Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dicko out for Reading game

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@sportbbcwm: #wolves: Nouha Dicko won't play at Reading, to allow more time to get hamstring right. No loan signing expected before weekend. #wwfc

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for Leon Clarke to show a bit. Macca too.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least they are trying to think ahead and prevent a more lengthy layoff. If we score more than 1 goal now i'll be surprised!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least they are trying to think ahead and prevent a more lengthy layoff. If we score more than 1 goal now i'll be surprised!

I'd be happy with one goal based on our goalscoring record to date.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think McAlindon should start. Leon Clarke has had plenty of chances to show what he can do and lets be honest, he hasn't been very impressive.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@sportbbcwm: #wolves: Nouha Dicko won't play at Reading, to allow more time to get hamstring right. No loan signing expected before weekend. #wwfc

....and 4 months of fannying around bite sus on the bum...what a surprise

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to take their chance whether that's Clarke or McAlinden

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merely highlights the fact we need a striker in - everyone knew this scenario was coming . Personally I dont feel Clarke can step up - I will of course support him but would feel happier if Kenny started McAllinden .

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Going into a game and the best we can get is 0-0...

But seriously this is obviously really bad news and given the history with Wolves they have a tendency to not disclose injuries fully. So I hope it is nothing serious at all.

Come back Nouha - we NEED you!

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Oh well, not like they had 5-6 months to rectify it, lets not be too hard on them.

M

Mr Wolf

I personally think Clarke will do well away from home & on Sky, it's not as though we have relied on beating teams 4-3 every game is it.

M

merseawolf

Well that goes to show that waiting till end of the month to get a striker in just to make sure we have him for Xmas games was a mistake. We needed him in when window opened and worry about Xmas when it comes. Saying that I still feel we will dominate Sundays game and fingers and toes crossed that Liam or Leon can step up to the plate

M

mdpace88

Probably best off playing a 4-6-0 formation, like Barca did last season!

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough decision for Kenny, Judging by the first half against Charlton and especially the second half performance against Bolton I don't think Edwards behind Clarke will work.

Personally I think McAlinden should get the nod although not as experienced as Clarke his movement and pace will work a lot better in our current system then Clarke who is no doubt giving a 100% seems to flounder with out support. Although Clarke behind or along side McAlinden could very well work.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well atleast knowing in advance that Dicko is out gives opportunity now to try and tweak things to get the best out of Leon assuming that he will still get the nod over Liam. Possibly playing them both as a 442 might work best but as they are the only two strikers we have left i doubt if we would line up that way especially away from home.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear. This is why we have needed a new striker for God knows how long. Wolves have only themselves to blame.
Van La Parra must start for me to add the pace we will miss without Dicko.

RVLP Jacobs Sako

McAlinden

Last edited by a moderator:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear. This is why we have needed a new striker for God knows how long. Wolves have only themselves to blame.
Van La Parra must start for me to add the pace we will miss without Dicko.

RVLP Jacobs Sako

McAlinden

I'd start him up top.

Edwards is ace counter attacking. Henry has a great delivery. Sako is Sako.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will surely have to change the system then. Clarke can't play that role on his own

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wont change the system and I don't think Clarke will start. One of McAlinden or Van La Parra up top. Keita/ Eusebio on the bench.

E

Essex Wolf

Real blow this as Dicko offers so much and works so hard. He gives the team everything Clarke doesn't.

Should Clarke start all any of us can hope and pray for is that he eventually starts to earn the money and do the job he is paid for. I won't be expecting much from him though other than his usual poor decision making, lack of mobility and generally poor self.

If anything I'd prefer to see McAlinden get a chance. I don't think too much should be expected of Liam who lacks the experience but for the odd game worth a try. Or maybe give RVLP a try up front, certainly has the pace.

This issue, which I sincerely hope, is resolved ASAP highlights the very reason why the club should have sorted this striker business long ago and further highlights what a total mess they have made of things.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's see how his replacement and the team perform eh before jumping up and down and start slating the club - we've lost an important player to injury for 1 game not 3 months,we're a point off the top and our form replicated over the course of the season would see us go up as champions.

How about going into the next game with an open mind and hope that ALL of our players have a good game and bring back the 3 points.

E

Essex Wolf

Let's see how his replacement and the team perform eh before jumping up and down and start slating the club - we've lost an important player to injury for 1 game not 3 months,we're a point off the top and our form replicated over the course of the season would see us go up as champions.

How about going into the next game with an open mind and hope that ALL of our players have a good game and bring back the 3 points.

Like your optimism Lint but we have seen what his replacement is like if it's Clarke and being brutally honest he is crap. Still bugs the hell out of me why the club ever resigned the bloke as he offers so little. If the replacement is McAlinden, who could be worth a try, I just hope it's not too much for the youngster.

I and others have long said that the need for another striker was vitally important and here we now are in the very situation that really should never have been allowed to come about.

For what it's worth and should Clarke play I'd absolutely love to see him player a fantastic game, score the winner and really show he is a worthy player to have. Sadly that's close to a miracle taking place and they are rare.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dicko and his pace is vital to our system and was the main factor why Bolton took control and closed down our midfield much more as they were able to push out to the half way line as Clark was no danger to them running in behind.

Wolves only have themselves to blame , the issue was apparent before the transfer window closed , when the loan window opened and vital after Dicko came off injured last Saturday.

This team is so close to making a real challenge at promotion and Morgan is going to be getting some serious abuse again if no striker is signed in the coming days and rightly so.It is no wonder that nobody trusts him as we are always doing things on the cheap.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

Let's not wet ourselves, we hardly blast teams out of the water as it is.
I agree with JOS, McAlinden or RVLP.

E

Essex Wolf

Dicko and his pace is vital to our system and was the main factor why Bolton took control and closed down our midfield much more as they were able to push out to the half way line as Clark was no danger to them running in behind.

Wolves only have themselves to blame , the issue was apparent before the transfer window closed , when the loan window opened and vital after Dicko came off injured last Saturday.

This team is so close to making a real challenge at promotion and Morgan is going to be getting some serious abuse again if no striker is signed in the coming days and rightly so.It is no wonder that nobody trusts him as we are always doing things on the cheap.

Well said Bugsy.

The style/system KJ uses is very entertaining and enjoyable to watch and whilst one man doesn't make a team it is vital that all components of that team work well together. Dicko is an integral part and without him the side seems flat. With KJ favouring the system he does another forward is a must to both offer cover, which the team hasn't got, and options if change is needed. What KJ has left to deal with now put quite simply isn't good enough.

Come Sunday's game Wolves may still have lots of possession and pass the ball well but unless the front man offers them a target or an out the team doesn't actually get anywhere. The second half at Charlton and first half V Bolton highlighted perfectly why Dicko is so important. At Charlton Wolves dominated the game even more than they already had and his movement was superb. First half Wolves had the lions share but Clarke offered nothing of note. The same happened last week but now KJ has lost any option as he is now forced to choose between a promising youngster who lacks experience or Clarke who is about as good as a 3 legged donkey carrying 5cwt uphill.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll still dominate possession and we have to hope that whoever plays up front (McA for me) does the business. The chances will be there, we need to take them.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be staggered if we don't sign a striker next week.

E

Essex Wolf

We'll still dominate possession and we have to hope that whoever plays up front (McA for me) does the business. The chances will be there, we need to take them.

Hit's nail on head.

With the system and players KJ has think Wolves will again end the game having had the lions share of possession but they have done that in most all if not all the games played so far.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's frustrating as well, we have Huddersfield on Weds, we should have got a hatful against them and repaired the goals for column. Not sure we will now??

Back
Top Bottom