Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Derby County Support 23,000 Season Ticket Holders

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheapest new adult ticket is £419. More expensive than us isn't it?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last in the Premiership back in 2007

Currently over 23,000 Season Ticket holders with just 1,000 up for grabs for next season.

http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

Over to you Dalyrymple...........

Hear bloody hear. Are you really telling me that Derby have got more fans nationally / globally than us?

And looking at the prices, they're not even that cheap. It's the way they've nurtured it over last 10 years, plus simple strategic moves like 'multi year' prices

Is it really beyond the wit of our club to follow their example, starting now?

E

Essex Wolf

I know they do some deals and it is often mentioned that Wolves should follow a similar set up. Being honest I have no idea of all the ins and outs of what Derby do but it clearly works and even if not copied surely someone should be looking at it and seeing what Wolves could do.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they do some deals and it is often mentioned that Wolves should follow a similar set up. Being honest I have no idea of all the ins and outs of what Derby do but it clearly works and even if not copied surely someone should be looking at it and seeing what Wolves could do.

If I was Fosun I'd spend the money nicking their ticketing manager, or his deputy

But then if I was Fosun we'd have spent our transfer fund wisely and have a proper CEO in place by now

E

Essex Wolf

If I was Fosun I'd spend the money nicking their ticketing manager, or his deputy

But then if I was Fosun we'd have spent our transfer fund wisely and have a proper CEO in place by now
Yup on both.

D

Deleted member 4594

So Derbys season tickets are more expensive than ours but they sell more?
Maybe they've just got more gans than us...

R

reanswolf

I'm here ;)
Yep, we used to have similar fan bases, jez had looked at the Derby ticketing model several years ago, and said "I don't think we will be copying it".

He really was a baffoon. Derby have overtaken us, Forest, even Albion in the premiership, and are closing in on Villa.

I still have to pinch myself that Moxey has gone.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

Derby has the same population as Wolverhampton but their average incomes are higher, so their slightly higher season tickets cost less in the scheme of things.

Derby was getting higher attendance while they were in the second division and we were in the PL.

SINCE 1998
SEASONS OVER 25,000 AVG ATTENDANCE
Wolves: 5
Derby: 15

SINCE 1998
SEASONS OVER 29,000 AVG ATTENDANCE
Wolves: 0
Derby: 10

They have been bringing in more than us for two decades. In fact the last decade we outdrew them was the 1970s. This is nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gornal

Reaction score
Derby has the same population as Wolverhampton but their average incomes are higher, so their slightly higher season tickets cost less in the scheme of things.

Derby was getting higher attendance while they were in the second division and we were in the PL.

SINCE 1998

SINCE 1998

They have been bringing in more than us for two decades. This is nothing new.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You can't bring out facts like that. Wim a big club don't you know

D

Deleted member 4008

An honest view for me is that before the last 4/5 games Wolves have been very boring to watch over the past few seasons.

So if you want fans back you need to get it right on the pitch. Glory hunters call fans what you want . But been in one of the poorest areas for wages in the country £50 for a ticket , parking , beer or two , programme and a pie . To turn up and watch very average players is not value for money .

Costa apart how many other players would you have on the back of your shirt realistically? Not many hence that sums up possibly why the crowd figures are low.

Yep son Nouha dicko is our Striker like Harry Kane . Dad Kane scores goals

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll bet anyone here Wolves have got more fans nationally than Derby. Just more of theirs go

And no I can't prove it. And yes I am hanging on to past glories

But it's true.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing - our away support is consistently higher than theirs

I'd say we're pretty similar clubs but they've got their ticketing spot on

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Totally agree - the potential is there, it just needs tapping into.

R

reanswolf

Gornal is a Benny, I think most of us have worked that out by now.
Derby's catchment area is arguably considerably smaller than ours, but of course they have all of Derbyshire with no other teams.
I honestly don't think Derby have more fans than us, yes it is more affluent, but their ticketing strategy is a key factor too.
Their ticketing strategy has been long term, enticing, and creative, and as a result reaping the benefits.

Whilst under Moxey, ours was restrictive, protective, and short-term profit based.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prices about the same; ours will go up next season too. Booking fee £1.50 v £6, but should be 0.

I like the idea of a young adult price band, big jump for 17 to 18year olds, when they ain't got much cash.18-23yr olds, say 25% less than old uns. I bet we lose a fair few fans going every week in that age group, just when they are possibly the most enthusiastic and need money for some beer tokens too. Also like reduction for continued support. Anything that retains support and gives incentives is great by me.

Need to get the place filled and retain the support, lower costs helps for loads who just can't afford it.

How about, a category B games season ticket; the least 50% fashionable + midweek games at 2/3 of equivalent prices, that is 1/3 the season ticket price for those games (half the matches). Gives the opportunity for those really struggling with cash an opportunity to at least see their heroes when the demand is lower. As said want the place filled and to build up the fan base. Other incentives to get the youngsters in and keep them coming as the grow up.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say there are masses of empty seats behind the goal tonight looking at the TV pictures.

It's obvious that Leicester aren't Derbys main rivals but I have to say if we got Stoke or Blues/Villa reigning high in the Prem at home in the cup there wouldn't be a spare seat in the house.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prices about the same; ours will go up next season too. Booking fee £1.50 v £6, but should be 0.

I like the idea of a young adult price band, big jump for 17 to 18year olds, when they ain't got much cash.18-23yr olds, say 25% less than old uns. I bet we lose a fair few fans going every week in that age group, just when they are possibly the most enthusiastic and need money for some beer tokens too. Also like reduction for continued support. Anything that retains support and gives incentives is great by me.

Need to get the place filled and retain the support, lower costs helps for loads who just can't afford it.

How about, a category B games season ticket; the least 50% fashionable + midweek games at 2/3 of equivalent prices, that is 1/3 the season ticket price for those games (half the matches). Gives the opportunity for those really struggling with cash an opportunity to at least see their heroes when the demand is lower. As said want the place filled and to build up the fan base. Other incentives to get the youngsters in and keep them coming as the grow up.

That is a phenomenal shout. Great idea.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say there are masses of empty seats behind the goal tonight looking at the TV pictures.

It's obvious that Leicester aren't Derbys main rivals but I have to say if we got Stoke or Blues/Villa reigning high in the Prem at home in the cup there wouldn't be a spare seat in the house.
Strange that the rest of the ground looks full! Is that where that annoying drummer is perhaps?

D

Deleted member 4008

How about £275 for existing season ticket holders to have a ticket for the season. And then £300 for any new season ticket holders . £18.50 on the gate on the day in selected areas £15 for under 18s

£300 a season ticket and say 25000 would be 7.5 mill .

Not sure what the rough figure for the 13/14k we have at the moment is but I think it would be similar

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We missed a golden opportunity when we were in Div 1 to rebuild the fanbase with innovative pricing especially in relation to kids. Instead we were content having 10,000 empty seats at most games.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange that the rest of the ground looks full! Is that where that annoying drummer is perhaps?

That or they built that end like the North Bank at Molineux because the weather here is rancid! 3000 of em on the concourse :D

L

lostinbristol

Absolutely no offence intended by this but I'm also guessing if you were Fosun we possibly wouldn't have the same level of transfer funds to make some of the expensive mistakes we have so far :(

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So despite all the very relevant facts posted.. this is Moxey's fault?

I know it was always so easy to blame him for most things in his time but this example is just hilarious, ffs.

R

reanswolf

So despite all the very relevant facts posted.. this is Moxey's fault?

I know it was always so easy to blame him for most things in his time but this example is just hilarious, ffs.
I think it is one of the most evident things to blame Moxey for.

Cheapest non-early bird ST in the prem £528, and no 18-21 pricing until FP lobbied them. Come on Walsall, how many 18 year old Wolves fans do you know who could pay £528 for a ST.

Only club in the UK (as far as I know) to prevent new fans to buy early bird.

I don't disagree that he valued "existing" ST holders, and that is the right thing to do, but not at the total expense of fanbase growth.

No, Moxey was at the heart of our ticketing strategies, as he confirmed on many occasions with his stated disregard of the Derby ticketing model. Moxey had no regard for long term growth whatsoever.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey did the sky game with Sunderland for £5 or £10 that went down a treat about the only thing he should be praised for why we don't do that against blues or Newcastle now is beyond me the season is a total right off in terms of promotion yet they still want others to pay full price

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8300 tickets sold in two days must SURELY make Fosun think 'the fans are there - why aren't there more of them at Molineux Mr Dalrymple?'

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SINCE 1998

SINCE 1998

They have been bringing in more than us for two decades. In fact the last decade we outdrew them was the 1970s. This is nothing new.
Their ground is bigger as well remember

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is one of the most evident things to blame Moxey for.

Cheapest non-early bird ST in the prem £528, and no 18-21 pricing until FP lobbied them. Come on Walsall, how many 18 year old Wolves fans do you know who could pay £528 for a ST.

Only club in the UK (as far as I know) to prevent new fans to buy early bird.

I don't disagree that he valued "existing" ST holders, and that is the right thing to do, but not at the total expense of fanbase growth.

No, Moxey was at the heart of our ticketing strategies, as he confirmed on many occasions with his stated disregard of the Derby ticketing model. Moxey had no regard for long term growth whatsoever.

Can't disagree at all there. He really messed up the ticketing situation and subsequent falls in attendance. As you say, completely short-termist and self-interested policies.

Back
Top Bottom