Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crowd today.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20,000?? Was really disappointed with it, supposed to be a fresh start. Morgan, Moxey, Jackett all gone, some very exiting new signings... So where was everyone??
Great atmosphere by the way, fair play to the ones that could be bothered.

Pitbull

Reaction score
They will come crawling out when we start to look like we are going to do something.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Crowd were fantastic today. Keep playing like that and those empty 8,000 seats will soon be filled. Really enjoyed being at Molineux today. As much as I appreciated what Kenny did for our club, I don't think I could say that after any of our games after Christmas last season.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It's going to take a few more good results until the crowds get into the mid-twenties again. The last regime have really scarred a lot of our great supporters. Wounds take a while to heal.

B

buzzin_nice

What a game!!! What great support from the crowd that were there today... cannot wait until Tuesday! Everything about today felt right. I have a really good feeling about Zenga, his methods, organisation and his way with the squad/fans.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
What a great day, one of the best atmospheres I've been to. If that's what we can do with 20k I wanna be there if we can get 30k!

D

Deleted member 4008

It's too expensive to go now. I use to go home and away for about 10 years . Then I didn't go and now I don't miss it . Always will follow wolves results and the team etc. Once you find other thing you need to spend £500 on like a family then it's hard to justify the money.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Best home match I have been to for 12 months

Fantastic match, South Bank giving the support, Steve Bull and Billy Wright with the clappers

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved it today. Felt the best day since Division One IMO . The new guys are terrific, and a few of the older guys look up for it and play with a smile on their face and are more positive. The great thing is you know it will get better. Weaknesses will not stay all season, they will be cut out. Crowds will return but after last season people are weary -- and on holiday.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best home match I have been to for 12 months

Fantastic match, South Bank giving the support, Steve Bull and Billy Wright with the clappers

Agree first game I actually enjoyed watching for ages. Yes Reading were poor but we attacked from the start. Really impressed with JDB, even if he was being fouled he had a shot. I believe we had about 15 shots at goal, we must have had that in about as many games last season. If the crowd see the effort and a team trying to attack they will respond.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's too expensive to go now. I use to go home and away for about 10 years . Then I didn't go and now I don't miss it . Always will follow wolves results and the team etc. Once you find other thing you need to spend £500 on like a family then it's hard to justify the money.
Same here. Other priorities - like paying the rent and putting food on the table for my family. Have been all over the country following Wolves, but that was at a time when I did not have the responsibilities that I have now. Still enjoy the game, though, and I like to keep up with what is happening via this forum.

Those 'coming out of the woodwork' are those who can afford to do so, whether or not they are genuine fans of the club.

ladywolf

Reaction score
Loved it today. Reading didn't bring a huge amount and it is the holiday period.

Liked it in the first half when the SB asked Zenga for a wave and he mustn't of understood. Someone on the bench did though and shouted at him to wave, much to the delight of the SB!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no choice. I've got a 7 year old who is completely addicted to Wolves!! Taking him to the games is the best thing in the world!!
I was just hoping for a better crowd to show Fosun and maybe any players that may have been there today that this is not just another football club!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't able to be there today but the noise coming through from commentary was unbelievable. At one stage Mikey Burrows said 'listen to this' stopped talking and just allowed the noise to come through the mic. I think our new owners got a taste of what Molineux is all about. Full houses will be around the corner

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emigrated to Suisse some time ago, and wish I could be there for what looks like a new dawn. First time today I really felt homesick!! Envy all of you that can go every week, after this performance sounds like we could be on the verge of something special, especially with some more signings and Zyro, Dicko and Graham to come...

And after being dubious of his record, I'm absolutely lovin Zenga. Passion. Drive. Tactical nous. Most of all, it seems he's enjoying himself and wants to succeed. We could be the perfect fit, who knows!?

Enjoy the season guys!

D

Deleted member 3518

What a game!!! What great support from the crowd that were there today... cannot wait until Tuesday! Everything about today felt right. I have a really good feeling about Zenga, his methods, organisation and his way with the squad/fans.

Still buzzing, great in the South Bank today even for an old ******* like me!!:D

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Loved it today, South Bank was brilliant, but must admit I was shocked at 20,000.

No worries though, these players can build a connection with the club and the apathy is understandable, but these guys will remove that, and fast.

COYW

D

Deleted member 3518

Loved it today, South Bank was brilliant, but must admit I was shocked at 20,000.

No worries though, these players can build a connection with the club and the apathy is understandable, but these guys will remove that, and fast.

COYW

Totally agree, change in atmosphere was immense, just loved the performance and entertainment how radically different to last season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The only downside of my day was that having hammered up the M5 from holiday with no ticket I arrived to find the South Bank full. There was actually a decent atmosphere in the NB though and it was nice to admire the SB from afar (as a one off). It felt and sounded a lot more than 20k but looking forward to a night game back in the noisy end on Tuesday.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Totally agree, change in atmosphere was immense, just loved the performance and entertainment how radically different to last season.
Great atmosphere in the South Bank today, stunning

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I gave up my season ticket after last season finally pushed me over the edge (I'm 57 by the way).I expect there are plenty others like me who did the same. The problem is I started to think about the cost when at the moment for me the monthy payments would have been affordable. I needed an excuse to stop going because I wasn't enjoying it any more. I've made my mind up to have a season off and see how I feel then. I can always be a glory hunter and buy one when we get promoted! I'm still there in spirit though! UTW

S

Silver

Some silly comments. I regard myself as extremely lucky that I can afford 2 ST for self & son, and fund the 150 mile round trip, but many are just as passionate but less fortunate. We also manage most away games. The diet fed last season was pretty meagre gruel, so I can well understand many many people feeling there were better uses to which their money could be put. Perhaps a few more good performances like today and we'll be back to 25k, but PLEASE don't start the 'where were you when we were ++++' towards our OWN fans. Just welcome them back with open arms!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some silly comments. I regard myself as extremely lucky that I can afford 2 ST for self & son, and fund the 150 mile round trip, but many are just as passionate but less fortunate. We also manage most away games. The diet fed last season was pretty meagre gruel, so I can well understand many many people feeling there were better uses to which their money could be put. Perhaps a few more good performances like today and we'll be back to 25k, but PLEASE don't start the 'where were you when we were ++++' towards our OWN fans. Just welcome them back with open arms!
i agree. i do a 400 mile round trip. i have 2 season tickets and i watch roughly half the games. i give the tickets to old school mates whi struggle with the prices when i cant go. not glory hunters just decent blokes who love wolves

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree first game I actually enjoyed watching for ages. Yes Reading were poor but we attacked from the start. Really impressed with JDB, even if he was being fouled he had a shot. I believe we had about 15 shots at goal, we must have had that in about as many games last season. If the crowd see the effort and a team trying to attack they will respond.

I am not sure about all this "Reading were poor" - I don't think we allowed them to be anything but poor today.

D

Deleted member 3518

Well said (posted) sir!!

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the comment on the crowd is more than justified. If we were top of the league it would be sold out every week, no question about it.
I expected at least 25k today but the ones who were there more than made up for it.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a great day, one of the best atmospheres I've been to. If that's what we can do with 20k I wanna be there if we can get 30k!

What you say makes perfect sense, however the reality is that more generates less, based on previous big gates, maybe this is the year of the Wolf.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades

D

Deleted member 4382

Fantastic post. Similarly, my son and I both have season tickets and a drive from Manchester. I appreciate how expensive football is these days. Many Wolves fans (especially those from further afield) may not be able to afford to come to every game, but when they do attend, their support is very very welcome indeed.

Sutton

Reaction score
Great atmosphere in the South Bank today. Back to the best it has been.

Disappointed with 20k attendance as well. Zenga has said his dream is to get a full house - time for us fans to do our bit to help with that...

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have had their pound of flesh off me over a period of 50 years. I now pick my games. As we speak I was planning with my mate a visit for the glamour game on September 10th against Burton. We will go on the train and have plenty of beers in town. It's all looking good!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emigrated to Suisse some time ago, and wish I could be there for what looks like a new dawn. First time today I really felt homesick!! Envy all of you that can go every week, after this performance sounds like we could be on the verge of something special, especially with some more signings and Zyro, Dicko and Graham to come...

And after being dubious of his record, I'm absolutely lovin Zenga. Passion. Drive. Tactical nous. Most of all, it seems he's enjoying himself and wants to succeed. We could be the perfect fit, who knows!?

Enjoy the season guys!

Agreed and same here, we emigrated to Maryland, weather and lifestyle is great but there was only one place I wanted to be this Saturday afternoon.
(It was thanks to the Morgan and Moxey slow death that broke my 40+ year addiction, that allowed me to finally accept a job abroad)

E

Essex Wolf

Must admit I was a little disappointed with the crowd and had thought that maybe around the 23-24k mark was on but of those that did attend yesterday they/we created one hell of an atmosphere the like of which hasn't been seen or heard at Molineux a long while now.

I still know a fair few people who follow the Wolves who have still not decided whether to return having given up going under the old regime. Some made the effort as soon as Morgan was gone and others likewise once Moxey followed suit but some are biding their time and agree or not it's their prerogative.

And as has been pointed out it's not cheap. I'm lucky that having retired early I get a very good pension but not every soul is so fortunate in life as others. But with the football now being more enjoyable, hopefully more better players still to come and a coach/manager who has a clue the fans will return in greater number soon.

Back
Top Bottom