Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Data breach compensation

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
Hi all

A rare venture to the OT forum for me, but hoping someone might have some experience in this area.

In short...

My other half is going through a child surname dispute in the family courts with her ex. During the case, the court has sent the case papers out to the family of a totally different case. My partner has then been contacted by a random woman (after tracking her down on social media) claiming she had been sent our court papers. She then proceeded to photograph said court papers and send them over via Facebook messenger.

After reporting it, the court have acknowledged the error and have (very quickly) offered £300 in compensation... Does anyone have any advice on where we should go from here? Is £300 an acceptable amount for a breach of this nature? If not, how should we go forward with it?

Thanks for any help!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll depend on the usage of the data, but idssy no to any first offer. When I was sent on GDPR awareness training we were told fined could be tens of thousands, although trying to beat the government is hard work

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
Cheers maws. It’s an odd situation to be in, but if they want to throw compensation at us, might aswell make the most of it..

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

It’ll depend on the usage of the data, but idssy no to any first offer. When I was sent on GDPR awareness training we were told fined could be tens of thousands, although trying to beat the government is hard work
We were told upwards of 10k too

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were told upwards of 10k too

Fines are rocketing as a deterrent under new EU GDPR laws (So you have about 30 days to lodge ;-)) , catching up with the Americans who are much harder than us.
I think BA have been fined around £180 million recently since the laws kicked in, but they were careless with around 500,000 people's info.

Back
Top Bottom