Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'Disastrous': Paul Merson predicts who will win between Wolves and Arsenal tomorrow

• Thread starter Giuseppe Labellarte
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giuseppe Labellarte

Arsenal are now in a pretty precarious position as far as their Premier League title hopes are concerned.

Just a week ago, the Gunners were in the driver’s seat and still dreaming of reaching the Champions League semi-finals.

However, Arsenal’s shock home loss to Aston Villa – combined with Liverpool’s defeat to Crystal Palace – handed Manchester City the advantage.

The Gunners need to quickly pick themselves up and prepare to go again in the league, with a trip to Wolves now on the cards.

Gary O’Neil’s charges are currently 11th in the table and have recorded some good results in recent weeks.

For instance, Wolves have beaten Chelsea twice this season and also defeated Tottenham in February.

Paul Merson has now previewed Saturday’s fixture between Wolves and Arsenal, and given his results prediction on Sportskeeda.

Who does Paul Merson think will win between Wolves and Arsenal?​

Merson believes Arsenal have “thrown away the league” and acknowledges it’ll be a hard game for them, but reckons they’ll have enough to pick up a 2-1 win.

“How quickly does football change? All of a sudden, Arsenal are up against it and their season has unraveled in the past week,” wrote Merson.

“I always thought this was going to be a hard game but it’s so much more difficult now after their results against Aston Villa and Bayern Munich.

“The Bavarians were by far the better team in the second half and I have no qualms in admitting that Arsenal got dominated.

“Their season could just fizzle out in the coming weeks, but they won’t want to let that happen. They have to win all their remaining games in the Premier League and see where it takes them.

“If Arsenal manage to get wins against Wolves, Chelsea and Tottenham in their next three games, then Manchester City will need to win each of their remaining games to seal the title.

“This will be a hard game for the Gunners away from home, but they will look to respond after what has been a disastrous week.

“They’ve thrown away the league and if we’re being really honest, they never really looked like beating one of the weakest Bayern Munich sides in ages.

“They are so close, yet so far out in terms of winning trophies.”

TBR View​

Wolves away are a difficult proposition, and Arsenal are rattled. And Wolves know that Arsenal are rattled.

The hosts will look to unsettle their opponents and I reckon the Gunners will take another big blow with regards to the title race. I reckon it’ll be a 1-1 draw.

The post 'Disastrous': Paul Merson predicts who will win between Wolves and Arsenal tomorrow appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom