, I can afford to go'.
I thought Wolverhampton was essentially like prison. We just pay for goods and services with booze and cigarettes.
The club ceased to accept payments in this format back in the 80s. The more financially astute amongst us set up currency exchanges. The exchange rates were usually broadcast to the fans via the song "Everywhere we go"

Death Owl

Reaction score
Said it on the other thread, wait for all the part timers who were panicking about not having enough points for Wembley saying we should be grateful to pay it :rolleyes:
Couldn't agree more. If we were to have a bad season next year they will be out in force. I was at Wembley and heard a few, '' Nuno hasn't got a clue'' shouts. It can very quickly change and I bet a few of these supporters wouldn't renew if we struggle next season.

A

Amiga-wolf

I have supported Wolves for over 40 years, most of that time I have been watching pretty mediocre football. If someone had offered me a 14% increase in season ticket prices, for the football and investment we are getting now, I would have ripped their arm off. Wolves are back on the map of English and possibly world football, great times ahead.

As for Fosun not needing the money, that is a stupid argument, I would be more worried if Fosun wasn't looking at how to maximise income, anything less would be negligent and poor running of our club.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have yow lost ya marbles.:p

M

Mr Wolf

It’s the principle not the cost for me. There’s that stat from 16/17 where every PL club can afford to let every single fan in for free to all games & still make as much money as last season with the TV deals.

So if their profits have gone up how come their main stakeholders, fans haven’t benefited a single bit from it whilst all the fat cats who don’t play the game have?

Are you happy lining an agents pocket, an FA stooge, what about the guy on £3m a season who then has a £2m bonus?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did the woman get a 10% wage increase ? I doubt it !

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have a quite well paid job aged 25 so will pay it but this price rise doesn't look good. A lot of people (mainly around my age) will struggle to pay these prices. A new price bracket for 21-25s (in line with minimum wage brackets set by HMRC) should be considered.

2 years ago i was paying £299 now i'm paying £514 and before that £199 in the U21 bracket.
That’s a damn good idea about the 21-25 year olds. Think it should go to the Fan’s parliament.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I would feel easier with is if the club announce that when the stadium is expanded they will be looking to reduce the tickets incrementally to make it affordable for all and the reason for these price increases is purely due to the capacity to demand ratio limiting their options.

In the medium to long term we should collectively be campaigning for £20 tickets IMO not squabbling between ourselves
Very good point. I was hoping that when the ground expansion occurs, affordable seats for the less well off would be available. Doesn’t look like it.

Back
Top Bottom