Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dave Edwards's off-field work

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave always seems to be a very decent guy.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's an all round nice guy and a decent footballer to boot..

D

Deleted member 3604

Lovely guy and he gets in the team because he's better than the alternatives. Wolves are lovely ☺

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does say a lot about Dave Edwards.
Clearly an all round decent guy.
A great ambassador for both his club and country.
While not the most naturally gifted of players he shows what can be achieved by always giving 100%.
I hope a few years down the road he considers going for his coaching badges as I have an intuitive feeling he could end up as a decent first team coach/manager....

L

lostinbristol

Good on him.

I can't be ***** to repost my general opinion on Dave as a player, I've put too much time and effort into it before to do it again when I've had a few.

In terms of the here and now though, I would be encouraging him to start doing his coaching badges (no idea if he has or not) and would look to keep him here as a backup player until he's ready to move into coaching.

Would have done the same with Craddock if he'd been up for it, fully understand his reasons for not wanting to go down that route though.

L

lostinbristol

It does say a lot about Dave Edwards.
Clearly an all round decent guy.
A great ambassador for both his club and country.
While not the most naturally gifted of players he shows what can be achieved by always giving 100%.
I hope a few years down the road he considers going for his coaching badges as I have an intuitive feeling he could end up as a decent first team coach/manager....

Took too long being drunk and rewriting my post. Should have just refreshed the page before I posted and read yours. Then I needn't have bothered :oops:

R

reanswolf

Great credit is due for the way he conducts himself off the pitch.
Are we allowed posts about Dave Edwards now?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent player too, and a top bloke. We should be very proud of him. But because he doesn't beat five players before scoring a 50 yarder he gets criticised. How are we doing with those flair players again?!

W

wolvesultra

I'd have him as captain personally, appreciate some don't see he should be in the starting 11 but even so should be club captain in that case.

S

Shrewd wolf

Dave always gave100% for Shrewsbury and is still doing the same for wolves ,great lad and good player,keep up the good work dave

S

ShropshireLad

He's been one of my favourite players at Wolves over the years and he has the credibility off the field to match the respect I have for him on it.

D

Deleted member 3518

He's been one of my favourite players at Wolves over the years and he has the credibility off the field to match the respect I have for him on it.

Seriously, never doubt he is a great guy and in many ways a model professional and if anyone is stupid enough to believe a footballer should be a role model then can think of no-one more qualified but as a footballer? In terms of favourite Wolves players contributing to our performance, which should be the main criteria, he'd be nothing more than a footnote.

S

ShropshireLad

Seriously, never doubt he is a great guy and in many ways a model professional and if anyone is stupid enough to believe a footballer should be a role model then can think of no-one more qualified but as a footballer? In terms of favourite Wolves players contributing to our performance, which should be the main criteria, he'd be nothing more than a footnote.
In all honesty, there aren't many who have lit fires over the past few seasons.

D

Deleted member 3518

In all honesty, there aren't many who have lit fires over the past few seasons.

Too right, unfortunately.

I know midfield is a constant source of despair for Reans, Goldeneyed and others, but they're right and despite all his positive characteristics Edwards epitomises our failings .

S

ShropshireLad

I know midfield is a constant source of despair for Reans and Goldeneyed and others, but they're right and despite all his positive characteristics Edwards epitomises our failings .
It's all about opinions and it would be a shame to turn a positive thread about Dave's off-field activities to one of a negative one about his on-field performances so I'll say no more out of concern for maintaining decorum. ;)

D

Deleted member 3518

It's all about opinions and it would be a shame to turn a positive thread about Dave's off-field activities to one of a negative one about his on-field performances so I'll say no more out of concern for maintaining decorum. ;)

Agree so will opt out, because I totally respect him and hold him in the highest regard as a rounded member of the human race and a great ambassador of the club.

R

reanswolf

I know midfield is a constant source of despair for Reans, Goldeneyed and others, but they're right and despite all his positive characteristics Edwards epitomises our failings .

Thank you Rhos.

I don't want to have a go at a very honest player and great bloke, but what you say is absolutely key for me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Dave, met him a couple of times and was very giving with his time, but this isn't a thread about discussing his football ability or to Have digs at our foreign flair players. Its about some great work from Dave Edwards off the pitch.

ladywolf

Reaction score
He's such a nice and genuine person. He is a positive influence and and experienced head which is good to have around the place.

I'm sure if some folk on here met him they would have a bit more respect for him.

It's the managers that pick him remember!

R

reanswolf

He's such a nice and genuine person. He is a positive influence and and experienced head which is good to have around the place.

I'm sure if some folk on here met him they would have a bit more respect for him.

It's the managers that pick him remember!

I honestly don't think many have dissed him, probably as many people as fingers you have on one hand.
Absolutely no doubt what you say is true, don't think it would have anything to do with footballing opinions though.
But his work is superb.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've met him a few times and I can only echo what others have said - he is a thoroughly decent, polite and intelligent guy.

Back
Top Bottom