Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dexter Lembikisa

W

WasStefan

Well done to him, performance rewarded.

Interesting that transfermkt has him down as a left back? i thought he was right footed?

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not forgetting that Nunez is absolutely rapid. Young Dexter tries to get back at him but doesn’t make up any ground.

Got to credit the quality of the goal sometimes. It was brilliant from TAA.
Yeah the ball from TAA was brilliant, and the shin to keep the ball low was fluky in my opinion. I think Dexter tried to keep up with Nunes but did tail off a little bit as he saw Collins cover for him, which would have been OK as long as Nunes didn't hit it first time which he obviously did.
It's football at the end of the day, you got elite footballers constantly trying to unbalance the opposition, force mistakes and create space and chances, whilst trying to stop it happening to you.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah the ball from TAA was brilliant, and the shin to keep the ball low was fluky in my opinion. I think Dexter tried to keep up with Nunes but did tail off a little bit as he saw Collins cover for him, which would have been OK as long as Nunes didn't hit it first time which he obviously did.
It's football at the end of the day, you got elite footballers constantly trying to unbalance the opposition, force mistakes and create space and chances, whilst trying to stop it happening to you.

Nunes is quick, but I got the feeling Dexter thought there wasn't much danger and could have got goalside if he'd wanted. Realistically, in U21 football that never results in a goal, but at this level it will be punished. He'll learn a lot from that.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes is quick, but I got the feeling Dexter thought there wasn't much danger and could have got goalside if he'd wanted. Realistically, in U21 football that never results in a goal, but at this level it will be punished. He'll learn a lot from that.
Yep totally agree. I loved his performance though, really did great.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He obviously concentrates on his defending first and foremost. He is already, like Bueno, very diffcult to play against.

It will be interesting to see how he copes with the attacking input side of things, which is where the best fullbacks can also make an impact.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations Dex I am a huge fan. What a performance Saturday evening the new deal is only testament to how he’s performing so well!!

Our new RB/LB easily good enough to play in the premier league.

Well done Dex keep up the hard work!!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice words for him by Hobbs aswell. Sounds like a hardworking young lad and well deserved, a proper role model for our youngsters who should look at this guy and aim to do what he has. God knows we've had our share of youngsters who've thrown it all away.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fine debut from DL. Good work by the club to offer him a new contract.
Along with Hugo and Hodgie they represent a hopeful future for us.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The academy is finally starting to be the conveyor belt of talent we hoped it would be. Still a way to go but it was always going to take time.

Lot of credit goes to all those behind the scenes (including Sellars!)
And Morgan! Two of the least popular figures in our recent history, but both deserve credit here.

Also notable that the academy isn't being used as Fosun (via Spiers) said it would: a couple of years back the message was that it was to produce players to sell, rather than for our first team. I think COVID and other realities might have changed that, and it's perhaps one of the positives of Fosun scaling back their ambition.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Morgan! Two of the least popular figures in our recent history, but both deserve credit here.

Also notable that the academy isn't being used as Fosun (via Spiers) said it would: a couple of years back the message was that it was to produce players to sell, rather than for our first team. I think COVID and other realities might have changed that, and it's perhaps one of the positives of Fosun scaling back their ambition.
The academy is till there to generate cash from player sales. If for example we produce several good defenders they will get a mixture of first team experience here and out on loan. If they are good but not quite good enough, perhaps like Sanderson & Giles, they will be sold. Dexter may plateau, it's early days.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The academy is till there to generate cash from player sales. If for example we produce several good defenders they will get a mixture of first team experience here and out on loan. If they are good but not quite good enough, perhaps like Sanderson & Giles, they will be sold. Dexter may plateau, it's early days.
We haven’t survived this league term yet we may need them next season if the worst was to happen

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
I need to know why his middle name is Jeong Woo

I have gone from mildly curious about it, to wondering why nobody has mentioned it! It doesn't crop up in interviews, not on his Wikipedia, and not addressed on his Insta account either.

Talented lad, and did us proud against Liverpool, his middle name is not what should be the focus but still... Jamaican Mum, Congolese Dad, Korean middle name? I want to know! A tribute to someone? Some unknown cultural tradition I am ignorant of?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have gone from mildly curious about it, to wondering why nobody has mentioned it! It doesn't crop up in interviews, not on his Wikipedia, and not addressed on his Insta account either.

Talented lad, and did us proud against Liverpool, his middle name is not what should be the focus but still... Jamaican Mum, Congolese Dad, Korean middle name? I want to know! A tribute to someone? Some unknown cultural tradition I am ignorant of?

We shouldn't focus on it your right

But it's too intriguing not too, where does the Asian middle name come from

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry but unless Collins played a player clean through it is not even close to 100%

Given TAA had only one assist this season before that I's say it was closer to 1%
Collins and lembiska both don't get back into position quick enough. I'm not sure it was physically possible for either of them to get back quick enough.
I feel it should be a lesson to any quick defender that you can't use your pace in the premier league to get you out of trouble, because the standard is just too high.

Back
Top Bottom