Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Curtis Davies..?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another very poor defender. Not even better than Neil Collins.

Not seen much of him lately but I am certain he used to be better than NC! No-one, not even Malcolm Allison, would have paid £8m+ for Collins!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another very poor defender. Not even better than Neil Collins.

Funny you mention Collins, he could well be a regular in the premiership next year while we are in the slums of the chumpionship, funny how times change.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was terrible when I saw him play against Ipswich the other week.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was good for The albion and when he 1st went to Villa but that was a couple of seaons ago. If he can get that form back he would be a good signing, If he can't thenhe wouldn't..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny you mention Collins, he could well be a regular in the premiership next year while we are in the slums of the chumpionship, funny how times change.

Leeds recent good run has coincided with Collins not playing.

He was terrible when I saw him play against Ipswich the other week.

Not the best of games to judge someone on given it was played in a blizzard.

J

johnybig32

Collins has been playing?

With regards to the two mentiones, can they seriously be worse than what we have?

Davies had plenty of potential and as for Woodgate, If he can get fit and we can be the vehicle that helps that, then it would be fantastic!!

306NOTOUT

Along with Leon $$$$ing Clarke :dong:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds recent good run has coincided with Collins not playing.

Not the best of games to judge someone on given it was played in a blizzard.

So did the Ipswich defenders but they looked far better. Davies looked clumsy. Maybe his injury problems have caught up with him?

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davies and Wheater are better than Stearman and Moyokolo so either would do imo. My worry is none of our main targets will come and we end up with Sean St Ledger.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zubar - - Davies / Wheater -- Berra - - Foley

You get no where by putting square pegs in round holes. Foley is not a left back, he is a right back. Foley should play right back and we need a new left back just like we have done for the last 4 seasons..
Charlie Mulgrew, Matt Hill, Van Damme, Elokobi ring any bells???

J

johnybig32

I really think he is capable of playinjg there. Reminds me so much of Irwin anyway.

You tell me why he wouldn't? Apart from the fact he is right footed, buthe is ok withhis left!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davies is better than anything we have got. Get him and dunne in from villa!!!!!!

V

Veins Of Old Gold

He's not better than Joleon Lescott mate. Aaron yes but not Joleon.

Dunne a big yes. Davies a no from me. Seen him recently for Leicester and he was awful. We don't have time for these players to come in and try and find their previous form. We need players to come in and make a difference.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dunne a big yes. Davies a no from me. Seen him recently for Leicester and he was awful. We don't have time for these players to come in and try and find their previous form. We need players to come in and make a difference.

The truth is we won't get players like that. What you are saying is proven prem players... Well I can't see them coming to Wolves with a big posibility that they will be playing championship next season.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I can't see us signing anyone for cash this window.

It'll be loan signings so the above is quite possible.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't got one defender that could lace Lescotts boots at the present time.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Daily Mirror: 'Aston Villa are offering defender Curtis Davies as a £2.5m makeweight as they try to seal a part-exchange deal with Blackburn for centre-back Chris Samba, 26, who is rated at £6m by his club.'

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily Mirror - J Woodgate is set to sign for West Ham or Wolves on loan.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree - Davies is fifth choice at Villa. He has to re-build his career. That will take time - the one thing we don't have. What a player was three years ago is irrelevant. The question is what is he now. Dunne is the player we probably need right now and Wheater would be the next best - young but very experienced for ihis age (23). However with the way things are going my bet is us getting a third choice player in and Davies would represent that.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davies is a better player than Wheater, so we'd be getting 2nd choice (if dunne doesnt come that is) He doesnt have to rebuild anything, he's been playing for leicester for the past couple of months in the same league as wheater.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davies is a better player than Wheater, so we'd be getting 2nd choice (if dunne doesnt come that is) He doesnt have to rebuild anything, he's been playing for leicester for the past couple of months in the same league as wheater.

How many games has Davies played for Villa in three and a half years and why is he currently fifth choice if he is so good? He was certainly a good player once and perhaps could be again. I don't believe that at this moment he would make a great difference especially as Stearman is playing very well and Berra has improved too. Also Craddock back in a couple of weeks. In our current situation any new player needs to make an instant difference as a first choice, first team player. Davies does not fall into that category imv.

Back
Top Bottom