Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dendoncker discussion on Villa Talk

R

reanswolf

I prefer a 3 man Midfield. As I said before I don’t think it was ever on the cards to have all 3 of Neves, Palinha and Nunes. I think Nunes was always coming in and Palinha was always the option to replace Neves.
You may well be write, I have no contacts regards what their thinking was, it was always just my personal view.
Glad we agree on a 3 man midfield, though like you I appreciate that tactics these days mean that you have to swap and shift your line ups and formations accordingly.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may well be write, I have no contacts regards what their thinking was, it was always just my personal view.
Glad we agree on a 3 man midfield, though like you I appreciate that tactics these days mean that you have to swap and shift your line ups and formations accordingly.
It’s only my feeling on it. We’d been close to signing Palinha for years but it always felt as a Neves replacement rather than to dovetail with him, obviously last summer looked increasingly like Neves would go but it just didn’t happen so he went to Fulham instead. Nunes is different simply because he’s a completely different style of player, I think he was always coming to play with one of the above.

He’s still very raw and now obvious injured but I think Traore suits us. He does the dirty work that is required

R

reanswolf

It’s only my feeling on it. We’d been close to signing Palinha for years but it always felt as a Neves replacement rather than to dovetail with him, obviously last summer looked increasingly like Neves would go but it just didn’t happen so he went to Fulham instead. Nunes is different simply because he’s a completely different style of player, I think he was always coming to play with one of the above.

He’s still very raw and now obvious injured but I think Traore suits us. He does the dirty work that is required
I just thought he'd have been an ideal replacement for Moutinho , next to Neves.
Not quite the same sort of player I agree, but don't always have to have exact like for like

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just thought he'd have been an ideal replacement for Moutinho , next to Neves.
Not quite the same sort of player I agree, but don't always have to have exact like for like
I think the problem has always been at times Neves and Moutinho want to do the same role and similarly Palinha albeit they all do it differently but essentially they are all defensive midfielders who don’t carry the ball, we were up until Nunes, desperate for someone to do that.

R

reanswolf

I think the problem has always been at times Neves and Moutinho want to do the same role and similarly Palinha albeit they all do it differently but essentially they are all defensive midfielders who don’t carry the ball, we were up until Nunes, desperate for someone to do that.
I admit I am old fashioned in my football views, which are becoming outdated I accept. I still see a classic midfield 3 as containing an enforcer, a runner, and a creator. Bailey, Hibbitt, Carr............or Palhinha, Nunes, Neves.

I do appreciate the game is leaving me behind, as my lad reminds me. But then sometimes I think it would still work so well :)-.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admit I am old fashioned in my football views, which are becoming outdated I accept. I still see a classic midfield 3 as containing an enforcer, a runner, and a creator. Bailey, Hibbitt, Carr............or Palhinha, Nunes, Neves.

I do appreciate the game is leaving me behind, as my lad reminds me. But then sometimes I think it would still work so well :)-.
Mention Bailey, Hibbit, Carr, I am a teenager again, oh yes they were the days my friend

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with you with needing different characteristics, 100% I do. My point (and I’m probably not explaining it brilliantly) is that Neves and Palinha play the same DM role just differently but still the same role. In my eyes as a 3 you need a holding DM, a standard CM and one who can carry the ball. For me (again personally) Moutinho neves and Palinha all want to play the same role and overlap certain attributes but for instance the 3 now of Neves,Nunes and Traore all play it differently with very very different qualities.

R

reanswolf

I agree with you with needing different characteristics, 100% I do. My point (and I’m probably not explaining it brilliantly) is that Neves and Palinha play the same DM role just differently but still the same role. In my eyes as a 3 you need a holding DM, a standard CM and one who can carry the ball. For me (again personally) Moutinho neves and Palinha all want to play the same role and overlap certain attributes but for instance the 3 now of Neves,Nunes and Traore all play it differently with very very different qualities.
Good post SBK

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sounds like they've somehow got their money back on him by moving him on to Napoli.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker's transfers are much like his time on the football field. He consistently finds himself in surprising positions based on his ability, only to then disappoint.
While light-hearted that's a little disrespectful to a player who was a key feature of the Nuno era PL team.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years ago I thought the Donk was great and did a lot of the nasty work in midfield while Neves and Moutinho shined. One of the few players I think we were smart in selling when we did too which I am pleased about. Now though Lemina is twice the player the Donk is
Italy be a good fit for him

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few years ago I thought the Donk was great and did a lot of the nasty work in midfield while Neves and Moutinho shined. One of the few players I think we were smart in selling when we did too which I am pleased about. Now though Lemina is twice the player the Donk is
Italy be a good fit for him
He can jog up and down to his hearts content.

Back
Top Bottom