Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be gutted to see Jota leave. Even more so if it was for fairly average money

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why are we selling when the squad is thin ffs I will be absoultt fuming if we sell him, he's just scored his first international goal. looked lively and quality ill be ****ed off if this is just to keep traore in the front 3

westside wolf

Reaction score
if we sell him, regardless of cost, we need an established replacement right away. Hoever for Doc is already a downgrade.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondering nunos comments about kilman and jota whether we have 2 replacements lined up

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
jota will never get on the pitch for liverpool unless they sell salah

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I really don’t like if this happens is the precedent it sets with us selling our players to the “top 6”. Surely this is going to make others players more likely to seek moves elsewhere?
But the fans last night were telling us that 7th isn't our ceiling?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter madness if we sell him don't have any other player with his work rate or ability I'm not at all happy with this or the Doherty sale.

That will leave us 5 players short in the squad and far weaker as a team then last season.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To comment on the Podence/Jota comparison; they're both excellent footballers, and I have great hopes for Podence this coming season, however he isn't the goal threat that Jota is, nor is he as two-footed as Jota. He'll probably create more than Diogo (and still grab a few goals) but IMO we're losing goals when comparing the two.

I hope he stays.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30-40million would represent a good return for a player that badly struggles for consistency and has essentially gone missing for half a season in the last 2 years. Appreciate what he's done for us, especially in the Championship but Podence is a better option on the left wing and Neto probably is too.
Agreed with this. £30 million plus would be a good return.

I just fear the mendes dealfest commencing and a Doherty esque fee. Liverpool are rarely big spenders for support players and I sense Jota is worth more to us than he is to Liverpool's budget for a reserve.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm unhappy if we're selling Jota, who while inconsistent, has received some very unfair criticism. Let's hope that there are some really good surprises to come if it's true! Given our incoming and outgoing business there should be some serious money in the pot.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The emergence of Podence is a definite bonus, which would make the transfer of Diogo, if it were to happen, less painful.
As others have said , Diogo has been somewhat inconsistent of late and with our latest, new additions, perhaps it's no surprise that he may be moving on.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 17658
This guy was the first to mention it last night too, would make sense given last night...
‘Forcing’? If true, perhaps he wants to win something. After our dire capitulation v Stoke ‘second XI‘, he probably thinks it is a very long way off at Wolves. Particularly considering Arteta won the FA Cup in his first season in charge at Arsenal.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst thing is, as little as I know about him, at the start of the window if someone turned and ask me would you take a potential wonder kid in Fabio Silva, here you go here is all the YouTube clips, articles comparing him for greatness... Oh and Diogo Jota will be leaving in his place.. my answer would have been a resounding no. No no no. Never.

Right now assuming Jota does leave, even with the 4 signings we have made (including the Liverpool kid) our TEAM has got worse.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be disappointed as I was with the transfer of Doc. if the above is true.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell Fosun show some balls. If we lose Jota to Liverpool it will be a huge blow to all fans and to the rest of the squad. Yes if they are offering an astronomical sum ie £70m plus but I suspect it will be more like £25m plus which would be hopeless. Surely we are not going to let one of our best players go to a major rival in such a pathetic way? Only 23 at the beginning of an international career, come on Fosun surely you cannot agree to this. It would be devastating. Does explain why they were sniffing around Pepe however so perhaps this has been on the cards for a while. What a poor Window by the club already and now add this as a final devastating blow. Who wants to join a club that sells it's best assets....particularly on the cheap as I suspect this would be. Would need a minimum of £40m to even begin to replace him and I doubt very much we would be able to find a player of his fire, skill and commitment..

Doc was bad enough but this is beginning to feel like a retreat with the shadow of Mendes's wheeling and dealing hanging over things. I really hope fans everywhere make their feelings felt even if it is difficult in the current climate. I thought we were aiming to bring down the top six, now it seems we are only too ready to sell to them and widen the gap even further. I don't believe Jota is replaceable at short notice even assuming we got the £40m-£50m minimum he is worth. A bad week for the club and surely Nuno does not want to let go of such an asset and put even more pressure on his 18 year old to fill the gap that would be left.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Forcing’? If true, perhaps he wants to win something. After our dire capitulation v Stoke ‘second XI‘, he probably thinks it is a very long way off at Wolves. Particularly considering Arteta won the FA Cup in his first season in charge at Arsenal.
Nah tinpot trophy, ain't it @MoxleyWolf .

Back
Top Bottom