Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

De Gea

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will know he will have to take a significant wage cut at his next club, so I think it is more possible than some would think, especially with the Julen factor (De Gea was his #1 as Spain manager). No team is going to pay him what he's earning at United, and the rumours were that if he was to stay he'd have had to take a significant pay cut anyway.

The concern is that he's quite error prone and that's the reason why Man United are moving on. I'd prefer Bounou or Henderson personally, but as there's no transfer fee involved it wouldn't be a bad gamble to take. Is he genuinely better than Sa? I'm not sure, on current form.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will know he will have to take a significant wage cut at his next club, so I think it is more possible than some would think, especially with the Julen factor (De Gea was his #1 as Spain manager). No team is going to pay him what he's earning at United, and the rumours were that if he was to stay he'd have had to take a significant pay cut anyway.

The concern is that he's quite error prone and that's the reason why Man United are moving on. I'd prefer Bounou or Henderson personally, but as there's no transfer fee involved it wouldn't be a bad gamble to take. Is he genuinely better than Sa? I'm not sure, on current form.
Didn’t he agree to a pay cut and then United withdrew the offer?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably talking out my **** but a free agent, would he come ( probably not) and is he better than Sa ( probably). Just putting my head above the parapet.
Mate, this is the daftest thread we've ever had. Would he come: not a chance. Is he better than Sa (even a couple of years past his peak): hahaha of course! We'd have to sell half the team to afford his wages.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Yes, although I have not seen any article stating what the lower terms that he accepted were.

As an aside, regardless of how you regard his goalkeeping Manchester United’s conduct in not countersigning the contract which had been prepared by them and offered to De Gea ranks amongst the biggest examples of unprofessionalism I have seem for a considerable time.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, although I have not seen any article stating what the lower terms that he accepted were.

As an aside, regardless of how you regard his goalkeeping Manchester United’s conduct in not countersigning the contract which had been prepared by them and offered to De Gea ranks amongst the biggest examples of unprofessionalism I have seem for a considerable time.
It’s up there with Ruddy going in to sign his new contract only to be to told it was withdrawn!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think they wanted to offer him even less. I don't think wages would be a problem, just a question of whether the club think he's an upgrade on Sa. Julen, as a goal keeper, and having coached him, may have a decent say on that...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, this is the daftest thread we've ever had. Would he come: not a chance. Is he better than Sa (even a couple of years past his peak): hahaha of course! We'd have to sell half the team to afford his wages.
He's been in very poor form for them mate, there's a reason why they haven't resigned him at even a vastly reduced contract. Where else do you think he'll go?

D

Deleted member (smith)

£375k a week.

this highlights what some people don’t seem to fully appreciate. 375 k a week is 19.5 million a year …over 3 years that is 58.5 million….even on a free.

that is why top players can often go on a free because their salary cost takes up their full value making their contract of no value. For most players before they have reached their peak ability and their peak salary there may be further value in the contract.more and more players are realizing that transfer fees are really part of their salary that they left on the table.when everybody is paid their full market salary everybody would transfer on a free.

most United players like de gea and McGuire are overpaid and need a pay cut even to go on a free.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been in very poor form for them mate, there's a reason why they haven't resigned him at even a vastly reduced contract. Where else do you think he'll go?
True. Probably Italy. He's been in average form for a while now, agreed, but that wasn't my point. He's still better than Sa and he's never coming coming to us. So the OP was saft at best.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone fancy a night in hoggs head wen we buy all these new players.Like a-big party.I’m game.

D

Deleted member (smith)

and the 7 in the middle LOL. 5k should be enough for anyone's weekly wage, I blame Johnny Haynes,

geoff Hurst made 45 pounds a week when england won the World Cup in 1966…it was more than doubled because he discovered thiat Bobby Moore got 120.

money started to flow in from television and players became superstars.

once FFP ties salaries to the club revenues the disparities will become very clear as a club like manure has approximately three times the revenue of wolves and can therefore pay three times as much as wolves for every position. The days of competing for top players with the big six are long gone

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
geoff Hurst made 45 pounds a week when england won the World Cup in 1966…it was more than doubled because he discovered thiat Bobby Moore got 120.

money started to flow in from television and players became superstars.

once FFP ties salaries to the club revenues the disparities will become very clear as a club like manure has approximately three times the revenue of wolves and can therefore pay three times as much as wolves for every position. The days of competing for top players with the big six are long gone
that was a small fortune back then, most pro players were on about £10.00 above the average wage,
My wages in 1966 were under a fiver for 5 1/2 days work, ( as an apprentice) but the full wages would be still under £10.00 for the same hrs,

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Could we get him in for a season on a 3 year deal then sell him after 1 for £20m?

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Tbh I can think of a fewer dafter posts and while I’m on it I got banned for disagreeing with b someone accused of trolling

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
messed them around delaying, so they withdrew the offer. Can't see he'll be bothered really, he can always join the Saudi gravy train and he's 32.

Back
Top Bottom