Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa - available on a free?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so sure this can have legs.
He and his agent will surely be looking for a longer contract than we would want to offer.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, with VAR, does anyone else think there's too much risk with someone like Costa?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if he’s not at his best, I just think he’s one of those signings that just raises everyone’s game. From his first training session everyone will be in awe of having a player of his pedigree around and his winning mentality and competitiveness will rub off on everyone.
This. 100%

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an absolute ****house.

Yes, I would take him all day long.

Would prefer Jovic but I won’t be unhappy with either.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

And if you see a separate green dot moving rapidly over the map, that’ll be Hulk rampaging across a mountain range, desperate to get here to wear the old gold.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure. If anything, we need a bit more of a ******* streak in the team, we are way too soft IMO
Jota had that bit of aggression that I loved. Costa is a different level though. I think we would all take half the player he was at Chelsea, but with his recent injuries is he even that?

grubbyears

Reaction score
Anyone following the private jet yet.. Is one on standby at Madrid Airport...

There is a Valair private jet on standby at Madrid airport landed on Sunday !

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone following the private jet yet.. Is one on standby at Madrid Airport...

There is a Valair private jet on standby at Madrid airport landed on Sunday !

Don't get me started on this again!

One flew from Athens to London today ;)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hasn't look like he's given a **** for years. Barely ran around for Atletico.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if you want Silva to become a psycopathic mentalist
Yeah, Diego Costa Mentoring 101: if you can leave something on the defender, it's your duty to do so; if any defender dares respond to your constant niggling with any physicality go down and have a little roll around the floor; spend half the game watching the ref to make sure you can get away with the dark arts moves; and most importantly apply your pomade with a trowel.

He was once a massive player. Now he's just massive.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 goals in 61 league games his past four seasons in La Liga. Would appear to have lost his mojo and looking for his last big pay-packet.

Hard pass from me.

PTW

Reaction score
Not going to be popular my opinion here but I wouldn’t want him even for 6 months. He looks finished to play at the highest level. Having said that he is a Mendes client so ...

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I could really see this happening if we had top 6 possibility this season, I think he'd be a great fit and just what we need.
However this season appears to be about consolidation, mid table with a young set of lads makes next season very interesting if we're building I'd expect us to look at cheaper options or options that smat of "for the future"

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love this to happen. However I don’t think you terminate a lucrative contract with Atletico to sign for Wolves - or probably anyone in the PL or be honest.

I suspect he is China bound.

Reaction score
3 reasons I don't think he'll come. First, I don't think his ego would allow him to join a club like Wolves. Secondly, I'm not sure Nuno would want to handle a big name like him - it's not the sort of player he goes for. And the main reason is that we probably could afford his wage demands.

17miles

Reaction score
Given his recent injury issues and lack of games since going to Athletico are we really going to gamble on bringing him in and having him on the treatment table for the next 6 months. If this happened we would be back to Silva being the sole striker for the remainder of the season.
We would need to invest and convince a second striker to come in.
I would prefer to go after a younger striker like Jovic or Maxi Gomez.

Back
Top Bottom