Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Better team than I was expecting given all the injury rumours, happy with that 11

Me too, big problems seems to overstate it a bit.

Ok we have 3 LWB's injured but only Saiss and Raul outside of that.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of squad rotation from Nuno me thinks. For those of you saying you are surprised Moutinho is playing, just show the man some respect will you? 129 games for Portugal, etc. There will come a time when we will wish he was still playing for us...until then, sit back and simply enjoy the maestro.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Agreed. In time people will look back and realise how lucky we were to have a player like Moutinho at Wolves.

Five foot seven of football heaven.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts does his thing for an hour, Neves comes on to see the job through - giving both a little break.

We had NO control against Chelsea so hopefully we do a better job today.

D

Deleted member 5276

What, until the player is past it? Gonna play him when he's 40, then ? But don't let thinking get in the way of a tried and tested cliche.
15 years he has played for Portugal. Sure, we need to look after him and rest him but fortunately, we have Nuno, his coaching squad, as well as Fernando Santos and his coaching squad to tell us that Joao is far from past it.

You need to think about what he has been asked to do over the last 18 months without a proper break. I agree he hasn't been at his best the last few months but you watch how he controls a game when we don't have the ball.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Think he's managing the hours going into tired legs. Adama as an impact sub. Mouts will be fine, have a bit of faith. Still struggling to manage the injury hit squad though, stick together boys.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish positioning there from Emglands No1

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get that side, bar Mountinho instead of Neves. Neves sort of hitting some form, dropped? Come on the old gold n black!

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Nuno hint at a couple of injury problems yesterday? Would explain a fair bit.

Come on lads. Need to get some points today.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange having a 3pm kick off. Not used to it.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a tad surprised Neves is on the bench instead of Moutinho. Neves has seemed to control the midfield when we've played Palace recently. I said on another thread the other day I would have gone with Traore instead of Podence, mainly because Palace do like to give us space out wide which should suit Traore, and with Jose upfront, his crosses should have some impact.

Having said that we can still win.

Come on Wolves!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of squad rotation from Nuno me thinks. For those of you saying you are surprised Moutinho is playing, just show the man some respect will you? 129 games for Portugal, etc. There will come a time when we will wish he was still playing for us...until then, sit back and simply enjoy the maestro.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
I love Mouts but he is no spring chicken and struggles to last 90mins.
Past international record is admirable but nowt to do with current selection. Otherwise we could sign Pele, Maldini, Shilton....

Edited to add: l see that others made similar points.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want a performance. Moutinho must deliver as he is shielding the back three if Dendocker pushed up.
Go for it guys!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a tad surprised Neves is on the bench instead of Moutinho. Neves has seemed to control the midfield when we've played Palace recently. I said on another thread the other day I would have gone with Traore instead of Podence, mainly because Palace do like to give us space out wide which should suit Traore, and with Jose upfront, his crosses should have some impact.

Having said that we can still win.

Come on Wolves!!
Van Aanholt will be relieved following the FA Cup match at Molineux.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC has us lining-up with Semedo on right and Hoever on left. That's not right, surely!

Back
Top Bottom