Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Craddock

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has not been included in squad for trip to Ireland according to Wolves twitter. I get the impression that his Wolves days could be over.
Whatever happens good luck Jody. You have been a great servant to Wolves over the last nine years.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't look good for Jody.

Hope whatever happens though, we give him a testimonial. I know you're meant to have 10 seasons but Craddock has been the ultimate pro for us and I think he really deserves it. And would give us fans the chance to say thank-you for the great service.

Surely Morgan & Moxey could look past this minor bit of information.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Doesn't look good for Jody.

Hope whatever happens though, we give him a testimonial. I know you're meant to have 10 seasons but Craddock has been the ultimate pro for us and I think he really deserves it. And would give us fans the chance to say thank-you for the great service.

Surely Morgan & Moxey could look past this minor bit of information.

Hear hear! Posted something very similar on the 'Central Defence' thread. A wonderful servant for us who would be fully deserving of a testimonial.

T

Toupee4Rae

Im on the testimonial bandwagon, great player and servant to the club. I love the fact he takes time out to talk to the fans and remains positive despite everything.

Lets face it there aren't too many players that once doomed by the fans have won them over like Jody has.

Legend!

E

Edgmond Wolf

Jody Craddock great servant for Wolves, fully deserves a testimonial match and would love the chance to give him a proper send off

There's only one Jody Craddock

D

Dewolf

There seems to be a hint in the article that he'll be given some kind of role at the club. Hopefully defensive coach or something.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But just who would the opposition be? Just think of the players that could play for both Sunderland and Wolves in that game! we could fill the stadium alone with that.

To be fair as well there fans have always had good banter and a decent bunch so I think they would make it a good occassion.

D

dazmanwolf

Reading between the lines of the E&S article....I think the club will hold on to him in some capacity. Maybe in an ambassadorial role or maybe coaching. He has been a loyal servant and the club will want to support him while his son is under treatment.

....but saying that. He may want a year of playing, so he could be off to join MM if he gets the Forest Job.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SimplyTheWolves

If this is the end for Jody as a Wolves player then thank you Jody for all you’ve done for our club, you have been a magnificent servant for us and I hope you stay on in some capacity.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is the end for Jody as a Wolves player then thank you Jody for all you’ve done for our club, you have been a magnificent servant for us and I hope you stay on in some capacity.

Yes agreed, a pairing of a young Ludo and Jody would be just brilliant.

W

WasStefan

Cheers for all the hard work Jody, really hope he gets a testemonial and also a backroom staff job at the club.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo our coaching staff is pretty weak and remember TC will probably leave when Merlin gets another job. Jody Craddock would surely be worth consideration as a replacement.

Maybe Jez will keep him on in some capacity pending TCs hopeful departure.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too happy about this, yes he is 37 but an injury free Craddock is far better than any of what we currently have.

J

Jameswwfc

Don't get this calling for a testimonial, great servant? Yes he's been ok but for the 9 years he's been here he's been paid very well and has anybody ever actually come in for him to test his loyalty?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be good to see him as reserve team coach, but he did say recently that he wasnt interested in a coaching role.. Probably go into his painting whne he finishes playing.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did like him, but I think the song "used to be $$$$e, now he's alright" sums the situation up. Lovely man it appears, good servant (but still got a salary?) but average at best over the 9 years - hardly a legend.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great servant for the Wolves and a top man!

How did the fans get it so wrong about him?

F

FLEET WOLF

I did like him, but I think the song "used to be $$$$e, now he's alright" sums the situation up. Lovely man it appears, good servant (but still got a salary?) but average at best over the 9 years - hardly a legend.

I take your point, but in many ways he has been above average for us-servants get paid.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Average at best?

We've only had three properly good centre halves in thirty odd years.

• Lescott
  • Richards
  • Craddock
Hardly average in Wolves terms, deserves legenday status IMO for his spirit, ability and improvement.

Been one of my all time favourite players. At a top club he might look average, but he was our only commanding CH during our title-winning season. Without him we would have been relegated in our first season back in the PL, he was immense, and on that form he would have done better than the clowns playing for England at the 2010 World Cup! And come to think of it, if he hadn't have come back into the team and played a couple of blinders in our second season we would have been relegated too!

Jody Craddock, Wolves Legend.

W

WasStefan

Average at best?

• Lescott
  • Richards
  • Craddock
Hardly average in Wolves terms, deserves legenday status IMO for his spirit, ability and improvement.

Been one of my all time favourite players. At a top club he might look average, but he was our only commanding CH during our title-winning season. Without him we would have been relegated in our first season back in the PL, he was immense, and on that form he would have done better than the clowns playing for England at the 2010 World Cup! And come to think of it, if he hadn't have come back into the team and played a couple of blinders in our second season we would have been relegated too!

People forget his defending AND GOALS kept us up in our first season. :cool:

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Average at best?

• Lescott
  • Richards
  • Craddock

I realise its not the popular opinion, but I think you are too easily pleased!

In the last 7 seasons he has averaged 21 games so approximately half.

Steve Bull is the only legend at Wolves in my lifetime.

You could add Sir Jack/Mccarthy and even Graham Turner if we are are counting non-playing staff, but no other players in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MonkeySpanner

Still the best central defender at the club at 37. I'm sure the club will do the right thing and get his ten years in so he can have his testimonial.

Theres only one Jody Craddock........

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great servent to Wolves absolute legend from his goals to his defending in recent years only Lescott and Richards top him since ive been around (not long mind)

In all honesty Jody should hang up his boots concentrate on the family now they come first over everything, so much respect for him and i DEMAND a testimonial for him !

B

bridgnorthwolf

Ludovic Pollet?? John De Wolf? Keith Curle?

Ludo was ok in a rough and ready, body on the line kind of way.

De Wolf was an over-rated one season wonder cult figure.

Jody head and shoulders above either

B

bridgnorthwolf

And Curle?

Curle was our best player during many a poor performance for a couple of years, and yes I'd rank him 4th in the list of best centre halves in my time.

Jody was our best defender during our most successful spell in my time. He's my absolute favourite defender during my time, ahead of Lescott mostly for that reason, even though Lescott is definitely the best technically I've seen.

D

Dewsburywolf

Keith Curle was a wonderful defender. Such a shame we only got him in the twilight of his career. Really class- a pleasure watching him play for the Wolves.

Didn't he actually play alongside Dean Richards for at least part of his Wolves career? Guiding him through his early days with us?

P

Penk Wolf

That's what I thought, so the pupil turned out better than the tutor? Not that that isn't possible of course

The first time I saw him play, after we signed him from Bradford, I expected him to go on to be an England regular. From 86 he would be in my all time Wolves team.

Back
Top Bottom