Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1693717983408.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Starting this very early. It’s an early start for those of us travelling down there so might as well!

How we all feeling now the deadline has passed? Relieved? Optimistic? Pessimistic? Frustrated? A mix? I think at least now we can focus on the football, starting with todays tricky trip to the outskirts of London.

Selhurst Park isn’t a nice place to go, in any way. Our record there is pretty ropey too. That said, no time like the present to end dodgy streaks! And at least we know Zaha won’t score today!

For us. I’d like to see a bit more of the us we saw at Old Trafford and in parts against Brighton. I think we did what we had go against Everton but it wasn’t a good performance if we’re being honest. We weren’t as positive or brave as we have been, think we need that back really.

In terms of line-up, it’s a tricky one for Gary. Does he bring any of the new lads in? Have them on the bench so they can see what it’s about? Or give them 2 weeks of hard work on the training ground before unleashing them on Liverpool? I’d be tempted for option 2, have them there but stick with the group who have been doing ok.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Ait-Nouri
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Cunha Fabio Neto​

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno, Bueno, Doyle, Traore, Gonzalez, Bellegarde, Sasa.

As I say, this won’t be an easy game, but it’s one where we are capable of getting a result. We need to show the kind of attitude and application from those first couple of performances. But most importantly I guess, take our chances!

Whether you’re following from Croydon, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Stingray II

Reaction score
This will be a good game-watch. I think it's anybody's game, so can't predict. If they go ahead, we could come back. Vice-versa. I won't judge GON until 10 games have gone down, but I am interested to see his squad-use and tactical plan for the game. Bring it!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope that Wolves aren't Wolves today and bring us crashing down to earth after the (relative) excitement of the closing days of the transfer window.
Palace are without Zaha and I heard that Olise is injured, so that's two big players that have done well against us in the past. They still have Eze and Edourd and a number of other physical players, so it won't be easy. It never is at SP!
Be interesting to see if any of our newbies start, although I reckon GON will start a few from the bench as he has 2 weeks after today to bed them in properly.
A point takes us above Newcastle and not many of us would have predicted that before the start of the season.
I'm hoping for a positive performance, the new players making an impact and a comfortable win. I'm not expecting anything of the sort, though. :rolleyes:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one today. We’ve got to find the balance between matching them and playing football. Too often here we scrap with them and just get run out of the game by their team of giants.

I predicted 1-1 but I fancy us today. 1-0 Wolves after another scrap.

Let’s go!!!!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s my first solo Away game as a Season Ticket Holder and with 6 scored and 2 clean sheets last week and a really solid end to the Transfer Window, I am looking forward to what could be a belting game.

2 teams who scored 9 respectively on Tuesday, will be both chomping at the bit to continue the scoring feeling and if we can stop Palace’s pace which has caused us problems, then we’ll be in a good place.

We showed on Tuesday that we are incredibly capable when it comes together and think this could be a great stage for Cunha to use his skill and pace, going against a relatively old defence.

I get to tick off another ground too - just a shame the club have printed me a duplicate which I have to collect, with all failing to post it in time.

Nevertheless, another 3 points would make 6 points out of 12 a decent start to the campaign.

Enjoy the game from wherever you are and from Coach 1 of Tatters Travel’s: UP THE WOLVES!

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just hope that Wolves aren't Wolves today and bring us crashing down to earth after the (relative) excitement of the closing days of the transfer window.
Palace are without Zaha and I heard that Olise is injured, so that's two big players that have done well against us in the past. They still have Eze and Edourd and a number of other physical players, so it won't be easy. It never is at SP!
Be interesting to see if any of our newbies start, although I reckon GON will start a few from the bench as he has 2 weeks after today to bed them in properly.
A point takes us above Newcastle and not many of us would have predicted that before the start of the season.
I'm hoping for a positive performance, the new players making an impact and a comfortable win. I'm not expecting anything of the sort, though. :rolleyes:
There without Zaha because he plays for Galatasaray now :tearsofjoy:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully a good display and we get the 3 points . I wonder if any of the new lads will feature in the 11 . Or most likely off the bench .

Let's hope Fabio getting the Number 9 shirt transforms him into Haaland goal machine

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If we play anything like we did against Everton in defence we’ll get thumped. We were all over the place and had to rely on a brilliant performance by Sa.
Hope also Semedo is more awake and aware in this game-if he plays- than he was last time we were at Selhurst Park!
Sincerely hope Gary sorts our tactics out defensively, then we have a platform to perform and hopefully get something out of this tricky game.
Fingers crossed.
Good luck to all our travelling fans!
Let’s hear you out sing the home fans and bring home 3 points!!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than Eze, Palace have no real stand outs imo.

Zaha has gone and Olise is injured. Edouard blows hot and cold, Andersen and Guehi look good at the back. Don’t know any of their midfield.

Roy Hodgson has done and is doing a great job for them and he’s 76 years old. He deserves a lot of respect and so do Palace.

1-1 draw for me.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Olise injured, or is that just internet rumour?

Tbf, these could have a Stern John upfront today and they will probably still cause us problems. In 40 years watching Wolves I struggle to think of a venue I have so few happy memories from. Every game against these always feels exactly the same. We get bullied by a load of south London street footballers. Hopefully with the likes of Lemina and Gomes in the middle, todays the day that changes.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For now less worried about how we play than getting points, no injuries, and ideally strikers scoring!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that anyone signed after 12pm Friday can’t feature so JRB won’t play any part?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
My first miss of the season today, I'm literally on the beach, let's just hope our team doesn't follow suit. Will probably be relying on the comms thread so pray for me now!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised he ended up playing in Turkey.

Thought he would have gone to another Prem club or one of the better European leagues.
Possibly, this had something to do with it;
In a statement on their website, Galatasaray revealed they would pay the 30-year-old a signing fee of 2.35million euros (£2million) and an annual salary of 4.35m euros (£3.75m).
But, yes, I guess that a Premier League club might have taken a punt, even for a player with his reputation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than Eze, Palace have no real stand outs imo.

Zaha has gone and Olise is injured. Edouard blows hot and cold, Andersen and Guehi look good at the back. Don’t know any of their midfield.

Roy Hodgson has done and is doing a great job for them and he’s 76 years old. He deserves a lot of respect and so do Palace.

1-1 draw for me.
Re your first sentence they would probably say the same about us

Back
Top Bottom