Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

dendonker

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dale Rudge made his full Wolves debut against QPR on December 18th 1982, the game was on Match of the Day Wolves won 4-0 and it is on YouTube.

The main chant of the day, aimed at former Wolves " Man Mountain " Bob Hazell was " Do you want to buy some petrol ! " after " alleged " goings on during the Handsworth Riots ;););)

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Dale Rudge made his full Wolves debut against QPR on December 18th 1982, the game was on Match of the Day Wolves won 4-0 and it is on YouTube.

The main chant of the day was aimed at former Wolves " Man Mountain " Bob Hazell was " Do you want to buy some petrol ! " after " alleged " goings on during the Handsworth Riots ;););)
I went to school with Dale, and played football with him before he went to Wolves. That was a long time ago!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Moutinho out of contract and Neves linked with moves away, we could have Luke Cundle as our only midfielder in the summer. Exciting times.
'EXCITING' Indeed.
I'll get my boots out of the attic

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've certainly seen players with a lot less talent but Dendonker is probably the most negative boring midfielder that I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt. I'll be glad to see him go.
Harsh. Would you consider someone like Oleg Luzhny more exciting? Even Karl Henry?

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Karl Henry would perhaps do a better job :)-.
He could pass the ball back to Coady. Coady could then pass it to Henry. Henry could then pass it to Coady. Coady could then look around to see if any of our forwards had made a run, turn back home and pass the ball to Henry.

A very thrilling prospect!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see the back of him and leaves with my best wishes and thanks, but break into a sweat and have visions of Ian Cartwright when I think who the numpties in charge may replace him with
Glad to see the back of him as well but not with my best wishes
I’ll never forgive him for costing us a FA Cup final
Fouling Deeney with 2 mins to go and giving them a penalty when there was no need…………never forgive him

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What can't he do? Pass more than 5 yards in any direction, head it, shoot, tackle, jump, use upper body strength. What can he do? Err....run, but in a funny way? The Belgian Mr Bean.

R

reanswolf

He could pass the ball back to Coady. Coady could then pass it to Henry. Henry could then pass it to Coady. Coady could then look around to see if any of our forwards had made a run, turn back home and pass the ball to Henry.

A very thrilling prospect!
You've summed up what the Donk does most games though!
At least Henry tackled.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So you are suggesting the club has informed players that we will be moving them on in the summer so get your affairs in order? Now go and give it all for the shirt and qualify us for Europe? We couldn’t possibly be that stupid, could we?

Last edited:

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh. Would you consider someone like Oleg Luzhny more exciting? Even Karl Henry?
How can I compare Luzhny playing only 6 times in a pretty much completely outclassed Wolves team in a relegation season against Dendoncker who has played for years in a relatively successful Wolves team?

I dont remember Karl Henry contually passing backwards no matter where he was on the pitch like Dendoncker does. Henry also knew how to put a tackle in and got a few people off their seats. Henry was excellent for Wolves in that first McCarthy season and right up to promotion.

Has anyone ever got off their seats for Dendoncker? Maybe when he sgcored at Everton away in season 1. No I stand by what I say, considering that he not completely useless, Dendonker is the most negative, boring Wolves midfielder relative to his talent we have ever had in the 50 plus years that I have watched Wolves.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This term squad member keeps getting used. Load of *******s. If being ineffective, with zero ability to change a game or even help see out a game means you are a good squad player then yeh I guess he is.

The guy is lucky to be a pro footballer never mind a premier league one and an international to boot. Can’t pass. Can’t run. Definitely can’t shoot. Can’t carry the ball. Can barely tackle. I have seen better players over bantock park.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This term squad member keeps getting used. Load of *******s. If being ineffective, with zero ability to change a game or even help see out a game means you are a good squad player then yeh I guess he is.

The guy is lucky to be a pro footballer never mind a premier league one and an international to boot. Can’t pass. Can’t run. Definitely can’t shoot. Can’t carry the ball. Can barely tackle. I have seen better players over bantock park.
Either international managers are missing a trick not going to Bantock Park or your post is utter crap.....

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can I compare Luzhny playing only 6 times in a pretty much completely outclassed Wolves team in a relegation season against Dendoncker who has played for years in a relatively successful Wolves team?

I dont remember Karl Henry contually passing backwards no matter where he was on the pitch like Dendoncker does. Henry also knew how to put a tackle in and got a few people off their seats. Henry was excellent for Wolves in that first McCarthy season and right up to promotion.

Has anyone ever got off their seats for Dendoncker? Maybe when he sgcored at Everton away in season 1. No I stand by what I say, considering that he not completely useless, Dendonker is the most negative, boring Wolves midfielder relative to his talent we have ever had in the 50 plus years that I have watched Wolves.
No, it makes no sense comparing them, I agree. Surprised to learn Oleg played as many as six times, can hardly remember him in a Wolves shirt.

My point is Dendoncker hasn't been all bad, it's just the nature of this message board (and the internet in general)... It's all so black and white and we forget oh so fast.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An underrated squad player. Won’t be easy to replace him on the cheap.

Sure, he’s never really found his role here at Wolves, but he’s consistently in the Belgium squad and that is not to be sniffed at.

Our best transfer window for decades was the 2018 summer, we need to be at least matching that to stand any chance of pushing on next season. Losing the likes of Dendoncker just adds to the list of players needed to bring in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He sums us up at present. A boring and negative player.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I wonder if the manager says to him he has one forward run per match The one he had v Brighton was a pass which was just a bit to over hit for him to control

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Dendonker needs to move on as we know. He’s had some decent games for us and doesn’t deserve the stick he gets now. Sometimes you need a change of scenery to kickstart you career, and he needs that now. To compare him to some of the donkeys mentioned in this post is unfair. The Nuno side is starting to be broken up now, we need to move on and hope the next side takes us forward again.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be the first player to go
Him an Saiss are the first I’d look to upgrade on.
Agreed.

Saiss seemed to have earned himself another contract, but his form since AFCON has been dreadful. Seems a perfect time to dispense with him.

No upside to Donck other than whatever someone is prepared to pay.

I would also sell Raul, Hwang and possibly Coady, and I would listen to offers for Semedo and Podence.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably wont get a better squad player than him for what we would sell him for. I'd like us to keep him tbh, but at the same time, he isnt going to improve you wouldnt think.

R

reanswolf

No, it makes no sense comparing them, I agree. Surprised to learn Oleg played as many as six times, can hardly remember him in a Wolves shirt.

My point is Dendoncker hasn't been all bad, it's just the nature of this message board (and the internet in general)... It's all so black and white and we forget oh so fast.
I agree, but then we get posters claiming ridiculous things like he is the most important player in the team, or he only plays s hit at the managers instruction.

He plays 8 crap games out of 10, its not good enough, the failure to upgrade him is one of the key reasons we have stagnated.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but then we get posters claiming ridiculous things like he is the most important player in the team, or he only plays s hit at the managers instruction.

He plays 8 crap games out of 10, its not good enough, the failure to upgrade him is one of the key reasons we have stagnated.
I don't think anyone thinks that Donk has being playing well. However, if he is truly as dire as you say why does he keep getting selected?

R

reanswolf

I don't think anyone thinks that Donk has being playing well. However, if he is truly as dire as you say why does he keep getting selected?
To be honest he usually doesn't unless there is injuries. Clearly the favoured 2 are Neves and 37 year old Joao. He does play him as that 3rd CM in some games but I think it is clear he wants better.

He would be an excellent squad player I agree, but he is not going to accept that is he.

Someone highlighted his stats not so long ago, they were quite dreadful compared to the other 2, now I don't rely wholly on stats, but what I see with my eyes re-enforces those.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest he usually doesn't unless there is injuries. Clearly the favoured 2 are Neves and 37 year old Joao. He does play him as that 3rd CM in some games but I think it is clear he wants better.

He would be an excellent squad player I agree, but he is not going to accept that is he.

Someone highlighted his stats not so long ago, they were quite dreadful compared to the other 2, now I don't rely wholly on stats, but what I see with my eyes re-enforces those.
You trying to age poor old Mouts even more??? lol

He's only 35!

Last edited:

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest my opinion has not been formed by Molineux Mix or online. I just dont get swayed by it. My opinions are all formed by watching Wolves play live. Watching Dendonker play is painfull. He is ultra, ultra negative and rarely gets tackles in. To be fair when he first came in and broke into the team after being benched for months he did OK that season I'll grant you. 90% of the time he gets the ball over the half way line the next pass from him is backwards. It is utterly tedious watching him.

As regards being swayed by online opinion, a good proportion of this boards opinion on say Saiss is very negative. I happen to think that Saiss has been an excellent and greatly underrated player for us. He has not come back from the AFCON as the same player and he seems to be getting worse game by game, but every player always looks worse when a team has become as dysfunctional as Wolves have over the last couple of months.

R

reanswolf

I think he is one of those players who has to be at 100% full throttle to be effective, and he only does this 10-20% of the time, and undoubtedly he plays at 100% for Belgium. Remember, when he first came he was deemed too unfit to play for a few months.

But that aside, in terms of value to us, he just hasn't shown it most of the time. I think he is a great lad, I like him in that respect, but he has coasted through most of his time here and fairly consistently performed below par, except a few games where he comes to the fore a bit.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we aren’t going to get a useful amount of money for him then I’d keep him. Obviously Nuno and Bruno know best but I’m still amazed that he hasn’t been used as the deepest defensive midfielder in the team. They’ve both been obsessed with keeping Neves there at times (ok, amazing at reading the game and intercepting but takes away his influence) as a quarterback and getting on the ball as much as possible. For me the DM doesn’t have to be a ball player, he can be used as a runner for the team - get the ball and lay it off to the players who can play with it. It still baffles me.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
stealing a living squad player at best.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doncks is all about how you use him. He is a useful utility player but sometimes that works against you and a manager starts throwing you to the wolves (!), which has happened a bit with him.

I don't rate him much but I do see the point in keeping him. That said, he's worth good money and if we're short of cash then I'd move him on to create room for youngsters.

fleck1

Reaction score
An underrated squad player. Won’t be easy to replace him on the cheap.

Sure, he’s never really found his role here at Wolves, but he’s consistently in the Belgium squad and that is not to be sniffed at.

Our best transfer window for decades was the 2018 summer, we need to be at least matching that to stand any chance of pushing on next season. Losing the likes of Dendoncker just adds to the list of players needed to bring in.
Constantly played in a role that doesn't suit him by two managers now, should either be part of a back three or sitting and holding at the base of midfield. Why the insistence on him playing as the attacking central midfielder I don't know.
Will continue to be selected and capped by Belgium and when he moves on will most likely end up at a club playing European football with Roma/Lazio being the links.
But to read some on here he should be given away for free and will easily be replaced, I remember after his debut he was the saviour and it was unbelievable Nuno wasn't playing him more. We know his limitations but we also know what an inform and confident Donk can bring, his form has nosedived like a number of others over the last 12 months.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more …… except for the last bit as I have no idea where that is :D

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thing he's poor , never seen any different.

Back
Top Bottom