Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Covid passports

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the covid passports need to be shown in the que at molineux before you go in, how can you show this on your NHS app on your smartphone? You can never get a signal before going in to the ground, especially in the Steve Bull anyway.
How's that going to work?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On an iPhone, you also have the option to store it in your Apple Wallet, download a pdf copy and send yourself a copy by email. If you do this now, then you don’t need service at the ground, or you could even print a copy and take that, if you’re worried about your phone battery going flat. The passes are valid for a month before you need to generate a new one.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can also request a paper copy from government website to be posted to you. You’ll probably need to know your NHS number though.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can also request a paper copy from government website to be posted to you. You’ll probably need to know your NHS number though.
got an ancient mobile and no internet connection so did just that and got the letter through the post.
rang 119 with no problems.
now have 1 letter,2 cards and a badge that was stuck on my coat

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I requested my paper copy last week as was hoping my 3rd jab would b on ( its on the app but not on paper copy) !

Me Babbies

Reaction score
On an iPhone, you also have the option to store it in your Apple Wallet, download a pdf copy and send yourself a copy by email. If you do this now, then you don’t need service at the ground, or you could even print a copy and take that, if you’re worried about your phone battery going flat. The passes are valid for a month before you need to generate a new one.
You can do the same on android with Google wallet pdf saved to phone etc

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the bit of paper you get when you get vaccinated do as proof at the ground?

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Appreciate their following Gov advise but isn't this easily scammed ?
I mean one could show someone elses is screenshot.
Without id verification in addition to the passport how it this proving ur passport status.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have any guidance on how this will work for 12-15 year olds? Also how would they evidence a negative lateral flow - post to NHS website and get return email I suppose?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Once you send off the negative lft results you get an email and text message back. So just show them the text from the nhs.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Without id verification in addition to the passport how it this proving ur passport status.
All match and season tickets have a name and supporter number on them. The name on the ticket should match the name on the covid passport and QR code, so that should be pretty hard to scam.

Where the system falls down is if I let my Dad use my season ticket for example, or if people can't go to a game and sell their ticket on.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
It would take too long to check I.D We wouldn't get in until injury time! In todays Times it says Premier League are in discussion with Government to carry on with spot checks guaranteeing to check every one in four.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
All match and season tickets have a name and supporter number on them. The name on the ticket should match the name on the covid passport and QR code, so that should be pretty hard to scam.

Where the system falls down is if I let my Dad use my season ticket for example, or if people can't go to a game and sell their ticket on.
Or if people use their 2nd Christian name, what then?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Giving or selling your ticket on to someone else is now a breach of the clubs new policy, be careful032D436D-92F2-4036-8954-CDB87AFE041F.jpeg

Last edited:

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't need a phone signal.
Open the app....enter unlocking code...the passport shows on screen.
Takes 5 seconds, so there shouldn't be queues

AberWolf

Reaction score
There is no way the stewards on the door will make sure tickets and covid docs match names. They didn't at any of the Wembley games last summer...

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I think we're all banking on people not being ********s and taking the opportunity to play dice with public health.
The very fact that numerous people ARE ********s, including the very people creating the rules has meant that this situation has had to be endured far longer than was necessary.
Anyone trying to circumvent this are vermin. Take a test/get vaccinated, show your pass... enjoy the game...

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Utterly ridiculous.
Why do the protected need protection from the officially unprotected?
Omicron is not statistically scary.
Except for the possibility of having to suffer a couple of days of daytime tellly.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly ridiculous.
Why do the protected need protection from the officially unprotected?
Omicron is not statistically scary.
Except for the possibility of having to suffer a couple of days of daytime tellly.

It’s not about protecting vaccinated people at football grounds and other large events. It’s about reducing the risk of super spreader events leading to a rapid spiral of cases and the NHS getting swamped. As they’ve been finding in Scotland, if you have one infected person in a room with 100 unvaccinated people, then 60-70 of them will get infected with this variant. At the moment, it’s unclear how severe this variant is, but if it were like earlier variants, then on average 2-3 of them will end up in hospital, and one will end up dead. The vaccine with boosters reduces this risk by at least 75%.

That’s why it’s not utterly ridiculous. It’s way too early to state Omicron is not statistically scary. It spreads like wildfire and it’s too early to tell yet how deadly it is, what damage it does, or what it might evolve into.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not about protecting vaccinated people at football grounds and other large events. It’s about reducing the risk of super spreader events leading to a rapid spiral of cases and the NHS getting swamped. As they’ve been finding in Scotland, if you have one infected person in a room with 100 unvaccinated people, then 60-70 of them will get infected with this variant. At the moment, it’s unclear how severe this variant is, but if it were like earlier variants, then on average 2-3 of them will end up in hospital, and one will end up dead. The vaccine with boosters reduces this risk by at least 75%.

That’s why it’s not utterly ridiculous. It’s way too early to state Omicron is not statistically scary. It spreads like wildfire and it’s too early to tell yet how deadly it is, what damage it does, or what it might evolve into.
You would think after all this time that people would understand the situation.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would think after all this time that people would understand the situation.
We it’s like Brexit all over again, the attitude from both sides to each other, society allows no middle ground these days. I’m triple jabbed, wear a mask abd show my passport when needed. Doesn’t mean I can’t see that there’s an over reaction here. Covid deaths are a moot point it’s within 28 days of a positive test. A good friends dad died and covids on the certificate, but my mate will say it wasn’t covid that sadly took him.

Problem is anti vaxxers go round tell everyone they’re fools for put an untested drug in their arm, it’s fully tested in my eyes. On the other hand I’ve seen it on here someone calling anyone who hasn’t had the jabs ****ers and should be ostracised from society, it’s mental. As someone else pointed out this isn’t Ebola type deadly so there’s a big argument that we don’t keep locking down and destroying peoples minds/jobs/relationships/causing other diseases to sky rocket

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
I went to the Man Utd game at the end of last season, I had to show my driving license and ticket 3 times before I got in the ground. I know there were limited numbers but it was very well organised.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way the stewards on the door will make sure tickets and covid docs match names. They didn't at any of the Wembley games last summer...
Thinking back to Torino where they were doing that and it was a bloody nightmare

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Covid deaths in England continue their downward trend and are 91% below their peak. Figures up to 9th December, published yesterday.

Hospitalisations from Covid are also declining but unhelpfully, those figures are not as up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom