Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dion Sanderson

kentish wolf

Reaction score
My Sunderland supporting cousin is raving about Sanderson, I know that it is only league 1 but he reckons that Dion is real quality
Don't know if there has already been a thread on this but he sounds like one for the future

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve read twitters from Sunderland supporters and they are all raving about him saying he’s too good to be playing there and is a premiership player in the making. Have we got the centre back under our noses ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Was there ever a reason given as to why he went to L1 when he'd done well in the Champ previously? Glad he's doing well though, definitely a talent, is he playing CH there?

Edit, seen loans thread thanks, middle of a back 3 apparently.

Last edited:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seen a little of him and to be honest I too have been impressed with him. I’m sure Nuno will integrate him into the squad soon.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had a handful of good games in L1. Let him play out the rest of this season, out on loan in the championship next half of next season and then see where he is. He'll be 22 then so still has plenty of time.

He's getting lots of great reviews and needs to keep playing.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am guessing that Nuno wanted him to be played at cb regularly to learn consistency and concentration. He has good skills and pace.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another tweet: Johnny Evans could read a game like a book. So much talent. I loved him in that promotion season. Dion Sanderson is still learning and he's going to be up there in a few years. A prospect and Wolves are lucky to have him.

Also - Dion Sanderson has been absolutely brilliant this season for us, MOTM for me today. Need him to sign for us permanently or on loan again with an option to buy. Wolves have an absolute brilliant defender here and wouldn’t be surprised if he reacted first team.

And short and to the point: Dion Sanderson is just ****ing phenomenal isn't he. What an unbelievable player Wolves have on their books.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Sanderson necessarily chose to drop a league, I think it's more likely only Sunderland showed serious interest

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weren't we happy to sell him in the summer?

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't we happy to sell him in the summer?

Yes thats what I thought....... didnt he have a falling out with Nuno? Don't believe he has much of a chance of getting a look in at Wolves, which seems a pity going by the praise he's getting and from what he showed in his couple of games for the first team.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know he was very disappointed at getting dropped for the play offs.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes thats what I thought....... didnt he have a falling out with Nuno? Don't believe he has much of a chance of getting a look in at Wolves, which seems a pity going by the praise he's getting and from what he showed in his couple of games for the first team.
Nuno had a disagreement with Cutrone but still brought him back just because we needed a bit of cover I’m sure if Sanderson continues to improve that wouldn’t be an issue

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope he get's a fair chance to see if he can cut it in the prem. He's not a Mendes client, which might be a barrier to his progression into the first team.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad he is doing well, but who is he currently a better cb than?
Coady? Boly.?Kilman?Saiss? Donk? Or even Hoever.
Any other cb we bring in or who return to the fold have to be a definite upgrade imo. We have plenty of decent defenders, if we are too improve we need to replace the decent with the top 4 in the Premier league quality.
Maybe Kilman or Sanderson could be those players. I hope so.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Centre back. Played right back on loan at Cardiff mostly plays centre back on loan at Sunderland

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds like he would be perfect for the RCB role as he has experience of playing both CB and RB - it’s good for the wide CBs to be comfortable when drawn out of position onto the flanks.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a bit blinkered. I suppose what I'm really saying is (and maybe not for discussion here) is that despite all the decent (and then some) signings made possible by our association with Mendes, I just hope players coming through from within, are given a decent chance to show us what they can/can't do. That's all. For example, I think Otasowie's been a bit "unlucky" not to have more minutes, in his natural position.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lifelong Sunderland supporting mate, texted me after yesterday's game, saying that the 'Sunderland Man At The Match,' reported he had given Dion an 8/10, for his Imperious display.

Their supporters are constantly raving about him.

REALLY hope we keep him and integrate him into the team, before too long.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Excellent news. Hope his progression continues and gets into the first team squad next season.

Pleased for the lad...

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
This is what the load system is all about - giving them the chance to gain experience and build confidence in a first team environment. Some of the very best players were sent out on loan early doors. He always looked like he had genuine potential - really pleased for the lad.

The club will be closely monitoring his performances and it will get back to Nuno.

How’s Matheson doing at Ipswich? Any reports?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How’s Matheson doing at Ipswich? Any reports?

His debut he played well then he was on the bench, then played 90 minutes and he was on the bench again in the 4 games so far. It’s fair enough as he’s a young lad and hasn’t played regular games for a while

there is a loan thread where I update on all the loan players

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a bit blinkered. I suppose what I'm really saying is (and maybe not for discussion here) is that despite all the decent (and then some) signings made possible by our association with Mendes, I just hope players coming through from within, are given a decent chance to show us what they can/can't do. That's all. For example, I think Otasowie's been a bit "unlucky" not to have more minutes, in his natural position.
That’s not even close to what you stated. Im paraphrasing for ease but you wrote ‘not being a Mendes client could be a barrier to his progression’. You know what you wrote and why you wrote it. To now say you meant ‘because the Mendes clients are quite good’ is disingenuous and takes us for fools.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not even close to what you stated. Im paraphrasing for ease but you wrote ‘not being a Mendes client could be a barrier to his progression’. You know what you wrote and why you wrote it. To now say you meant ‘because the Mendes clients are quite good’ is disingenuous and takes us for fools.
Listen if you think I'm trying to make fools out of my fellow Wolves fans, then you're wrong. I'm not. Get that into your head. Yes, rightly or wrongly, I worry that talent coming through the ranks may be stifled by our links with Mendes. In fact, while I'm here, I worry that talent from outside will not be considered because they're not on Mendes's books. Try not to twist my words and question my character please.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen if you think I'm trying to make fools out of my fellow Wolves fans, then you're wrong. I'm not. Get that into your head. Yes, rightly or wrongly, I worry that talent coming through the ranks may be stifled by our links with Mendes. In fact, while I'm here, I worry that talent from outside will not be considered because they're not on Mendes's books. Try not to twist my words and question my character please.
Well done try and rewrite history and I’m tickety-boo.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not many CHs in the PL under the age of 24. Plenty of time for him to develop on loan, hopefully in Championship next year. He needs to be playing to improve so bringing him back next season would be pointless unless we get a Liverpool-esque run on injuries to our CHs.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit I didn't think he stood out for our u23s but it sounds like getting some proper experience is doing him the world of good.

Even if he doesn't make it with us it'll be nice to know we helped him develop. I dearly hope he does make it with us though!

Let's not raise our expectations too much and instead enjoy the fact that one of our own is impressing.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly let him get regular game time at Sunderland first before we come on here suggesting we get him back here and put him with the first team squad, he needs game time in a settled position and his best position is centre back.

Back
Top Bottom