Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Deadline Countdown Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Normally we have our business done and dusted a long time before Deadline Day, but think there is still activity to come in both directions.

Thought with 48 hours to come we could do with a countdown thread, for news, rumours, updates etc.

To make it easy to read please keep opinions of certain players and personal bickering on other threads.

To kick it off

Potential in's

Spearing
Bolanos
Jones

Potential Outs

Milijas
Berra
Hunt
Hammill

Hold onto your hats....

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

A

andyc225

Why are we even concerning ourselves with Jay Spearing when a much better player in Claudemir has just been knocked out of the Champions League? If he wasn't a Scouser he would never have even had a sniff at the first team.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we need any of the possible ins. Any half decent full back would help

S

Skonsengwolf

Any competent defender signing for us would be a bonus, but I think our business in this window is finished, at least for inbound transfers. I hope we can shift some of the players not wanted by Ståle, like Milijas and Hammill.

B

BlakemoreWolf

i think we will sign 1-2 more quality players, would like a defender or two now tbh

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know that some decent coaching over time, an organised midfield and a team who individually and collectively know their jobs might go a long way to sorting out the defence...

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we really go through another transfer window with no new full backs ?

The positional sense of the pair current playing pair beggers belief and any half decent 1 would improve us.

Warnock is back on the transfer list and maybe worth picking up on loan from Villa when the window closes ?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we signed 2 good solid career full backs I think I may actually wet myself with excitement.

Have a feeling we may be done though unless Doyle(unlikely) or De Vries goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The positional sense of the pair current playing pair beggers belief and any half decent 1 would improve us.

Warnock is back on the transfer list and maybe worth picking up on loan from Villa when the window closes ?

Id like Warnock on loan if possible but feel RB is a bigger concern, especially due to Foley's injury record of late

A

andyc225

Warnock is dreadful. A proper full back, yeah, but he should be playing for Walsall at the foot of League One.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnock is dreadful. A proper full back, yeah, but he should be playing for Walsall at the foot of League One.

Can't say I've seen a great amount of him recently but did very well at Blackburn, he come on as a sub and marked MK out the game in the Villa home game last season. Thats about as much as I know tbh, been in and around the England squad too tbf

Milijas

Reaction score
Wikipedia says milijas is on loan to red star belgrade !!!

W

WasStefan

I reckon if one of either Hammill or Hunt goes we will go for another winger.

Full back of some sort would be nice as would a midfielder. But I wont hold my breath!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I accept he isnt the best but we are leaving it a little late and far better than what we have and I also agree the right back berth is also a concern as Zubar is getting worse every time I see him.

B

BigBadWolfie

Normally we have our business done and dusted a long time before Deadline Day, but think there is still activity to come in both directions.

Thought with 48 hours to come we could do with a countdown thread, for news, rumours, updates etc.

To make it easy to read please keep opinions of certain players and personal bickering on other threads.

To kick it off

K
Potential Outs

Milijas
Berra
Hunt
Hammill

Hold onto your hats....

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

I would say,

Potential In's:

Striker
Right back
Left back
Goalkeeper

Potential Out's:
De Vries
Berra
Zubar
Hammill
Hunt
Milijas
Doyle

Last edited by a moderator:

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Will be a bit gutted if we don't sign a full back, but doesn't look like it will happen now.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnock has been seriously, seriously poor the last few years, particularly the past 12 months. I am not a big fan of Ward but I would much prefer him over Warnock.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll get Jarvis back in a cut price £500,000 deal.

West Ham have realised that they actually signed the wrong player from us - so they'll offer Jarvis back, and buy Eggert Jonsson from us instead. They'll put a £1m offer in, but Jez will play hardball, and insist that he's going nowhere for less than £12.5m - to which West Ham will agree with ten minutes to go before the deadline closes. Jonsson will then play his first game for them on Saturday.

Stearman will turn down an £8m move to Barcelona, hoping that Sunderland sign him to join up with Fletch again. #Sayyyiiiiinn.

We'll miss out on the opportunity of two other players moving on. The first will be Dave Edwards. Stoke City will put in an offer - and because its fairly close, Dave agrees to run there to discuss personal terms. Unfortunately, he runs straight past the ground and ends up in Manchester. The second will be Kevin Doyle. The club accept an offer from Everton - and Kevin Doyle agrees to go by train to speak to Moyes - but misses it......

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I still think we need a full back and dare I say it a top quality finisher.

I'm a 5 strikers guy...

Will be disappointed if we don't sign anyone else...

D

Dewsburywolf

Why are we even concerning ourselves with Jay Spearing when a much better player in Claudemir has just been knocked out of the Champions League?

Don't they just drop into the Europa League? Not the same, obviously, but still a European competition

B

Batman

Gut feeling tells me no more coming in. With a few going out. But i hope i'm wrong and we have a late flurry of incoming players.

S

spud3948

Hopefully of a couple of full backs, left & right. Zubar is inconsistent, Foley injury problems, Elokobi is simply not good enough leaving no cover for Ward.

E

Essex Wolf

Hopefully of a couple of full backs, left & right. Zubar is inconsistent, Foley injury problems, Elokobi is simply not good enough leaving no cover for Ward.

Agreed re Zubar which is a shame because when he plays well he is a very good player but seems prone to moments during a game where he lacks concentration and does some odd things.

As regards the LB slot, it's amazing after all this time the club still don't have a proper LB available. Elokobi is okay at best at this level whilst Ward has become a jack of all trades type player.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Creative midfielder and a full back (or two) would do me. Another striker would do no harm. I expect one more signing by Friday night and then perhaps a loan (Spearing?)

A

andyc225

Don't they just drop into the Europa League? Not the same, obviously, but still a European competition

They didn't - they're completely out of Europe for this season. It's only the teams that finish (I think) second-bottom in the group stages that drop into Europa.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there will be one more 'big' signing, a CB if berra goes, a GK to replace De Vries and two loan signings which can of course be made after the transfer window shuts.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see much more in, maybe a GK if De Vries goes. Berra I feel will stay til January at least, if not leave on a free.

Hunt I can see getting a Milijas - thanks but $$$$ off.

Hammill to Forest perhaps?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed re Zubar which is a shame because when he plays well he is a very good player but seems prone to moments during a game where he lacks concentration and does some odd things.

As regards the LB slot, it's amazing after all this time the club still don't have a proper LB available. Elokobi is okay at best at this level whilst Ward has become a jack of all trades type player.

I feel sorry for Ward, a decent striker who's been $$$$ed up by you-know-who.

W

we8wba

I feel sorry for Ward, a decent striker who's been $$$$ed up by you-know-who.

never get this opinion but i'm welcome to hear more like them

doyle get slated for being hardworking but doesnt score enough, i'd say ward is a average at best kevin doyle when playing up front

will run around doing dirty running, flick ons etc.... but i bet if he play 10 up front he will only get 1-2 goals max

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Can see De Vries and possibly Hammill going before the deadline.

Would love us to bring in a right-back (Kyle Naughton on loan would be fanatastic) and possibly a creative midfielder.

W

we8wba

on transfer window, i'm glad we've done our main outgoings so everything is sorted

didnt want to get to last day chance keeping fletcher or jarvis (or both) and their be multiple rumours of them departing all day

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10.00 A.M. and we haven't signed anybody today yet.

BOO ! Mick out! Moxley out!

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that the players still 'lingering around like a bad smell' (and we all know who they are!) will be got rid of, one way or another... I think that's the priority now - getting shot of these, away from the training ground and changing rooms - so Stale can get on with building the team spirit in the camp... Won't want any negativity around the new guys I'm sure...

Any new ones coming in now, will either be De Vries' replacement, or a loan or 2, and these may even be after Friday...

W

wanderer24

CopenhagenWolf on twitter suggesting we've gone cool on Bolanos after signing Boukari and Sako. With regard Copenhagen, it looks like anybody is for sale now with Elche closing in on Santine, Everton sniffing at Oviedo, and they are also looking to offload Larrson, Fredericksen, and Absalonsen.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
west brom also in the hunt for Oviedo according to bbc

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CopenhagenWolf on twitter suggesting we've gone cool on Bolanos after signing Boukari and Sako. With regard Copenhagen, it looks like anybody is for sale now with Elche closing in on Santine, Everton sniffing at Oviedo, and they are also looking to offload Larrson, Fredericksen, and Absalonsen.

If only we had a vulture as a CEO...

W

wanderer24

west brom also in the hunt for Oviedo according to bbc

Everton want Oviedo as back up to Baines not replacement......if Everton fans believe that.......and if it is true, then is Oviedo going to be happy on the bench? Which could be the same for him at Albion.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 full backs a must, probably be loanees though if anyone. Still with Staale, you never know who he might have up his sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom