Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

David Moyes at Molineux...

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From The Guardian's match report:

With David Moyes, the Everton manager, looking on from the stands, possibly with a view to signing Kevin Doyle, who was on his radar in January, or seizing a chance to take a closer look at Matt Jarvis

Seems a bit odd as they've signed strikers and a winger recently, but they've got plenty of cash following Rodwell's sale. And there's no-one else on either side I can imagine him watching.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was watching Doyle or Jarvis I don't think he'll be giving us what we're asking for either.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

If he was watching Doyle or Jarvis I don't think he'll be giving us what we're asking for either.

Well he forked over nearly £9 million for Bilyaletdinov, right? Maybe he'd be willing to part with something similar for Jarvo?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he makes a move for Doyle. In a weird combination I think for over 12 months now he has been holding us back and we have been also holding him back, if that makes sense.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given his eye for a bargain and their lack of wide players, I'm guessing Pez probably has a clause in his loan deal that allows him to be bought out should there be interest from a top level club. He certainly won't be after Jarvis given his price tag and performances so far this season, and we certainly have no-one in defence or upfront he'd be looking at

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry would have been my guess had he not signed a new contract.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Nash: "Didn't see him myself but he was there, Will. Rumoured to be eyeing Ward but is a long-term admirer of Doyle and also likes Jarvis."

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he makes a move for Doyle. In a weird combination I think for over 12 months now he has been holding us back and we have been also holding him back, if that makes sense.

I've not looked at it like that before but I agree with you. Doyle's work rate would suit Everton so it's a possibility.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moyes has been after Jarvis for two years. Question is, can he afford to spend £10m of the Rodwell money on him? On tonight I would suggest not, but Moyes may have more money inwards before September 4th.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ripping the proverbial out of an Everton supporting mate that they might be making a move for Ward, he informs me that Moyes often takes in random matches and that nothing should be read into it. Spoil sport :(

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about losing Doumbia at the end of the season, the performance he put on today.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Given his eye for a bargain and their lack of wide players, I'm guessing Pez probably has a clause in his loan deal that allows him to be bought out should there be interest from a top level club. He certainly won't be after Jarvis given his price tag and performances so far this season, and we certainly have no-one in defence or upfront he'd be looking at

Sincerely doubt it

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Tim Nash: "Didn't see him myself but he was there, Will. Rumoured to be eyeing Ward but is a long-term admirer of Doyle and also likes Jarvis."

Maybe Ward was a contingency plan in case Baines went to Man Utd. Now that they've signed Buttner things change. Can you see Baines going anywhere else now? Maybe Moyes just opens a channel now in case something should change in January and someone comes in for Baines then.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Not unheard of where if there's a loan fee involved it gets repaid, or the club the player is on loan at receive a fee to break the deal.

Maybe. Say we're paying some combination of Peszko's wage/loan fee, some arranged sum. I suppose someone could come in to buy him outright. But it seems unlikely to me.

Besides, how far in trouble are Cologne? They can't go into administration in Germany, can they?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doumbia and Pescko have both agreed fees and terms to join us next year. The only thing that could stop the deals is us not going up..
So far I have been massively impressed with stales signings, if we could add another couple would make a big difference.

W

WasStefan

He may have been watching Ward you say? :D

I'm glad he saw his one good game for this season :D

D

Dewolf

Yes...you are.

Pretty sure this will not happen.

C

Craddockinho

Weren't they linked with Berra a while back?

If he's looking for a back-up defender for relatively cheap that might be the case.

C

crasm98

Doumbia and Pescko have both agreed fees and terms to join us next year. The only thing that could stop the deals is us not going up..
So far I have been massively impressed with stales signings, if we could add another couple would make a big difference.
I would sign them both now, forget the loans, get them in!

Doumbia is a different class

B

Bankswolf II

Maybe he is just good friends with a season ticket holder

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I would think that with both Doumbs and Peszko we will have fees agreed and promotion will not be an influencing factor.....Jeff is good at making it work in our favour on these things.

Doumbs will definetly be attracting PL interest if he keeps it up though.

A

andyc225

Big George was sat behind him and Pulis. Make of that what you will.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Lambert was there. Intresting to see those 3 there. Pulis has already admitted (I think) that he'd like to sign Jarvis too. I'd be royally $$$$ed if Stoke signed him.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would think that with both Doumbs and Peszko we will have fees agreed

Yup, we have deals in place to buy at the end of the season. Whether they're watertight or not I don't know.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup, we have deals in place to buy at the end of the season. Whether they're watertight or not I don't know.

In the modern age of tapping up and all that jazz, all they need to hear is that a Premier League club are interested in them and they can simply refuse to join Wolves and let the loan deal expire - much like Gylfi did to Swansea

W

we8wba

In the modern age of tapping up and all that jazz, all they need to hear is that a Premier League club are interested in them and they can simply refuse to join Wolves and let the loan deal expire - much like Gylfi did to Swansea

this was the example i was going to give, too early after two games to decide but i hoped if both or either starred that we'd get them signed in january

i'm sure their club teams would be happy with this also

Back
Top Bottom